• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Zero noodles

I have had the noodles two nights running and they were great. I blame topkats passion for the things ... I have gone and bought in bulk last night :eek: Was searching Internet and got a coupon for 24 packs (3 of each variety) of 200g ones for £20 plus £6 postage. What's 26 pounds in the scheme of things when they will last me till the end of the year LOL ... Great definitely if you feel that urge for carbs! I ate 100g with my tea last night and was too full to drink the hot chocolate I had planned in instead of the Cadbury flake my loving hubby bought me (so I wouldn't complain about him having a beer and watching footie) :rolleyes:

Gogroopie.com ... there are other suppliers available

thats a great offer on there ...even tho I already have a box and some I've just ordered another 20 cos at £1 it's a bargain and the ones I have at home are in date til November - they can "bung" you up a bit tho so be aware :)

Yayy I got some too. I'm not eating pasta,rice,bread yet as i'm avoiding carbs but couldn't miss this deal :)

Shame on me ... Tonight I had real pasta with actual calories ... :eek:

I had 2 spoons of normal pasta last night too! I was so whacked I couldn't be bothered to cook a separate thing from my son . . .very nice it was too lol

I don't dare eat real pasta, I ate soooooo much of it pre op I just wouldn't trust myself ;)

Mazza, so did I ... Bread and pasta ... And lots of it. But I don't go mad at all now, my band cannot take too much tbh...I don't try to push it. I have no more than 25g to 30g dry pasta ... Cooked that is plenty to be filling but not to stretch my pouch. Likewise with bread, I do eat it now ... Anywhere between 3/4 slice and 2 slices is my limit ... But it depends on totm as to how much I can eat before the band tells me when to stop... I :heartpump::heartpump: my band

I'm not bothered at all about bread but rice and pasta were my thing - strange I know, most people have chocolate, crisps etc as their vice.

I know that I would try and push it so when my dietician said they both can cause issues by swelling in the pouch, that was my que to give them up.

I will try these noodles though - they sound safe lol x

Got a packet to join the party.

Having a think about them, they feel like worms in the packet, do they look like worms? Or feel like you are eating worms?

Not at all, the only version that feels a bit slimy and reminded me of "frog spawn" lol is the slim pasta rice variety. I love the slim pasta fettucine as it has more "substance" to it, but as soon as you wash and rinse (and rinse them well!) pat them dry and cook them they aren't like worms at all, just like normal soft noodles.

they are great, I had the rice version last night with a quorn chilli, pasta form tonight with chicken and tomato....

Still not tried them yet but I'm off work tomorrow so will have a look round town for some. We have a lot chinese and japenese students at the uni's so hopefully one of the many shops that have cropped up will sell them ;)

I have now tried them, nice as a replacement to pasta and real noodles providing that there is a strong sauce with them :D

BUT :eek::eek::eek:

The texture and appearance of worms....

:argh::help2::giveup::needhug::peep::bolt::yuk:

:faint2::faint2::faint2:

:9529::9529::9529:

Need I say more !!!!!!!

Mine still haven't arrived! I am wondering whether it would be possible make them into sort of lasagne type of dish. Mix with the tomato sauce, on top white sauce, stick it into oven and meal done in a few minutes. I know, the sauces can have a lot of calories. But if the pasta doesn't have (nearly) any, it must still be much better than normal lasagne.

I have now tried them, nice as a replacement to pasta and real noodles providing that there is a strong sauce with them :D

Need I say more !!!!!!!

LOL I agree

I tried the Angel hair and liked it until I drenched it in sauce and then it was slimey and making me gag. I like mine like a dry noodle with little sauce but I'm afraid it might cause issue's with the bypass so will ask my dietitian.

Need I say more !!!!!!!

I disagree I don't think they have that texture or appearance of worms. If you want some with more substance go for the fettuccine version or indeed the spaghetti, they are the same as the pasta would be. You can get them at various places and different brands, but eat water do slim pasta and slim rice and both are very good. Can be found online or from holland and Barrett.

I don't think any of them are like worms, but depends how you cook them, they do not take long to take on the flavour of what lure coming, use garlic, herbs, spices and it changes quite quickly. Or even use the tubs of stir in pasta sauces or pesto.

Mine still haven't arrived! I am wondering whether it would be possible make them into sort of lasagne type of dish. Mix with the tomato sauce, on top white sauce, stick it into oven and meal done in a few minutes. I know, the sauces can have a lot of calories. But if the pasta doesn't have (nearly) any, it must still be much better than normal lasagne.

its the sauces that make normal pasta dishes so high in calories and fat - rather defeats the object of these . . .use tomatoes with garlic and herbs, makes a low fat sauce, or just the small tubs of stir in pasta work well too

Guess what? They arrived!!!! So much excitement about a tiny pack of (not real) noodles! I need to get a life!

By the way, it is so tiny. Do you have the same (tiny) size or did I order some testers?

Back