• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wrap with BBC. Has anybody had it done there?

toxingirl

angee said:
Which hotel did you stay in. I bet you can't wait. Must be anxious.

I stayed in the Extol in a single room. The mattress was so thin it was like sleeping on board!! So so uncomfortable.

Niki315

Hi everyone, i am new to site, not even sure how it works. Have just posted a introduce me thread but again not sue if i have done this correctly! I am booked in with bodies beautiful in 2 weeks for wrap but in Brno. Look forward to reading your posts and will take any advice (on how to use this site) and experiances. Nx

suzie290304

Hi and welcome :) their is a few people who have just had a wrap I'm
Sure they will be along soon :) I had my sleeve 4 th jan and couldn't be happier any questions just ask x x x

angee

Hello and welcome I am sure you will find your way around the site soon enough. I am having the wrap with bodies beautiful in Prague 7 clinic on 13th feb. There are a few wrappers on here now and all very helpful. Some are pre and some post op. Just put gastric wrap into the search and you should find all their posts.

shana

Welcome Niki, i had my wrap just over two weeks ago and 2 other ladies did too around the same time so if u have any questions just ask and we will help as best we can :)

Niki315

Thanks all, just spent ages reading yoyo's delite, very enlightening but not put off what so ever. Shana what did bbc say about stitches and have u had to have them removed? Well off to bed feel so exhausted with all the thinking and planning but look forward to checking on here tomorrow. Night night nx

angee

BBC told me stitches.would dissolve but polly who went to the same clinic I am going to had hers taken out. Yoyo says they would dissolve in time but better to have them out. I do not know how to go about that so once again asking for help. You get to learn more on here as they answer questions you would never have thought of.

Niki315

Thanks Angee, suppose will just to have to wait and see. I hope this 2 weeks goes quickly. Going to go and get some new Pj's and that over the weekend. Although still not quite sure how much to take! Any Suggestions Nx

angee

I am taking 2 nighties/pjs a loose lightweight dressing gown slippers toiletries towel underwear Wearing as many warm clothes as possible and a change of loose clothing to come home. Something to keep occupied with like reading DVDs or suchlike I am cutting right back to take my laptop and mindful I have to lug luggage around airport etc. BBC are quite insensitive in their support I am afraid

Niki315

I have just commented on Pollys thread. Really concerned that this is going to work! Have you been speaking with Nick? I thought he had been quite helpful, does that all change after OP? Nx

shana

I have dissolvable stitches and didnt have them removed, my gp checked them and said no need but they still havent dissolved yet as said earlier by clare they take ages. Mine are healing nicely so not worried.

shana

Clare and polly were u told that u can have the same in grams as in ml? I was told no its not and to always stick to ml but not sure how i can do this with solids?

NOMOREyoyo

will YOYO no more!!
Clare and polly were u told that u can have the same in grams as in ml? I was told no its not and to always stick to ml but not sure how i can do this with solids?

I just use a yogurt pot as a size-o-meter but seriously only manage 8-10tspns max which is all about the same amount hun, better to do less and more often xx

angee

I am quite happy today. I think that the majority of people are doing well on this wrap so there is no reason why we shouldn't. Just have blips of paranoia during the wait that is all and I am sure I will have a big blip if I see a lb go on afterwards. Poor polly must have been devastated but another learning curve for us I think. I am going to start my diet today and then liquids only 2 days prior to 12th feb then of course nothing until the next day. THEN RESULT either way.

angee

Just to say I have just heard from a friend in Australia who had a gastric sleeve in august 2011. She had little/no problem getting the op funded by her health insurance. Has gone from size 22 to size 14 so is delighted. Says she takes the same vitamins a pregnant woman would take and will have a blood test every six months to check all is well. Hopefully opinions will change for the better here in the UK and people will get that sort of treatment here soon.

Niki315

Good to hear you r ok angee! you are not the only one with paranoia, i have it too! felt a bit uneasy this morning, but better after some research on google today! my main concern is my doctors don't even know i am doing this as they are so uncaring, but will they help me afterwards if i have any problems? Nx