• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Who goes to the gym

Tickety Boo

Hi all

As the title says - who goes to the gym?

Do you enjoy it or find it a chore?

Do you think it helps with your weight loss after surgery?

I`m thinking of re-joining.

I go :)

I do enjoy going, when I have inclination to go.

I do believe exercise in general got me the results I have had.

The spin classes there I absolutely love.

Hi all

As the title says - who goes to the gym?

ive just joined a new gym here, it opens in a few weeks i cant wait to get started again, gym and swim for me.

Do you enjoy it or find it a chore?

i actually enjoy it, it depends how fun you want to make it and what you want to get out of it, go with a friend make it part of your regular routine.

Do you think it helps with your weight loss after surgery?

it definatly helped my weight loss after banding, ive been swimming a few times since bypass but cant wait to start with some thing a little more intense.

:) go for it, it becomes addictive x

Hi all

As the title says - who goes to the gym? Yes I go to the gym

Do you enjoy it or find it a chore? No I love it, its my 'me' time

Do you think it helps with your weight loss after surgery? It certainly can if you chose the right exercise ie something you enjoy and will stick to

Go for it, there are some great classes at my gym at the moment, suitable for new exercisers right up to the hardcore fitness freaks! Zumba is really good fun!

Hi Boo, I go to the gym 3-5 times a week now and although I hate the thought of going, I like it once I'm there. Some days I do 90 minutes, other days when i really can't be bothered, i only do 40 or so , but every little helps!
I've found this month quite slow weight-loss wise but my clothes are seriously hanging of me compared to around xmas time and i def. think it is because I've increased my exercise time.
Start off slow, find an set of exercises you like and then increase as you feel fitter.
Good Luck.

I cant at present because the muscoskeletal ppl have found a problem with my right hip and I have been told not too do no exercise or even walk too far atm............Hope it turns out too be nothing :)

I try n swim 3 times a week, but have had a cold recently so have been slacking a bit :eek:It does help tone my loose skin, esp on my arms n legs:D

Iv just joined today , my first exercise day will be tuesday , can't wait to get started and go swimming too xx

I go to the gym and have just joined a new one that does loads of classes.
Went to my first Legs, Bums and Tums class this morning, hard work but I loved it x

As lots of you probably know Im a wheelchair user due to osteoarthritis and strokes so exercise isnt easy for me. I have some small weights and I bought some resistance bands so I do those at least 3 times a week, every day if I remember! Im hoping that when Ive lost some more weight I can go swimming as I love the water but wont go until Ive shrunk some more. :D Every little helps ;) XX

I'm the same as Mixxy.
I love the gym it makes you feel great after, I dont think i would have had the same results either if i had relied on the bypass alone xx

Any exercise no matter how small is good :)

A couple of weeks after my op i would get my exercise from walking my dog. Now I've started the gym a few weeks ago and i feel fantastic for going. Some days i can't be bothered and really push myself to go and i feel ace when i'm on my way home. I have lost more weight each wk about 1-2 more than not going the gym at all. I think it could become my addiction because i'm loving it xxx

I'm not a fan of the gym (since an unfortunate incident in my youth). However, I attend a yoga class, aqua aerobics (which seems to be toning up my bat wings), aerobics and a zumba class with my daughters. I also aim to walk them either to or from school one to two times a week. I am sure that these are helping not only with my weight loss, toning me up but also helps to keep me positive about my wl journey.

Whatever you decide to do, enjoy it, otherwise you won't sustain it.

Can I but in and add a question - Please?!!

All you folks who are loving the gym, were you active / sporty / whatever, when you were younger or before the weight piled on? Or have you become gym bunnies only since your opps?

I just ask as I was never sporty - I could sit in a playpen for hours quite happily - so I can't see me turning into a sporty person....

I used to be very sporty at school and a strong swimmer , i walk everywhere to so I'll find easy to get into , I think though when you have had your op your body changes so much everything is saggy so you will want to exercise to tone up if nothing else xx

Thanks Bobo

I don't mind walking, and for swimming I had goggles made with my prescription a few years ago, but I can't see me turning into a gym bunny. BUT I is it the gym workouts that are better for the saggy bits? Will walking the dog be enough?

I'm not sure tbh , I would say it all helps , I think swimming would be really good as you use lots of muscles doing it , hill walking would be good for your bum , I wish there was something for boobies as mine are horrible at the moment they are like my granny's and I'm only 29 but it's a small price to pay ;-) xx

Back