• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

YES!!! Progress at last!!!!!

Wooo hooo Linda well done you!!! you have done so well getting there & standing your ground re the Reductil & you are so right - you know you more than anybody!!
I am pleased he was nice to you & so chuffed that you have made some progress & it's a giant leap of progress isn't it!
I hope the letter saying what he wants you to read comes quickly, you'll know what they know & are thinking then if you know what I mean lol & I agree why do banks hols always fall when we are in desperate need of post lol it's sods law isn't it!!
onwards & upwards Linda Yeah!!! yippeeeee!
Love n hugs
Vicky
xxxxx

Hi Linda
I'm upto speed now, god I'm slow sometimes.
Yahoooooooo, I said you could do it.:talk017::talk017::talk017:
Way to go girl, Don't feel bad at refusing his treatment because like Shel said these surgeons are really strict and he if thought that you needed it, he would of made you try it, Not long now
Take care
Trina xxxxxx

Wooo hooo Linda well done you!!! you have done so well getting there & standing your ground re the Reductil & you are so right - you know you more than anybody!!
I am pleased he was nice to you & so chuffed that you have made some progress & it's a giant leap of progress isn't it!
I hope the letter saying what he wants you to read comes quickly, you'll know what they know & are thinking then if you know what I mean lol & I agree why do banks hols always fall when we are in desperate need of post lol it's sods law isn't it!!
onwards & upwards Linda Yeah!!! yippeeeee!
Love n hugs
Vicky
xxxxx

Thanks Vicky its only just sinking in now lol....when he wrote in my file and asked if I had read it I had not even noticed and normally I am very good at reading upside down like most women I think lol...and then he said I have put you would be good for the op it still did not register at least the letter will tell me it again....I could not sleep this morning as thinking about it.....I hope this gives you encouragement for your future appointment and fingers crossed...you never know we may get it done together....have a lovely day....Linda xx

Hi Linda
I'm upto speed now, god I'm slow sometimes.
Yahoooooooo, I said you could do it.:talk017::talk017::talk017:
Way to go girl, Don't feel bad at refusing his treatment because like Shel said these surgeons are really strict and he if thought that you needed it, he would of made you try it, Not long now
Take care
Trina xxxxxx

Hi Trina sent you a PM......I am getting excited now yohoo.......Linda x

Weight Management appointment AGES away!!

Hello everyone,
I hope you are all well & have had a lovely weekend.
I got brave on Friday & emailled the patient advice & liaison service to ask if they could tell me the approx waiting time for an initial appointment with the weight management service & got an email straight back asking for my details, so I told them & really quickly they replied with the following:
The response from Weight Management is that you will be offered an appointment at the Woodsley Clinic on 12/11/08 it will be a morning appointment but a time slot has not yet been booked for you, however when it is they will write to you with this information.

I was so pleased to have got a really immediate response & think the lady who found this out for me is marvelous but crikey what a long time to wait!! it will have been going on almost 6 months & I haven't even had my first appointment yet!!! grrrrrrrrrrrr at least I can stop watching for the postman continually now but am a bit gutted to say the least :( :sigh:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On one hand, like you said, at least you know your appointment is coming up and can stop watching the post... but I can understand how gutted you are that it's so far away :(

Sending you a hug, and hope times flies for you... :hug99:

x

Hellooooo everyone!!
I'm sorry I haven't been on for a bit, but I got myself in a bit of a state & my depression worsened so had trouble communicating in any way with anyone but...........
AT LAST I have some good news!!! HURRAYYYYY!! ROFL...
I emailed to Leeds PALS & they told me weight management would be sending an appointment out for me for the 11 November so a few days later I got brave & emailed them again asking if they would ask weight management, if they happened to get any cancellations would they consider seeing me & guess what...
They rang this morning & said they'd had a cancellation asked me to go in this afternoon!! Wooo hoooo I couldn't believe it!!! So off I went (c******g myself lol - sorry) & was only in about 20 minutes & the lady said she was referring me to hospital with a view to surgery (I think she said to see a dietician who would make sure I knew all the ins & outs & risks & lifelong commitments of having surgery) & that she was sending a letter to my GP requesting bloods so that sounds like good news do you think???
I am so excited!!!!!! whooop whooop lol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

that sounds really positive Vicky, well done! The balls really rolling now!

great news Vicky - having that cancellation appointment saved you a lot of worry, building up to a date in the future, you must be chuffed that you are now another step along your journey!! Keep us posted on your progress xx

Hi Vicky, I sent you an email from work last night hope you got it as sometimes they dont reach their destination. I am so pleased for you chick we can make the journey together now......look forward to chatting.....Linda xx

Linda just got your email !! I will reply asap hun!! xxxxxx

Anyone know why they take bloods from us & what are they looking for??
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Vicky, I had bloods taken (lots) and had to fill a very large container with wee for 24 hours and the results were never mentioned at my appointment....so no idea what they do with lol....speak later hun...Linda x

They finally took my bloods, but then when i had more appointments after that, they said the results weren't even sent to them, but nothing has been said since.
However, i have a pre op assessment on Monday at which time they'll be taking bloods.
As far as i know, they're checking for diabetes Vicky, and they check your thyroid as well.

Have emailed you.

hi vicky
just like to say welldone and goodluck hun..
its prob routine bloods and maybe cholestorol aswell
takecare emma

Back