• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wish list !Read for that bit of motivation!!

Love it -
To be able to put socks on without cutting my breath off.
To be able to buy bras in standard shops, I don't have big boobs just huge back grrr.
To get off the sofa without rocking back & forward.
To be able to walk & talk at the same time.
To pick an outfit out of my wardrobe 1st time, knowing it will fit :)
To not let food rule my life.
To enjoy my beautiful boys instead of feeling tired all the time.
Xx

Mandy you made me laugh so much reading this. My dog thinks I have gone bonkers. It's your description of getting out of the couch really, it describes me to a T and isnt it embarrasing the way you have to contort yourself to get out of those kinds of seat too low situations.
Lynne xx

wizzbang said:
Mandy you made me laugh so much reading this. My dog thinks I have gone bonkers. It's your description of getting out of the couch really, it describes me to a T and isnt it embarrasing the way you have to contort yourself to get out of those kinds of seat too low situations.
Lynne xx

Defiantly Lynne the more I think about the negatives of being big don't know why I didn't do it years ago lol
Xx

I want to:
  • stop taking metformin and suffering the side-affects.
  • stop buying oversized, overpriced clothes that don't really do much for me.
  • be able to go outside the house without fear of being stared at, sniggered about or feel like a freak.
  • go to the shops with pleasure, rather than with dread (food and clothes).
  • stop breaking chairs - wheeled chairs, wooden chairs, metal chairs - any chairs in fact; and my sofas - they have both cracked in the middle.
  • to be able to do more around the house - diy/decorating - and garden.
  • to be more active without being in pain.
  • to be more intimiate with OH without being in pain.
  • to be able to bend and pick something off the floor
  • to be able to tie my own shoe laces, without my hips feeling they are going to pop out.
  • to cross my legs, rather than my kancles.
  • to be able to get up without having something to hold onto - eg table, arm of chair, etc
  • to run up the stairs without dragging myself up by the bannister.
  • to skip down the steps without holding onto the bannister.
In general, to feel better, look better, love better and live better!

ooh i like this thread:

to not have to justify the weight to ppl ...i feel i need to tell everyone im a failure before they say it to me
to abuse husbands credit card on fancy shoes and clothes in stead of spending money just on the kids!!
to enjoy food and not feel guilty eating it and depressed afterwards
to 'fit in'
so i can keep up with the kids instead of saying, mummy's to fat to play football with u.

well i would like to be able to go places and look round and not be the largest person there.......
take part in the 5k walk/run for cancer ................doing this 9th july......i hope lol
and to renew my wedding vows smaller than a size 18 in a dress i can buy in a bridal shop and one i love x

Years ago we went to the Island of Capri, we had a look in Prada and they had a beautiful bag for £1500, my hubby jokingly said that if I got down to a size 16 we could come back and buy it (we both believed it would be a non starter). Anyway the other day we were chatting to friends and my weightloss came up, and he mentioned that he was going to have to start saving, I can't believe that he'd remember after all those years! Bless him, I think he's getting worried lol.

Thought I'd bump this thread up for all the newbies to read/add to xx

Size 16 with a prada bag?...woman u r gonna be scorching hot sexy lady! whilst ur back abroad doing designer shopping (as u do) pick up some stuff for ur good friend magicbeans ;)

Mine are:

To shop in River Island, Next etc & look 40 & not 60. When I shop in Evans & pick something up I always think "would my nan wear that".

To go on a plane and not turn the tv station over with my thighs & worry about the tray not going over my belly.

To buy a takeaway instead of sending husband in as I am worried what people think.

To wear a strappy top.

To not worry when sat in a plastic chair that it will collapse.

When wearing a skirt on a hot day,not to have to wear chub rub to stop the top of my legs chaffing.

To wear nice heeled shoes and not look like a pig on stilts and walk like a trannie!!

^^^

absolutely LOVE that! so so can relate to so much of that!!

Can so relate to much of what has been posted. I am going away for a "girlie" (I use the term very loosely!!) holiday in a couple of weeks and for the first time in years I'm not worried about fitting into the seats or needing a belt extension. Still have a 3 or four stones to go but have bought some dresses to take with me (not worn a dress for 15 years or more!!). Looking forward to:-

Matching undies that don't look industrial
High heeled shoes (not at the same time - but who knows!!).

""""To wear nice heeled shoes and not look like a pig on stilts and walk like a trannie!! """""

How hilarious is that lol, thats just how I feel if I get dressed up with makeup and heels lol. You just made my day. And why is it that when the 'larger lady' wears high heels it makes your bum shelf more prominent?
Lynne xx

So pleased that I found this thread as I can relate to so many of the posts. I have have a massive wish list but today I went shopping and saw some great shoes. I absolutely love heels and are loving all the platform shoes in the shops at the moment but because my feet are swollen I have to take a larger size and in all honesty when I have managed to squeeze my feet into a pair...they look bread baking (not a good look...lol!)

To fit in those stupid plastic armed chairs the have at the spectators area in the swimming pools without feeling the pinch grrrr :)
X

One simple thing I would like is to be able to wear a dress and feel comfortable in myself.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

My wish list is endless! The major ones for me though are:
  • To get to a size 12/14 (something i dont ever remember being, i was in a size 18 when i was at secondary school)
  • To start horse riding again (i sold my horse and never bought another cos i thought id be committing animal cruelty by riding!)
  • To have the kids i work with really have to think about insults to throw at me rather than throwing out the usual easy 'fat jibes' i get now
  • For my partner to start showing an interest in me again
H x

Back