• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

in hospital now bypass tomorrow!!

Glad you are ok x

Thanks all. Nurses have said I'll be home today. I'm gunna try taking it easy at home. I've not settled too well in hospital, need my bed. I've had terrible back pain since I came round from surgery, first thing I complained about! do have some abdominal pain mainly when walking .

I have been drinking water and managed about a quatre of my yoghurt this morning x

Sounds like you're doing great. You'll feel better once you get home but remember to be good to yourself and don't do too much x

Good luck x

Thanks all I'm doing ok after my bypass, I came home yesterday and had a good night's sleep. Which helped a lot.

I'm doing a lot better with pain only issue that's worrying me a bit is top of my left leg has been numb since yesterday. I have been moving plenty since op. This happened occasionally before op but not usually this long. I think it could maybe be a trapped nerve?

Other than that I'm just trying to get head around the eating x

Ooo thanks I'll try having a look. I did ring bariatric nurse today as it seems to be getting worse and I wanted to avoid googling, coz I panic!! He said its uncommon but is just nerve damage maybe by way I was laying during op or after and if it persists to see my gp but at the minute it's really only problem I'm having :/

Welcome to the losers bench, we kept your spot warm!

From my experience the most severe pain is in the first two weeks. From week three things start to ease off and by week four it starts to fade into history (it's strange how pain is something the mind filters out from memory).

I do remember the last two weeks (about 16-18 days to be precise) being excruciating but when the pain eased off I was exceptionally grateful!

Hoping everything goes great from now. Onwards and downwards!

Ah Thanks Marcus I'm soo grateful to have that spot on the bench. I am feeling very well just the odd twinge now and again but not bad enough for medication, which is good. I'm getting out and about too :)

Willow my leg is still an issue along with odd pains in it now to go with numbness! On orders from the bariatric team I'm going to see my GP tomorrow. I had never heard of this problem in all the research I did but I have found a few old threads on here where people have had it. Seems like it ranges from an effect of anaesthesia to nerve damage and a few others inbetween. I'm not holding my breath I'll get a decent answer at my doctors tomorrow but I'm doing as I'm told x

Goodluck.

Back