• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Who to tell?

I Only told my close Family and my best friend so my neighbours dont know or the other parents at the kids school the looks I am getting as if to say wow wheres te weight going have been brilliant

Hi there,

I had the same sort of doubts as you about who to tell and whether people would understand and in the end I decided only to tell my husband, Mum, Dad and brother. I know this may not be the choice of a lot of people but because i am having the band I feel that my weight loss may be slow and I dont want people looking at me all the time to see if I am loosing weight or to have to explain myself. I think who to tell is a really personal chioce and depends a bit on your personality, I am quite shy and private. I think I may tell people at a later date (like when I look like kate Moss).

Its so nice to read about everyone elses experiences on here though, it makes you realise you are not alone.

HI. Welcome to the site. I know what you mean about who to tell. My husband knows and i have discussed with my daughter who's 10 as i wanted her to know what i was planning. I told a friend at work who I trust and i text my Mum (she's on holiday) as didn't really want to talk to her about it...i don't plan on telling anyone else!

Hi there everyone- well I have told both son and daughter. Both were very upset in their own way. My daughter was in tears that it has come to this. Both will love and support me in my decision to go ahead with this. My daughter has asked me to run details past her before I make my final decision. She is keen for me to have op in NHS hospital and wants me to see three different surgeons initially.
Feeling good :)

I have only told my OH and my brother....other than that, I have told an internet friend who I have never met lol - strange who we tell isn't it. I don't really want anyone else to know yet.

Back