• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

which hospital for gastric banding

I've done loads and loads of research, but still cant make a decision with which hospital package to take.

How did any of you banders come to make your decisions. what was your focus or influence behind your choice?

Anyone had any bad experiences with their wls package that will help me with the most important decision of my life.

I'm most likely to be going to either Birmingham or Cambridge. would you really appreciate any advice.:confused:

Hiya Punky.... when i first went to my Dr's regarding WLS and the possibility of getting funding, when it was all accepted i had a choice of Luton & Dunstable or Birmingham Heartlands, my Dr discussed this with me and gave me the choice but said that she'd never heard of consultant at Luton & Dunstable and that Mr Paul Super ( whose at Birmingham Heartlands ) was an excellent surgeon so thats what swayed me to go to Birmingham. I am having my operation next tuesday so i cant tell you about experiences apart from that i have had good experience with Birmingham so far apart from a little glitch when i tried to get in touch with the Dietician. Good luck with everything and i am sure some more people will come along and tell you there experiences. I am NHS by the way X

Hi

Are you going private? if so, I chose the WLS Group because of the aftercare package and price. Three years unlimited fills and defills, I had my op in Preston although I live in the Midlands as it was £1,000 cheaper! they have clinics in various locations for fills and my nearest is b'ham.

The aftercare so far has been fantastic, Colleen the nutritionist is very good and contactable throughout the week. Wendy and her husband Steve operate the fill clinics plus any consultations and they are both lovely too.

Michelle is the MD who you may have seen on a programme about WLS (red spikey haired brummy) and it is her I spoke to initially. She sent all the info I needed in the post (might sound simple but so many didnt bother but still pestered me afterwards!). Within a week of enquiring I had booked my consultation and my op was arranged.

At the end of the day you have to go with what feels right for you but try and go for someone with the best aftercare package you can afford, its so important in getting to the end result.

Good luck x

I also went with WLS group and dont have 1 bad thing to say about them, check out my thread for the full story of my op and journey so far x

i went with wlsgroup and think they are fab. nothings too much trouble and they are soo friendly. the aftercare package was best option for me and i had op in london with a 2 night stay included in package so that was an added bonus for me.
good luck

hi pf i also went with wlsg they are great and have a fab aftercare package its a totally personal thing to choose but my gut instinct helped when i was faced with lots of different companys reserch,reserch ,reserch !!!! xxheather

:):):)

Thank all you so much. This is so important to me and so expensive so I need to get it right

Yes I too liked the package from WLS group, I've seen Michelle on the TV and what an inspiration she is. It makes such a difference if someone knows how crap you feel with the constant struggle of dieting and trying to keep it off.

Well I'm about to give them a ring. why do I feel so nervous? xx

Hi Punkiefairy,
I had my surgery with The Hospital Group and its not that I wouldn't recommend them I would only WLSG seem to do a better package as Mazza had done with them. I only get 4 fills in the 1st year anything after that I have to pay for :(

Back