• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

"wrong kind of shrink" times body and soul 12.7.08

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair Mike, Livvy has always supported us WLS-ers 100% just as we have supported her when she had her op. Whereas Floella just seems to want to scaremonger and stop people from having the op.

I believe as you say this forum is for support so why is it being allowed to continue?

Hi Floella........

I am sorry but i have to say this, whilst i appreciate you origanlly came on for support regarding your sister...... I am finding you negativity rather awkward......... the majority of people who are on this are either going threw surgery or just had surgery, i myself have had surgery 8 weeks ago and whilst i have had complications and still have them, i researched this procedure before i went for it......I am no finding your negativity rather offensive, and off putting, I agree whole hartedly with Thailina that there isnt enough after care support given, which is why we all come on to these sites........ so that we get that support from one and other.........

I fully support Livvybug aswell......she is correct in what she is saying......... at the end of the day, you chose your surgery and we chose ours, no matter what surgery you have there is a risk....... whilst yours was cosmetic the majority of us on here have this procedure either medically or because we have tried everytihn gelse and failed.........

I too am rather large on top, and suffer similar problems to you, but I personally and this is a personal point would not consider that surgery, as having those problems aren't life threatening as being overweight........

I think your sister now needs your support, and would liek to say thank you for all your comments you have added...

Thank you

OK. That's me done then. I hate having to say this again, but don't you girls listen, or do you only hear what you want to hear? :confused:My sister (and many other people) do NOT have this surgery because their life is in danger. My sister has NO health problems whatsoever, which I have said time & time again. Who on here can honestly say "I MUST have this surgery or I will die"?

Someone was asking for advice about breast reductions and I answered in what I thought was a helpful way. I could have kept quiet about that and then there would have been no comparisons made but I was honest.

I am most certainly NOT a negative person and I will continue to support my sister!

Hi Floella

Just to add my input as you can see I am now 2 days away from my surgery and I have not gone into this lightly. I have fully investigated all aspects of this and having had weight issues since a child this has been life long. I have tried every diet going and contrary to a lot of people believe I do not and have never sat her gorging on pies, pastries, chocolate etc.

This is the only way for me now to lead a healthier life style. I appreciate your comments but whatever operation we have its a risk as is driving down a motorway or crossing a road.

The hospital that me and Shel are having our operations offer a 2 year care plan after the operation and of course we will always have our GP's as well as our friends on here. We all ask questions to get different opinions on things not necessarily that we don't know or haven't been told.

I wish your sister all the luck in the world in losing her excess weight and keeping it off

I don't mean to be offensive but as your sister has decided not to go down the Surgical Weight Loss route perhaps now is the time for you to withdraw from the Surgical Weight Loss Forum and post in the other areas that are available on Minimins.

Nic

Who on here can honestly say "I MUST have this surgery or I will die"?

Me actually.

But then seen as you know nothing about me (or any of the others on here) and so couldn't possible assume we are all fit and healthy (unless you're being presumptious?).

I can honestly say that without this my life expectancy is extremely shortened, and this is THE ONLY way to extend that. It may also return some of my lost mobility and lessen some of my CHRONIC pain.

I am an educated intelligent person and I have of course researched all options THOROUGHLY before making my decision.

To have someone harping on about the negatives and risks AFTER I have made that decision is neither helpful or constructive.

I personally have found your posts on this section of the forum borderline offensive and extremely unwarranted. That includes a post made on my thread which at the time I bit my lip and ignored.

I agree whole-heartedly with Nic, your sister has chosen not to have the surgery so is this the appropriate part of the forum to be using?

This thread is now being closed as the discussion is becoming personal and unconstructive.

Please remember (as Mike has already pointed out), opinions and debate are good, but the ethos of this site is support

thankyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back