• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

YES!!! Progress at last!!!!!

Hi Vicky lovely to hear from you, good luck for friday and dont worry I find the hospitals, doctors etc are so nice during this process its just the PCT that appear to be a bit heartless in some cases....look forward to hearing how you got on..xx

So sorry to hear that you have had so much stress lately, very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother-in-law. (((Hugs)))

Don't worry about your appointment, just be honest and explain your weight loss struggles. They are really there for you after all. CG is right, the docs and such are trained to help you but the PCT are not. Wishing you the best of luck and make sure you make some notes before hand so you don't forget to tell them any important details or ask any questions you might have.

Keep us posted;)

woo hooo!
I went to the appointment with the dietician today at the hospital & she said a gastric bypass would be the best for me & that the meeting for funding would be before xmas & she will ring me as soon as the meeting finishes, so I will know before the festivities begin PHEW!!! .... I was shocked as I have put 3 stone on since May & 11lb on since September!!!
She thinks the surgeon will request sleep apnea (not sure how it's spelt lol) tests for my own safety during surgery but told me not to worry as that will only put me back about 6 weeks (I've waited this long so 6 wk won't make much difference will it?) I am wondering what that entails now lol - do any of you lovelies have any idea?? any info would be so much appreciated....
Keep warm
Love n big hugs
Vicky
xxxxxxxxxxxx

She thinks the surgeon will request sleep apnea (not sure how it's spelt lol) tests for my own safety during surgery,

I am wondering what that entails now lol - do any of you lovelies have any idea?? any info would be so much appreciated....

My sleep test was very simple. I was given an appointment at the clinic, I was fitted with a breathing monitor, shown how to put it on (it was a small box that strapped onto my chest). It had a finger leed to measure blood oxygen and a nose tube coming out of it. I took the thing home, put it on at bedtime and then returned it to the clinic the next day for them to read the results. It was very simple like I said but it was a bit weird/annoying to sleep with. Don't worry it will be nothing really.

HTH
Nic:p

Awwww thanks Nic!!
It sounded so daunting lol but now you've said this I'm not as worried & you have put my mind at rest :) I am just hoping my dr has one otherwise will have to have it done in hospital eeeeeeks!

Linda will you email me hun & let me know how you're doing

luv n hugs
Vicky
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Vicki,

That's wonderful. Did you see Mary? She's ace, and she WILL call as soon as she has an answer on funding. SHe's great like that.
It wasn't long after i got funding that i got an appointment with Mr Pollard, so i'm guessing you'll get that through in January, then more than likely the surgery end of Jan, or in February, depending on the sleep test.

I was suppose to see Mary on the 1st Dec, but i couldn't make it to the appointment. I have an appointment with Mr Pollard Monday week, the 22nd, and i can't wait. I've lost nearly 4 stone!!! It sounds like a lot, but i still have so far to go, but i know i'll get there, and so will you hun.

I'm always here if you fancy a coffee. I've moved to Kirkstall, but am happy to drive out your way. Bet you can't believe it's all steam ahead now.

xx

Hey Vicki,

That's wonderful. Did you see Mary? She's ace, and she WILL call as soon as she has an answer on funding. SHe's great like that.
It wasn't long after i got funding that i got an appointment with Mr Pollard, so i'm guessing you'll get that through in January, then more than likely the surgery end of Jan, or in February, depending on the sleep test.

I was suppose to see Mary on the 1st Dec, but i couldn't make it to the appointment. I have an appointment with Mr Pollard Monday week, the 22nd, and i can't wait. I've lost nearly 4 stone!!! It sounds like a lot, but i still have so far to go, but i know i'll get there, and so will you hun.

I'm always here if you fancy a coffee. I've moved to Kirkstall, but am happy to drive out your way. Bet you can't believe it's all steam ahead now.

xx

OOOH MY GAWD!!! Hun that's LOADS!!!! I can't believe it!! it was only 2 mins since you had the op!! are u feeling tons better?? I am in shock here ROFL!!

Yes it was Mary I saw she was ever so nice, do you think I can really believe something is happening now? lol
It would be fantastic to see you! I will email you with my phone number & whenever you fancy calling in or are passing just ring me yeah!!!
I hope the move went well & you are much more happier with everything now.. I honestly can't believe it!!! IT'S ACE!!! lol
Love n hugs
Vicky
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya,

Sounds great, i'll pop in one day, probably a thursday when i don't have the little monster with me.

I'm actually starting to feel good about the weight loss, i have a goal for xmas, and i'm so excited about the new clothes i'm going to be able to buy.

You and me will have to go shopping when we're skinny mini's. xxx

Sounds fab!!!
You are more than welcome to bring the little one with you hun anytime (don't forget I have 5 kids & 5 grandchildren lol so am well used to them)
OOOOOH yes shopping for skinny clothes (it will be like a dream come true LOL)
will email you my number now
love ya!
Vicky
xxxxxxxxxxx

Back