• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Decision made - Marz's sleeve diary

Welcome to the losers bench?!?!

Your face..where are you injecting it? Mine went in my belly?! I got my husband to do mine as im needle phobic...it maybe 16 months ago but i remember it well..
Recover slowly and dont rush anything x

Welcome to the losers bench?!?!

Your face..where are you injecting it? Mine went in my belly?! I got my husband to do mine as im needle phobic...it maybe 16 months ago but i remember it well..
Recover slowly and dont rush anything x

I hate needles too. I'm injecting in belly but have a strange sensation in my face at night.. Did you ever get like the feeling part of your body was dead.. You know like if you cross legs one goes dead quick... That's happening occasionally as well a bit of my face. Probably just being a hypochondriac about things...

Ok so I had a bad day. Made some retrospectively poor decisions. It started off with the turkey... I really wanted some.. I tried the chew and spit technique and was great so I tried to puree some with added water... When I strained it I realised it wasn't worth the effort so I opted for yoghurt.... But I was day 6 so should really be on liquids still, not yoghurt. To make matters worse I had low calorie hot chocolate.... With cream on top giving me immediate diarrhea.. Then topped off the night with skips which I ensured were fully melted. I need to go back to basics tomorrow. Am I so addicted to food that I can't control what goes into my own mouth? Do I really want to trigger self inflicted complications? I'm disgusted with myself.

Go careful. Just get rid of it all you have to be strong and stick to liquid your tummy is a long way off being repaired/healed

Don't be disgusted love. If we were not addicted to food we would not need to do this terrible thing to our bodies ie the WLS

But....... Please please please look after your new tummy. I can't believe you were actually brave enough to try the chew n spit so early out - and I'm a girl who pushed the boundaries

Come on, get back on to your post op rules tomorrow xxxxxxx you can do this for sure!

You know you did wrong....just don't do it again.
It really ain't worth the trouble you'll get yourself into if your insides are put into danger just for the sake of a bit of something your chancing....I remember the early days still like yesterday...it's hard to change the habits of a life time...chew chew chew still feels alien even after all these years!
I still want to eat and chomp and wolf it down like normal...and forget I can't! And then spend the next hour with food stuck.
Good luck :)

Thanks guys. I've ventured into jelly today to sidetrack me. I've tried to analyse this and I think deep down because they said clear liquids only for two weeks and then gave me soup at the hospital I figured it was more flexible. Add to that, that other surgeons are moving people into soft foods week two and I see leeway.... Which I shouldn't, but do. Now that I ' got away' with skips yesterday I'm thinking maybe some more today wouldn't be a disaster. I'm so stupid. 7 days post op. Skips are calling me. Risk is high. I must see risk....

I have finally read the instructions rather than work on memory.... Its liquids for 4 weeks and soup is included in that... But not skips or yoghurt or jelly... And he said stop when not hungry not when you are full because then you've stretched your sleeve. Oops. I will immediately comply now and hope that I haven't done much long term damage.

In my first few weeks I was allowed very runny yoghurt which mixed it up a bit. I just diluted a muller lite with skimmed milk so it was more like a flavoured milk. If you need a change this might be worth a go.

And no Skips!! :D xx

marz

Tough love time! You've had the courage and the initiative to embark on this massive change in your life and I think it's sometimes tempting to think that the surgery is the end of the journey and somehow everything that happens after that happens magically with no great effort from ourselves. However that isn't the case. You do need to put the effort in to read and re-read and re-read the information your provider has given you and follow it. It doesn't matter what other people are doing, what matters is that you help your provider to help you by following the rules. So yes, you know that having Skips less than a week out of your surgery is a bad choice and you know that having them again would be another bad choice - apart from being food your provider hasn't listed, they contain absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever and at this stage you can consume so little that the nutritional value of what you put in your mouth is crucial.

So, pick yourself up, throw the Skips (and anything else you think you'll be tempted by) in the bin, follow the guidelines and treat your pouch well because you really don't want to get problems from stressing out an unhealed stomach.

Thanks Sundown. I have been better since yesterday. I even started diluting the yoghurts and really tried to listen to when I'm full. I've made an effort to watch time so I'm not eating or drinking too fast and I feel better for it. One of my incisions bought out a little blood that was with to remind me that it was still very raw inside... I really do appreciate the tough love.

Thanks Sundown. I have been better since yesterday. I even started diluting the yoghurts and really tried to listen to when I'm full. I've made an effort to watch time so I'm not eating or drinking too fast and I feel better for it. One of my incisions bought out a little blood that was with to remind me that it was still very raw inside... I really do appreciate the tough love.

Well done Marz. Stick to the basics and you won't go wrong. Be careful of those incisions too. Did they give you any dressings when you left the hospital?

Well done Marz. Stick to the basics and you won't go wrong. Be careful of those incisions too. Did they give you any dressings when you left the hospital?

No but I found some at home to put on. I'm over bending it seems!

I burp loads .... Loudly. I just laugh however it's settled down since I've stopped the stomach lining drug. We are all different

I burp loads .... Loudly. I just laugh however it's settled down since I've stopped the stomach lining drug. We are all different ?

Hang on you mean that... Lazamparole one.... I was so tempted to treat that as optional among with the other meds but seem to have taken that most days because it tastes good. It's important right?

Yes you must take it until you are told to stop. I had 5 weeks of the drug it's really important every day

Yes you must take it! I had it for 3 months until my consultant said to stop it. You must let your stomach heal.

Hang on you mean that... Lazamparole one.... I was so tempted to treat that as optional among with the other meds but seem to have taken that most days because it tastes good. It's important right?

Yes it massively important. Look at it this way; you've just had a dirty great chunk of your stomach removed and the part that's not removed is a new wound. What's in your stomach? Acid. What do the pills do? Neutralise the acid.

Now if you're not sure whether taking them is important or not, ask yourself this....if you cut your hand, would you think the best way to heal it would be to go and stick your wounded hand in a jug of acid?

I can't impress enough (and I hope your provider impressed upon you too!) that you have just had major surgery. You simply can't take short cuts with skipping medication, eating things that aren't allowed at your stage and doing the sort of exercise that opens your incisions back up. If you do all of that then chances are you'll create complications for yourself that could a) impact on your weight loss or b) in the worst case scenarios, see you back in hospital.

Back