• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What did you tell people

I told my mum..........big mistake. She's told almost everyone!

Seems nothing is sacred lol

Would have liked to tell people when I was ready to but hey ho!

Xx

I decided not to tell anyone other than close family for all the reasons stated in this thread, and i used most of the ideas people have used or suggested to create a cover story, and so far its worked pretty well, but people still ask how i've done it and i now have trouble continually lying to them ! - you see when you start out lying you have to continue lying and one lie leads to another and another and it gets harder and harder to maintain or remember what you've told people ! and now i want to tell certain people i really cant because i know when i do they will be hurt thinking i didn't trust them enough in the first place........ its vicious circle of deciete that goes around and around !

So my advice would be to you, which ever way you decide to go think about it closely, remember those friends that really matter wont mind what you do, those that dont matter will mind or have an opinion !

PS Neighbours (in this case is easy to blagg) tell them you've cut down and taken up exercise, they will be non the wiser, the weight wont fall of over night, so you can blagg it !

I've not hidden it from anyone really. I'm still on the lead up to the op but all my collegues at work know what I'm doing and are very interested in how hospital appointments etc are going and I think will be very supportive when I get back to work after the op. I have been working there for 17 years and so most of them are aware of the struggles I've had with my weight over the years which I think probably helps. My family are all on the "tubby" side but i'm the biggest, they are all totally behind me so I guess I'm lucky in that respect.

At the end of the day I'm proud of myself for taking this HUGE step to improve my health and my life expectancy so if anyone wants to look down on me for doing this then they're not someone I really want to know!

:hijack:hiya just wanted to update on my last comment....my sister who had stopped talking to me is now talking to me, my husband got in touch with her and said how upset i was about it all and wanted to get it sorted out before my surgery and we chatted on the phone cried a little but sorted it out and we are no walking again and she has realised it is the best thing for me to have to aid my weight loss. Sorry to hijack the post xxx

Back