• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

YES!!! Progress at last!!!!!

oooh eerrrrr thanks all!!

Blood & wee wee lol feel sorry for the poor peeps having to deal with all that!! lol

I have had to take my pretty tracker off as have had that appointment now rofl n want a new one!!! eeeeks
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Vicky, they checking for potassiun levels (which regulates your heartbeat), blood sugars, cholestral, kidney function (which can be reduced if you diabetic), and all other nutrient levels as well as your blood group should you need extra blood after surgery. Sounds alot all pretty routine nothing to worry about. God reading this sounds like i am a nurse. I' not i just ask lots of questions when thye saying they gonna do something to me. good luck x

That's great! thanks all!! I like to know what's going on & always forget to ask!!
Well... I have had my blood taken this morning so that's all done & dusted now - another bridge climbed & back to waiting again now lol ...
I hope you are all well
love & hugs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello everyone!!
I am so sorry I haven't posted for a while but have been SO poorly :(

I have also been preparing for my quit smoking day... which was today!! - I have gone 18.5 hours now without so much as a look at a cigarette so am so proud of myself as I smoked really heavily for 30 years & even more so recently (up to 50 a day) .. I know it's terrible isn't it!! I depended so heavily on them, they were like my best friend & my crutch but weight management told me the surgeon wouldn't do an op if I remained smoking, so I have a HUGE incentive now, if they are good enough to operate on me then the least I can do is stop!
oooh wish me luck won't you all???

My blood test results came back the other day & everything was fine apart from my cholesterol which was 7.10 whatever that means (I know it's really high but nothing else yikes - I hope it will help cement getting an op if nothing else)

I hope you are all well!!
Love n hugs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Well done you x x

well done on taking the huge step to stop smoking. it's so hard to stop god knows i've tried so many times. You have one huge incentive though if it means getting your op. keep up the hard work hun xx

awww thanks Linda hun, I hope your days off work are doing you some good! you are sounding a bit better now which is lovely to hear!
love ya lots!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Vicky yes I have to say taking the time off work and doing it for me has been good. I have to go back to see the doc on tuesday and I am hoping he gives me a few more weeks off. I want to avoid medication for my slight depression if a rest will do the same thing. I do feel guilty on the days I get up and feel fine but for the last three days I have had a thumping headache so I am so glad I am not in work. Linda xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well done Vicky :D I gave up January 1st 2005 and it wasn't easy, but so worth it!

Hello everyone,
sorry I haven't been on for a while but have been really down what with one thing & another.
The good news is I have managed to stop smoking for a month & 2 days now so that must be good mustn't it?
I am on Zyban & patches to help.
Still not heard from the dietician at hospital :( - fed up now
hope you are all well
love n hugs
Vick
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello everyone!!
How are you all??? I have really really missed you all as I have been unable to come online - alsorts has happened including my Mother-in-law becoming really ill & then dying of pneumonia & then having to have the house all redone so I have been SO busy!!

Please all let me know how you all are won't you? I would love to know everyone is alright :)

I am hoping to be able to concentrate on myself a little now (crikey I really need it - I am knackered lol!)

I have my appointment through to go see either the dietician or the surgeon (not sure which) on Friday & am terrified to say the least, as it's up to them to decide if I can have surgery & then if I can, they will apply for funding for me - it all seems so surreal as has been dragging on for absolutely ages, I was beginning to think the day would never arrive & now it's here I am freaked out!!! eeeeeks
Right must go & get some beauty sleep (& boy do I need plenty of that lol) I hope I hear from you all soon :)
Big hugs
Vicky
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back