• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

why me again ?

all banders are different with my 1st band i had restriction straight away as i had a in fil during the op and also i had a old fashioned 4 mil band, it can take others 4-5 fills before reaching the sweet spot then you have to work with it and learn to use the restriction correctly, it is hard at 1st to get used to.

Awwww Liz that really sucks, hope they get you sorted out pronto. Still your positive mental attitude will help carry you through this.

Liz I hope they get you sorted out as quick as possible as you have been a real insoiration to everyone here especially with hoiw you coped with the band problem, the second band and now this. Lets hope that it really is right this time.

M

if all else fails ive got some old red elastic bands from the postman, i'll do it for you hun xxx
seriously take it easy stay positive and watch your portions, you know what you have to do x

Hiya
As I only pop into this forum on the odd ocassion, Liz, I missed what plastic surgery you had on December 1st? Hope you dont mind me asking.

MNL:eek:

Hi Liz hows it going hun xxx

Hey Helen!! you should know by now our Liz does nowt in Halves:rotflmao: She will soon be known as "Triple Banded Liz" Bless her its a good job she has a fab sense of humour eh Liz! QUOTE=fatbutnot4eva;2159689]oh for gods sake there is no way you are gonna be 3 bands liz
hope they get it sorted super quick xxx[/QUOTE]

Hiya
As I only pop into this forum on the odd ocassion, Liz, I missed what plastic surgery you had on December 1st? Hope you dont mind me asking.

MNL:eek:

i had upper abdomnal plasty pics in 1 of me albums x

Hey Helen!! you should know by now our Liz does nowt in Halves:rotflmao: She will soon be known as "Triple Banded Liz" Bless her its a good job she has a fab sense of humour eh Liz! QUOTE=fatbutnot4eva;2159689]oh for gods sake there is no way you are gonna be 3 bands liz
hope they get it sorted super quick xxx
[/QUOTE]

my 2nd band is a modern one they said the band its self will be ok at the most it will be either reconecting it all back up or replacement port and tubing x

i had upper abdomnal plasty pics in 1 of me albums x
Liz, I looked in your album at the surgery pictures, and I was gobsmacked. You look amazing, they did a really nice job, I bet you felt having that skin removed eh? I really want to have my stomach done eventually,when I reach my goal and your living proof of how good it can look. I cant wait to look that good. Can I ask, why do you have a scar going from the belly button up to the ribs? I thought that when they did a tummy tuck, they cut from hip to hip? My friend had it done on the NHS, and hers was not due to weight loss, like ours, she had the smallest roll going, but the "psychological" impact of that is what got her the surgery.
Did you have yours NHS or private? What was the recovery period? How long did you have off of work. My friend at work was out about 5-6 weeks I think, it was 3 years ago, so cant quite remember. She has not taken advantage of it though and has gained a bit of weight lately. Did you have your underlying stomach muscles tightend also? How do they deal with your port and tubing during this surgery? Did you have to be deflated before surgery? sorry about all the questions, but I really want to have this done also.
regards
MNL:)

hope your ok liz , and get it sorted quickly x

You are getting really greedy with these bands Liz and I know North East Hospital food is not that good!
Try not to be too disheartened, hopefully next time it will be sorted. We are all behind you - Paul x

Liz, I looked in your album at the surgery pictures, and I was gobsmacked. You look amazing, they did a really nice job, I bet you felt having that skin removed eh? I really want to have my stomach done eventually,when I reach my goal and your living proof of how good it can look. I cant wait to look that good. Can I ask, why do you have a scar going from the belly button up to the ribs?
this scar is the new scar the surgery i had last december it was a correctional op from the fluer de lys tuck and also to help with the skin that used to be the spare tyre in the middle lol.
I thought that when they did a tummy tuck, they cut from hip to hip? My friend had it done on the NHS, and hers was not due to weight loss, like ours, she had the smallest roll going, but the "psychological" impact of that is what got her the surgery.

my original t/tuck wasnt a standard one its called a fluer de lys tuck its more painfull but the results are better once all healed up.
Did you have yours NHS or private?
i was Nhs plastics as its part of the follow up here on our nhs system so im very lucky as not al areas fund these proceedures.
What was the recovery period?
with the original op recovery was approx 3 months it was very painfull and the T shape at the bottom of the scar kept opening due to infection.
How long did you have off of work. My friend at work was out about 5-6 weeks I think, it was 3 years ago, so cant quite remember. She has not taken advantage of it though and has gained a bit of weight lately. Did you have your underlying stomach muscles tightend also?
the original tuck they did mess with my muscles a little i think thats why it was so painfull.
How do they deal with your port and tubing during this surgery?
my 1st plastics op didnt effect my band, but my bands not working right now as this new scar goes righ up to the port in my chest and we think they knocked the tubing away from the port hence the fills failing again.
Did you have to be deflated before surgery? sorry about all the questions, but I really want to have this done also.

some plastic surgeons empty the band, mine wasnt emptied either time.
regards

i hope my answers help xxxx

You are getting really greedy with these bands Liz and I know North East Hospital food is not that good!
Try not to be too disheartened, hopefully next time it will be sorted. We are all behind you - Paul x

thanks Paul i appreciate it, did you look into the dog track for me ? i catch u on msn ?

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, the information was very helpful, and I appreciate it.
If I get around to having my tummy done, I will post pictures. My friend had hers done NHS and they did a fantastic job initially, but she has not taken the advantage of it that I would have, she has sort of let herself go. The pictures that you had taken after the surgery (but still in the hospital) look great, you can really see a difference so shortly after surgery. Good luck with the recovery, and hope that everything goes well with getting your band sorted out.

thanks MNL im glad my answers have helped i shall keep everyone updated with what happens in the next chapter of my weight loss journey lol x

Hi Liz great pics, did you have your boobs done as well or was it just your tummy they did?;)

Hi Liz great pics, did you have your boobs done as well or was it just your tummy they did?;)

Hi Shaz i havent had my boobs done but i might ask when they sort this blooming broken band out again, they do fund boobs in this area but i will have to push for it if i decide i want that in the future :)

Back