• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

wrinkles and weight loss !!!

not got any experiences yet but people do look at me gobsmacked when i say im 39 :rolleyes:

Had to giggle at the thread title as it made me think of Liz's tesco carrier bags again. If ye roll all the wrinkly skin up you can shove it in the carrier bag with the,erm, other bits lol:p

yup ive got wrinkly boobs after the weight loss they need sorted out, my face is fine and hasnt gone wrinkly, people say i look younger now than before when my face was chubby.

Judge for yourself.... ;):D:)

This is me pre op and at my heaviest

P010308_2036.jpg

This is me, taken 2 days ago, 10 months after my WLS....

HPIM2819.jpg

I am 40 in November....:D

HI, I'M THE SAME AGE AS YOU, SO I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! OUR SKIN HAS LOST/LOOSING IT'S ELASTIC, AND AS I HAVE SAID ALL ALONG I WILL NOT HAVE SKIN SURGERY (TO OLD TO BE SLICED AND DICED).
I DONT WANT TO BE A SIZE 12 AND I DONT WANT TO WEAR A BIKINI (THAT SHIP SAILED FOR ME 20 YEARS AGO:cry:), I HAVE BEEN TOLD TO INVEST IN GOOD UNDERWEAR.
BECAUSE OF THIS THE HOSPITAL HAVE SAID THAT THE SLEEVE WOULD BE THE BEST OPP FOR ME, AND THE MORE I FIND OUT ABOUT IT THE BETTER IT SEEMS.
MIGHT BE WORTH LOOKING INTO!!

Caz, i just wanted to say that you look absolutly amazing and about 20 years yournger - at the very least!!!

Well not to sure about wrinkly skin.....But I do know that Caz look's absolutely fab - At least 20 year's younger!:party0011:

I was out the other week and was asked how old I was they thought I was 32 wow I thought the weight loss has made me look younger Im 42 going on 24 lol

Caz u def look 20 yrs younger and fab. The past 2 yrs my face has gained weight and got bigger for the first time ever and peeps always say i have good skin and no wrinkles although i am 41 but then quite a few of them have gone on to say but when u lose weight u will look older as its the fat stopping u having wrinkles, i then turn round and say its a whole load of crap, i dont have wrinkles as i dont drink and dont smoke so my skin has aged well, my face will get smaller but they cant change their wrinkles without surgery and i think thats why they make that comment.

HI, I'M THE SAME AGE AS YOU, SO I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! OUR SKIN HAS LOST/LOOSING IT'S ELASTIC, AND AS I HAVE SAID ALL ALONG I WILL NOT HAVE SKIN SURGERY (TO OLD TO BE SLICED AND DICED).
I DONT WANT TO BE A SIZE 12 AND I DONT WANT TO WEAR A BIKINI (THAT SHIP SAILED FOR ME 20 YEARS AGO:cry:), I HAVE BEEN TOLD TO INVEST IN GOOD UNDERWEAR.
BECAUSE OF THIS THE HOSPITAL HAVE SAID THAT THE SLEEVE WOULD BE THE BEST OPP FOR ME, AND THE MORE I FIND OUT ABOUT IT THE BETTER IT SEEMS.
MIGHT BE WORTH LOOKING INTO!!
I thought you only had a sleeve to get you to to loose weight before bypass x

i thought you only had a sleeve to get you to to loose weight before bypass x

no, it can be but not always, they offered me it because i dont want to loose to much weight because of the saggy skin,theres not much elastic left now so in a year from now there will be even less ( you must know HOW fast this can happen). I realy am doing this to be healthy. Talk to your clinic and ask them what they think, just keep an open mind.
Good luck sue

You'll be fine. You're gonna live longer by having this wls so eventually (even if you get wrinkles) you'll catch up with your face!

Chillax and good luck xx

I do look older now I've lost a stone or two, I have wrinkley wrinkles :D but looking my age (I am 47 for chuffs sake hardly a spring Chicken) is one thing, feeling thirty years older was another.

I feel reborn and a few yards of excess skin is a small price to pay.

Angelpie you are a fine looking woman now, you will look and feel even better soon. Worry not baby

not had my op yet but as im 60 if i get wrinkly skin on my face ill have to borrow a tesco bag off liz and hang the handles off my ears to carry it all round in lol ,caz you look amazing the before photo could be your mother lol and karlos if that was you at the suport group meeting at salford royal on the 7th you look amazing too i couldnt beleve youd lost so much if you look older now you must have looked very young before . if it wasnt you well ther was this blokeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ..................kath

I was there but I thought I kept a fairly low profile lol

Back