• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What was really in your hospital bag?

hiya

Make sure you take a plug in fan. i took just a small travel plugin fan 6 or 7 inch and it was a god send.

I didnt take a breath fresh spray but i wished i had.

I took books but couldnt be assed to read them . they had a tv which i left on 24/7
i took some headphone from home for the tv as the hospital ones are not to well fitting ( they are the normal personal stereo type fitting )

What ever you take make sure you can get at it easy before you have the op as you will be like a octipus with drips when you come out and will have problems reachng stuff.

:p wont be long now. btw you can take your mobile in hospitals nowdays but they prefur if you only use them for a text.

got the breath spray, and ordered a mini fan with water spray from ebay :) got mouthwash, and arnica tablets. Got my suitcase down from the loft earlier (well hubby did) so i don't lose the stuff I've been getting.

Well am still pre op but am gettin my stuff together for surgery hopefully in mid august.

4 loose nighties (1 for each day)
8 pairs of bikini knickers(usually wear granny ones but dont want them to be near the wounds)
Dressing gown
slippers
lip balm
good moisurizer
sports bottle
Massage vibrating cushion(dont need battereies for my vibrating toy lol)
Toiletries
laptop so can keep in touch
mobile
wet wipes
anti bacterial spray/wipes for mrsa to spray in the bathroom when i arrive
books

and not forgetting the kitchen sink lol

got the breath spray, and ordered a mini fan with water spray from ebay :) got mouthwash, and arnica tablets. Got my suitcase down from the loft earlier (well hubby did) so i don't lose the stuff I've been getting.

The mini fan and water spray i saw them the other day in sainsburys on the travle section, ty for that idea will go and get one, i do expect air conditioning in my room as going private but just incase its a bit cold with it on and just want a little breeze it will do nicely.

thought about my laptop roch but didn't want it to go missing! Assume they have the over the bed tv things which have internet access on them :)

Must remember moisuriser though, cheers for that one!

thought about my laptop roch but didn't want it to go missing! Assume they have the over the bed tv things which have internet access on them :)

Must remember moisuriser though, cheers for that one!

Did not think bout that was jsut hoping that in a private hospital that would not happen but ty for the thought will check when i find out what hopital am having the op in to see if they have internet access from the tv`s take care xxx

Well am still pre op but am gettin my stuff together for surgery hopefully in mid august.

4 loose nighties (1 for each day)
8 pairs of bikini knickers(usually wear granny ones but dont want them to be near the wounds)
Dressing gown
slippers
lip balm
good moisurizer
sports bottle
Massage vibrating cushion(dont need battereies for my vibrating toy lol)
Toiletries
laptop so can keep in touch
mobile
wet wipes
anti bacterial spray/wipes for mrsa to spray in the bathroom when i arrive
books

and not forgetting the kitchen sink lol

Hiya

Thanks for this, are you on WLS site too hun? xx

hiya

Make sure you take a plug in fan. i took just a small travel plugin fan 6 or 7 inch and it was a god send.

I didnt take a breath fresh spray but i wished i had.

I took books but couldnt be assed to read them . they had a tv which i left on 24/7
i took some headphone from home for the tv as the hospital ones are not to well fitting ( they are the normal personal stereo type fitting )

What ever you take make sure you can get at it easy before you have the op as you will be like a octipus with drips when you come out and will have problems reachng stuff.

:p wont be long now. btw you can take your mobile in hospitals nowdays but they prefur if you only use them for a text.

Hiya hun

Sorry to hear your feeling down at the moment, think we all go through different stages, its a lot to get used to.

Thanks for the above too, starting to get it all together now xx

Thanks hun
Who needs kids, I've got my own DS Lite lol and don't worry that was on my list ha ha (big kid eh). I do have the brain games though, honest!! :p

Thanks for all your tips! xx
did you say you was going private?
i was in a private hospital, and i definatley didnt need a fan, i took a chenile blanket and really glad i did as the air conditioning was quite chilly.
michelle7272

did you say you was going private?
i was in a private hospital, and i definatley didnt need a fan, i took a chenile blanket and really glad i did as the air conditioning was quite chilly.
michelle7272

Hi
I'm NHS but its a private hospital, have a little fan so can take it just in case, good tip re blanked xx

nic I got a big fleecy dressing gown, that way it can double as a blanket if need be, saves space in the case ;)

hey missy not long now 4u hun, so answer me 1 thing? will u be taking ur stilletoes lol, oh and dont forget the whip will u it mite come in handy lol xxx

hey missy not long now 4u hun, so answer me 1 thing? will u be taking ur stilletoes lol, oh and dont forget the whip will u it mite come in handy lol xxx

Hey smiler

Good point yes ha ha! xxx

Back