• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wow Dietician app done!!!

fatfree81

Wants to be fat free!!!
Newbie...

Hi everyone.. Just joined due to just having my first bariatric session and have decided to go forward with hopefully being able to have gastric bypass...
Would love to hear all the pro's and cons you's have found on your journey..

:):)

Hi Fatfree welcome to the forum you will find alot of information within its pages good and bad funny and sad :) someone from bypass will answer soon :) xx

Day one of the new fat free me....

Hi all,
After much deciding I have decided to defo push for gastric bypass.. I know in the end it my medical team that decide but bypass has my vote...
So I know it won't be till November ish but today is day 1 for me on my road to being healthy and fat free..lol

So today I have started a high protein- low carb life.. So I want to start training myself for my life after op..
This morning I had my coffee as cannot function with out it (but might replace this coffee protein drink) but where I would gulp it in 1 minute, I drank it with a teaspoon and it took me 25 minutes and I could only stomach half.. Wow I was soooooo shocked!!!!

Waited 30 mins then had 1 scrambled egg and 1 slice of bacon and 2 slices of tomatoes with pinch of shredded lettuce cut into small pieces which took me best part of 40 mins to chew..I am so in shock as I am normally doing slimming world which is based on eat bulk with no fat and my plate is normally 3 times the size and with all the chewing I did on my small plate, I can't believe how full I actually feel... How long I will feel full is still not known..lol

So going to keep myself busy as I am preparing myself for my carb withdrawals.. Headache, being snappy, feeling weak.. I have apologised to the family up front for my behaviour later.. He he he..

So that's the morning done in my day 1 start... Let the strength and focus stay with me xxx

Thank you.. Just gonna keep busy plus hopefully with have appointment after appointment so will have little goals to aim for.. So lovely to see everyone journeys on here as it really gives hope to everything xxx

hello and enjoy the site its brilliant!

Hi and welcome to a fab friendly site :) i cant answer your question ...... i had a band but there are plenty of by passers around :) check out the bypass section read the diary's and info threads ........... i wish you all the very best and welcome again x x x

Welcome and all the best with your weight loss journey...This is a fab forum... you will learn so much...x

HI my name is Chris I had my bypass done almost 3 years ago on 20th August 2011 in Sunderland General Hospital North east. I have a realtively good journey the op is no where near as bad as I thought it would be I got over it quite quickly. I went back to work within 3 weeks but no heavy lifting and it was tiring. I think it is a n a mazing journey and its great when the weight starts falling off, but beware what clothing fits you 1 dya doesnt' fit you the next you can drop sizes so quickly, just buy cheap, use charity shop sometimes your local meeting place will offer support with things like that as people bring bags of stuff to give away or swap. Or if you can sew using a machine only buy stuff that can be easily taken in. Do as much research as possible, the head suffers more than the body, you may have lost a lot of weight but the head still sees and thinks fat. Very strange you may think but a good example is when you have to go between 2 objects say a car and a wall you think you will net get through the gap but hey you go through broad side on where as once you would have struggled on the side. Good luck with the journey can be a bumpy one for some, just do ya research and be prepared we are all different and each hospital has different guidelines. xx

Morning all...

Morning every one...
I just seen surgeon this week and he recommends bypass due to chromosome deletion and has told me that the success rate in people with extreme eating with chromosome disorders is very high so feeling so positive..

Was weighed at appointment and have lost 3 kilos in one week as I am trying to live life as post op and seems to be working..

At appointment was told that couldn't see anaesthetic till sept so op was looking end of nov...He said he was really happy with my progress and commitment especially as hospital is 2 hour drive each way for a 25 min appointment.. But it's nothing as need this to help me change my life..

But to my surprise and excitement I just got a letter in the post with urgent wrote on it.. So opened it quite frantically and it's a appointment for the anaesthetic on 7th august...HOORAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

So I am one happy ladyyyyyyy....
Feeling very real now and cannot wait to start living life and not just existing in life...

Hope you are all doing well on your journeys and enjoying all the rewards of being healthly...

Thanks for reading...
Luv from fat free xxxx
:):):):):):):):)

That is great news - I had my bypass on Thursday and it seems straightforward so far.

wishing you good luck with yours,

cd
x

Wow, what positive news.

So thrilled for you x

Oh, that's excellent news!
You sound like you're going into it with the right attitude, anyways. Congrats and good luck. Hope you get a date for it in the not-too-far future!

Had my 1st Dietician app today.. All good gave me info about pre op diet..
Happy with what I have been doing as lost 10 kilos since may..
Doesn't need to see me again till after op as she says I am being sensible and in control.. So anaesthetis on 7th august... And doc for meds as diabetic to reduce drugs on pre op diet..
Ahhhhhh so happening... Soooooooo excited.....
So ready to break out of this prison of a heavy body and start living!!!!!! Woooooo hoooooo
Xxx lolxxxx

yay!!
keep going, it wont be long now :)

Had my 1st Dietician app today.. All good gave me info about pre op diet.. Happy with what I have been doing as lost 10 kilos since may.. Doesn't need to see me again till after op as she says I am being sensible and in control.. So anaesthetis on 7th august... And doc for meds as diabetic to reduce drugs on pre op diet.. Ahhhhhh so happening... Soooooooo excited..... So ready to break out of this prison of a heavy body and start living!!!!!! Woooooo hoooooo Xxx lolxxxx

Yeah!!! Well done, sounds like it's all falling into place!! Good luck xx

Back