• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

why me again ?

I am going to be controversial now and say...have you never considered moving over to the bypass? There are no fills etc with the bypass.
Steph xx

I am going to be controversial now and say...have you never considered moving over to the bypass? There are no fills etc with the bypass.
Steph xx

I may be wrong but I believe Liz considered this when her first band developed a fault, but was talked out of it due to her low BMI at the time.

so sorry to hear you are having trouble AGAIN. hope they get you sorted SOON. go steady and try not to put too much weight on, as you havent any restriction you are going to need LOADS of will power, it was lovely of gillabean to send you some and Im sure everyone here can spare a bit too. best of luck

I'm sorry Liz, just wanted to send you my love and I hope very much this is dealt with soon for you x

Steph xx

i did breifly discuss it with the dietican the 1st time but they wont bypass people with a low bmi, i will discuss all my options next month once they have diagnosed the problem fully under xray it probably will be simple to repair this time x

oh for gods sake there is no way you are gonna be 3 bands liz
hope they get it sorted super quick xxx

the band its self will be fine she said it will be a port and cathetar problem x

Hiya hun as everyone else has said i hope this is sorted out for you soon big hugs and lots of will power coming your way :grouphugg::)

Blimey Liz what a bummer. but as usual you will get through this. is it possiableit was dislodged when you had yr latest surgery. good luck hun and keep yr eye on yr portions.
carole

So sorry to hear that Liz :(

Blimey Liz what a bummer. but as usual you will get through this. is it possiableit was dislodged when you had yr latest surgery. good luck hun and keep yr eye on yr portions.
carole

Hi Carole im also thinking the same thing as i had a fill before the plastics op to keep my bmi down as they are fussy about bmi's anyway i had my op dec 1st and thinking about it i was gradually able to eat more after that, my scar goes right up between my boobs very near my port and i also think the fill cathetar has been accidently knocked and weakened where the tube connects to the port, next month the xray fill will confirm this, i will keep an eye on portions and im back to having no restriction i need to keep positive and make sensible food choices while im waiting.

liz xx

Liz, I just wanted to know how long after you had your band fitted originally did it take to get the right restriction.
I have some but not enough as I can still eat quite a bit, I am hoping I have not eaten something and caused teh band to slip, I had an xray fill less than 2 weeks ago and everything was ok then.
I dont want to be impatient I just want to know that eventually I will get this band thing sorted x

Good luck with your band untill next month x

Hi FBN4E. I'm 8 months post op and have had 4 fills and I have still not got to the "sweet" spot. However, I can only eat a small proportion of what I use to eat and I have lost 3st 5lbs - slow I know but it's going. It's a steep learning curve with a band. Yes you feel hungry and yes you can eat too much particularly if you miss a meal and are really hungry. I have learnt that if I don't eat mash (my downfall) with dinner or at least eat it last and I eat my protein & veggies first I feel full quicker. Now this has taken a long time for my light bulb moment but I am hoping to have more of these!! So its early days yet for you and don't feel bad -you will get a handle on the band (so to speak). Wishing you lots of luck.

Thanks archies mum, Its really silly and stupid that I thought I would have teh badn and hey presto the weight drops off. I really need to work at it.
I have so far had a banana for breakfast (I usually miss breakfast) had this at 8am ish and am now starving at 10.30 so not sure what i do about that. mmm maybe a coffee (without a biscuit)
Thanks again xx and you have done fantastic xx

Back