• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

who kept there op a secret or did you tell ? x

I had my op 9 weeks ago and only told one good friend who came and drove me home from the hosp, no-one else knows to this day. glad I did now as I haven't lost as much weight as I thought I would have by now and I really couldn't have been doing with people asking me why its so slow coming off..

Its totally personal choice - I told people on a 'need to know basis' and I have had 100% support and back up all the way. Hope its the same for you

I didn't tell many about my tummy tuck - only 3 close friends, my mum, sister and my children. But everyone is different and its how comfortable you feel about it all.

Hope everything goes well

i told everyone and there dog lol, ive had mixed reactions but over all good ones xxx

ive told everyone im getting banded i would rather tell people now than have to lie if they ask how ive lost so much(hopefully lol) weight but its definately a personal choice xxheather

Only my mum and hubby know, my kids are too young to explain it to and friends are not close enough
i dont want to tell my in laws but hubby is getting annoyed about it !
amazing why not tell people because everyones opinion who know nothing is - you cheat !
if only they knew x
its a personal choice isnt it x

Not had Op yet.

I only told my daughter & brother and planned to tell my mum (she a worry wart) day or 2 before op. I had to give in and tell her after I was seen at the hospital with my brother by 2 people she knew.

I didn't tell them why I was there, but knew if it had come up in conversation with my mum they would mention seeing me.

My mum said she doesn't want to talk about Op untill closer the time as she can't cope.

I'm debating whether to tell my best friend. I had my boobs done some years ago and was surprised when her aunt asked me about my boob Op. Though I didn't say it was a secret, she knows I'm a very private person.

Last edited:
Hubby, kids, and parents...thats ya lot!
Not told any of my friends cos they just wouldn't 'get it!'...maybe in the future, but not yet as they would expect to see it all fall off me in a week (I WISH!!!!) and i haven't the energy to keep explaining.
Maybe i'll have a party this time nxt year and tell everyone...My happy band-day party!?

xxx

i only told my husband and my mum as i needed her help to look after my daughter while hubby at work. im a private person and didnt fancy explaining myself or being judged. as the weight comes off and my sister comments (hopefully) i will tell her but thats it.

Hubby, kids, and parents...thats ya lot!
Not told any of my friends cos they just wouldn't 'get it!'...maybe in the future, but not yet as they would expect to see it all fall off me in a week (I WISH!!!!) and i haven't the energy to keep explaining.
Maybe i'll have a party this time nxt year and tell everyone...My happy band-day party!?

xxx
great idea for a party!!!!!!!!

I've just told close family members.. hubby, mum, dad, sister and brother-in-law and my cousin. I havent told anyone else as i think people could get jealous and *****y about it...then the gossiping would start etc....

Definitley a personal choice, I think so x

My Hubbie,kids my father-in-law, my friends
and my Big Bro (he had a bypass at WM)
all been told not to tell my parents.
won't tell my parents until a day or 2 before as above said bro had very hard time from our parents but he is very supportive to me :whip:
Most people have been fine but i was told last week (by a size 10)
"That we should be what God made us":rant2:

Oh i did find my sister got very jealous of me (don't know why, she's always been the slim attractive one). You just never know how people will react.

I will not be telling anyone other than my husband. I don't like being judged so it is easier for me to be silent about it.

Back