• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

worried

masher

hi peeps
am grateful to all for feedback and what ppl r going through etc but after a lot of reading am alittle worried re post op , dont get me wrong i know things will not be easy at all but on reading comments cant top thinking how much pain ppl r in and how low ome ppl r , only got 2 weeks off and then exspected to go bck to wrk doing 10 hour days & from sounds of things that might be hard ??
sorry to go on just the unknown i guess :sigh:

Personally I was only in pain for the first two days and that was down to the gas they pumped into me, once that had gone I felt fine. Why have you only got 2 weeks off though? The hospital will give you 2 weeks but then after that you can get your GP to sign you off. I wouldn't go back after 2 weeks, that seems far too soon to me.

H xx

The only real pain i had was from the migrain i had from the anesthetic, the rest was really just discomfort - and the wind pain - the main thing for me after was the tiredness == i had 5 weeks off in the end, but was ready to go back after 4 - what job do you do?

Why only 2 weeks though? Are you taking annual leave or something? Get a sicknote from your doctor and give yourself longer to heal/up your energy levels, that's my advice anyways :)

H xx

I have told my boss I will be off 4-6 weeks providing I have no post op complications, thought it would be best for them to plan for longer, just in case. It's funny how we all differ from what we read, my impression is that there are far more people who have very little pain post op...must depend on the threads you read. Surely nothing can be as painful as being fat?!

am only an estate agent , but on the go all day , 10 years no food etc not gonna be easy

Just get a sick certificate from the dr, 2 weeks is not enough ( in my opinion) my surgeon said it would be enough - but for me it wasnt, still needed afternoon naps, and you wont be eating properly that quickly so you wont have the energy, you will still be healing - why are you just off for the 2?

to be honet i have to take it as holiday cant afford to take unpaid and ssp isnt near enough ... got a wedding to pay 4 ;-) and kids to feed

I'm an NCT antenatal teacher and can dictate my own hours. I gave myself six weeks (almost) off and I was good and ready to start teaching a course last Sunday. I could have possibly done one after four weeks, absolutely no sooner.

I had zero pain from the bypass but a fair bit of pain in my shoulders from the oxygen the first 3 days were the worst then it slowly wore off. I work part time in a primary school and had 2 wks off work thats all i needed xx

everyone is different and if you have no problems at all after op then i would still say 2 weeks isn't enough, at first you feel euphoric but your body soon tells you it needs rest and if i was a potential customer i wouldn't be happy with someone showing me round a house that seems too tired to be bothered (because they won't know what you've had done)i suppose some people push themselves but truthfully how many really feel as good as they say they do after just two weeks :)

I can only take two weeks off as well. I have to take holiday and can't afford to be off work more than that anyway, I have too much on. I had four days off for my band and that was fine.

This is my biggest worry too. I can only take 2 weeks off, at the most. I am self employed, so cant really take any more off for financial reasons, but more importantly, if i take more than 2 weeks, i wont be able to fit all my clients in and catch up (after my Xmas break, i did 40 clients over 2 days to catch up, back breaking and very tiring)! I am a chiropodist, and any time i have off has to be caught up. Otherwise clients will find someone else. Nails dont stop growing, and when you're in pain from corns etc, you need attending to.

My only option in a locum, which i cant really afford, :sigh::sigh::sigh:

Masher, The best thing for you - is to see how it goes, but you need to ensure you eat and drink enough to keep going, maybe you could negotiate a rest pattern or part time till you are fully fit - or even leave early for your appntments and rest for 10 mins in your car before you start?

it is such an individual thing, that in reality only you will know how well you are - but you really must listen to your body or you could get hernias on your wound sites if you do too much too soon.

D x

Back