• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Who goes to the gym

I've got my GP referral for exercise and gonna start week after next when I'm back from my short break. I'm really looking forward to it and hoping I get addicted!

The gym I'm going to go to has lots of resistance machines (whatever they are!)
I was never sporty in my youth (or since) but always loved dancing.

I'm hoping to tone and increase muscle bulk. (as well as lose bingo wings etc) My muscles are badly de-conditoned from M.E.

Does the gym have classes...i found them a great way to get fit as u work with the class....i havent really gone since i had my 3rd...feel too heavy...but when i was there last time i was 14stones and where i couldnt keep up with the rest id do a lower version of the excercise (instructor would tell me what to do as id informed her i might not keep up with everyone!)

i do aqua aerobics 3 times a week, pilates once a week and the gym 2 times a week, i also swim lengths before the aquafit, some days though i have to push myself to go, but i do feel better once i have exercised

I'm not a gym goer, mainly due to working different shifts each day and week. I used to go to the gym and loved the classes but work commitments stop me doing them regularily.

I do though have 2 dogs and spend at least an hour a day walking them and in a couple of weeks time I'm going to start cycling to work again, its only 4 miles away but the exercise should let me see a more noticeable improvement.

What ever you do exercise will help and the buzz after it is addictive.

My husband and I joined a gym a while ago, with great trepidation and I have to confess we love it now :)

For me, like others here, one of the best things in my life now, that wasn't there before has to be moving!

I have been verious shades of fat all my life so didn’t develop body confidence or confidence in moving. I avoided gyms, games, dancing and sports and never really learned to move my body like ‘normal’ people do.

I’m trying to catch up a bit now. I walk wherever I can, take the stairs, dance, have joined a gym and am beginning to run a bit in secret!

Back