• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Announcing the delivery of Alice (band)! I've done it!

Hi Gina I am feeling so much better today, almost human lol....I have been out to the shops and when I found I could fasten the top button on my jeans I was delighted.....do you know I am actually starting to believe this is going to happen.....lol....I dont trust very easy lol....xx

Hi Gina I am feeling so much better today, almost human lol....I have been out to the shops and when I found I could fasten the top button on my jeans I was delighted.....do you know I am actually starting to believe this is going to happen.....lol....I dont trust very easy lol....xx

Linda, its not going to happen, IT'S HAPPENING!!!!

Cooey All!

I've lost a few more inches this week but I haven't lost anymore weight on the scales. I was a little worried about it the other day but I am not worried about it now. I have my first fill a week on Tuesday on the 25th and Im not expecting to lose anymore until after the fill. I haven't been eating badly at all and my portion sizes are pretty small. At least i'm losing inches so I'm not at a total loss. I'm really looking forward to exercise now. Never thought I'd hear myself say that!!! I suffer with a lower back problem so have been told the best exercises for me to go are swimming and cycling on an excersice bike so Ive been looking at the bikes on the net tonight and I'm gonna get one in the week. My scars have healed beautifully and I am now back to normal. I love freaking people out by asking them to feel where my post is and they get squimish when they feel how hard in feels! But I like it, apart from the scars its the only thing to tell me its all really in there and Im not gonna go back to the hospital and they're gonna say "its all in yor head, we didnt fit a band at all!"

Hi hun, I`ve got my first fill on the 25th too, I feel like I`m on the same journey as u lol. I tell u what though I`m glad the fills coming up cos although I can`t eat as much as I could I still think I can eat far too much haha. I`ve only lost 4lb post op which is a bit disheartening but although I`ve not measured myself yet ( I do this once a month ) I can tell I`ve lost inches too as my pants r falling down and my belts even got too big, I need to put a few more holes in it lol. Sounds like your doing really well hun and like you too r ready for the fill!!

lol Gina you are cruel to people making them feel your port......your doing well and inches are just as important as pounds, there will be no stopping you when you get your fill....xx

LOL Gina love yr party piece. You are doing fantastic an seem to really have yr head aeound the fact that you have yr band as a tool to work with.
Having had such a good recovery and apart from a couple of times i have drunk something too quick and thought an elephant was going to sit on my chest im like you thinking have i really had anything done and with being bypassed and no port to feel its only the tell tale signs and sounds of the gut that i know i have.
Good luck with yr fill you really are doing fantastic
carole

lol Gina you are cruel to people making them feel your port......your doing well and inches are just as important as pounds, there will be no stopping you when you get your fill....xx

Thanks Linda, yeah I'm looking forward to it now!

LOL Gina love yr party piece. You are doing fantastic an seem to really have yr head aeound the fact that you have yr band as a tool to work with.
Having had such a good recovery and apart from a couple of times i have drunk something too quick and thought an elephant was going to sit on my chest im like you thinking have i really had anything done and with being bypassed and no port to feel its only the tell tale signs and sounds of the gut that i know i have.
Good luck with yr fill you really are doing fantastic
carole

Hi Carole!

Drinking! God I am finding that hard, I have always drank loads during the day but am finding the sipping business a nightmare, I have had to guzzle little bits at a time sometimes because Im so thirsty, but I do find it hard to get a drink down in time before its time to eat again and then theres the dont drink half and hour before the eating, oh I could just down a pint of squash!!!!

hi gina
just like to say welldone hun
emmax

Hi Em,

How are you? Yo haven't been about much, is everything ok? How's the eating going? I know you were having a few probs last time I spoke to you.

Ginaxxxx

Just got into my size 20 jeans that haven't fitted me for 3 years! Woop Woop!!

:clap: well done Gina :clap:

Lol gina I can just imagine you dancing....I too cannot get use to drinking slowly, I have had two cups of tea since I came home from hospital, it goes too cold before I can finish it and thats in a theral cup!.....I cant stomach s/s milk any more I really enjoy it but its not good with the nausea, I dont like plain water although I do have a bottle and keep taking sips when I remember. I even tried cooled boiled water today and it too went cold too quick and I lost interest....not felt thirsty though and checked my wee and its still a nice healthy colour (sorry if your eating your tea)....xx

hi girls,
gina the new look is great. and as for dropping all those jean sizes, well done!
i have been eating more than i was and feel better for it. i was eating so little my body wouldnt let me loose any more weight, and i was constantly feeling hungary and a bit grumpy and down that the weight wasnt moving fast.
my will power is really having to kick into gear now as i feel very little restriction. i can swallow anything( well not anything, but i couldnt swallow that before op anyway! ;)) and i can drink quickly. ireally feel same as you gina that i havent got a band in at all.
my xray is 19th nov and my fill is 24th.yeah... i am feeling great and have jeans i need to give away!!! cause i wont need them again. woo hooo...

Lol gina I can just imagine you dancing....I too cannot get use to drinking slowly, I have had two cups of tea since I came home from hospital, it goes too cold before I can finish it and thats in a theral cup!.....I cant stomach s/s milk any more I really enjoy it but its not good with the nausea, I dont like plain water although I do have a bottle and keep taking sips when I remember. I even tried cooled boiled water today and it too went cold too quick and I lost interest....not felt thirsty though and checked my wee and its still a nice healthy colour (sorry if your eating your tea)....xx

Hi Linda!

I can't drink plain water either, i cant stand it! I'm drinking a bit faster now and I feel better for taking in more fluids!

Congratulations on the jeans hun, you`ll b throwing them away soon lol xx

Hi LL

That is a mad thought, throwing them away soon! Well, giving them away!!

hi girls,
gina the new look is great. and as for dropping all those jean sizes, well done!
i have been eating more than i was and feel better for it. i was eating so little my body wouldnt let me loose any more weight, and i was constantly feeling hungary and a bit grumpy and down that the weight wasnt moving fast.
my will power is really having to kick into gear now as i feel very little restriction. i can swallow anything( well not anything, but i couldnt swallow that before op anyway! ;)) and i can drink quickly. ireally feel same as you gina that i havent got a band in at all.
my xray is 19th nov and my fill is 24th.yeah... i am feeling great and have jeans i need to give away!!! cause i wont need them again. woo hooo...

Oh Cheryl, it's lovely to hear you sounding more possitive! Keep going girl, you have your first fill the day before me and Dee!!!xxxx

Back