• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Zero noodles

No, they are a small size. they come in packs of 100g. The slim pasta/slim rice by eat water are 200g.

The zero noodles smell funny (fishy smell) when you open the packet. But after washing them under tap water it goes away.

I had one pack witrh tomato sauce (not too much though, as you warned me that it is high in calories). Not bad at all. I could get used to them.

I am thinking about trying one with 2 spoons of cream and nuts and sweetner. Obviously cream is high in calories, but if one uses a spoon or two and the noodles have zero calories, the total result can't be that high.

plain tomato sauce isn't high in cals. I've been using the weight watchers jars of pasta sauce, tomato mozzarella and rocket is nice and about 60 cals for half jar :). Avoid cream, it is cream and butter that makes sauces high in fat. Stick to tomato based ones :)

I have managed to get down a REAL pasta spiral on two days this week, cooking pasta for my other half and he wasn't around to test it, so I did..:eek:

Each one went down ok. I won't be serving myself up a plate though, getting myself off large amount of carbs, has been like stopping drinking fizzy drinks.

Why start again?

I have managed to get down a REAL pasta spiral on two days this week, cooking pasta for my other half and he wasn't around to test it, so I did..:eek:

Each one went down ok. I won't be serving myself up a plate though, getting myself off large amount of carbs, has been like stopping drinking fizzy drinks.

Why start again?

I am ok with some normal pasta dishes - dishes where there is enough sauce so it go down relatively easy, such as lasagne, but when I tired pasta where there wasn't too much sauce, after about three pieces it got stuck. I think it glued itself to either the eating tube or to the hole between my poach and stomach. Well, I learned. Lasagne yes (not too much though) but pasta without much sauce not.

I don't have problems eating normal pasta at all. I got these noodles and eat them because I strictly limit carbs in my diet.

I LOVE these noodles. This is what I had for lunch today- chicken stir fry/ soup with zero noodles. That's half of the amount I made and the whole lot was only 226 cals! Super win! X

Attachments

• image-3834500529.jpg
    image-3834500529.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 46
I also had stir fry. £1 for stir Fry vegetables, £1 for the stir fry sauce and nearly £2 for the noodles and I have a really tasty meal (well, 2-3 meals because I wouldn't eat the whole lot on one sitting) for £4. Not bad! And pretty low in calories too.

I've just made myself the fettuccine ones with a large tbsp of low fat soft cheese, couple of heaped teaspoons of spicy sundried pesto, tbsp of frozen sweetcorn and diced ham :)

I can't eat them at the moment . . .I'm having difficulties being able to eat anything so am back to liquids only. I have a box full of zero noodles and slim pasta and can't eat any of them :(

:sigh: :cry: you must have been closer to restriction than you realised before your last fill. It should get better xxx

Yve - thank you. I eat the pasta version which is also on sale . . .:D

their postage is expensive :(

its ok, may work it out tomorrow when im at work as still maybe cheaper than holland and Barrett lol

Just found carb free rice at Holland and Barrat cannot wait to try it tonight with a homemade chicken curry as my last meal of solids before my op on Thursday clear fluids only 2mrw so really glad I can have some rice tonight woop!!!

Hi Nikki - I mention that earlier in the thread - I used it when I made a chilli. Did you get the "eat water" slim pasta but the rice version in the purple packet? If so, its the best one I've found so far that has a consistency similar to rice, some of them are quite slimey, whereas that one isn't.

They have like 1g of carbs in where it doesn't even register, but I really enjoyed it with my chilli - I made it using quorn too and it was lower in fat and lovely :)

Yep that's the one!!! Bit weird the texture but made my good much more filling and made me feel normal this is a great thread wish I'd found it ages ago.

Back