• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What was really in your hospital bag?

Its an individual thing really packing your hospital bag. I took the essentials and that was enough. Some people suggested taking an ipod but you are so in and out of it after the op anyway, that is the last thing on your mind. I took my phone (hospital phones are expensive!!) but forgot my charger so it wasnt any use lol !! The things I found handy were taking my own towel, lip balm, hand cream, easy reading book or mags, clip to tie your hair back, shower cap and all the other essential toiletries plus comfy clothes for the journey home and easy shoes you dont have to bend over putting them on !!

Well what I took my phone, book, undies, pj bottoms, cap stick, comb, brush, mp3 player, and tooth brush and tooth paste didn't want anyone to smell my breath after waking up, plus I had a cute nurse I surely didn't want him to smell my morning breath lol

What a great thread thanks, I will be packing my bag soon and hadnt even thought of mouth freshener, also do hospitals allow you to take your own pillow?

yea u can have your own pillow once your out of surgery

For Sukie xxx

I must admit I didnt use most of the stuff I took,only wash stuff,two sets xl pjs,housecoat,slippers,moby,pillow and laptop.I didnt read or watch much tv.Sleep was all I did!Maz x

Oh I cant wait until I can say I am packing my bag - only just started my journey but love reading all your inspiring diaries. Ruth x

I'm just going to take some boxers and socks, tracksuit bottoms and a t-shirt (I usually sleep nude but these will do as pyjamas) and perhaps my dressing gown. Aside that, probably just my iPhone... what else would I need?

you will need the dressing gown and slippers for when they dress you in the gown and you have to walk to the theatre, think of all the poor people walking behind you lol :)

:D:D:D:D

Back