• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

?????

rickysmrs

Hi

Just wandered if anyone had a rough idea now that ive finally been accepted for funding, how long it would be before 1st consultation to OP date.........

Just wanted to start getting myself prepaired.

Also do I need to go and see my GP to say which hospital I would prefer as three have been listed on the letter.

Thanks

Ann xxx:)

I don't know the answer to your question but didn't want to read and run - well done on your funding x

HI Ann,

Congrats on getting your funding. Not sure how it works in your area, but here in north Birmingham, it takes about 20 weeks from funding to op. Each area is different though.

Great news that your funding has been approved. Length to op varies greatly from area to area, hospital to hospital. Which hospitals have you been given to choose from?

well done on the funding, my funding was approved within a week of me seeing my gp - he rang me n told me the hospitals i could choose from - he said ring me back tomorrow and let me know which one - he gave me sites to read about them all - and its takens 13months from then to get my op which will be on the 25th of this month, im in northampton and i know wach pct n hospital guide lines are different x

I was referred by my diabetic team and had to do a year of weight loss clinic stuff and then in September they sent off my application to the pct, a week later I got my funding acceptance and saw the surgeon in October and then had my operation 16 days later on 29th October.
I live in Widnes, Cheshire and all pct's work differently and I know that I got VERY VERY VERY lucky to get through it all that quickly.
Congrats on the funding xx
Steph xx

Hi,
It does seem to vary a great deal.
I got my funding accepted mid october and have my firat appointment at my hospital of choice next thursday.
Leanne x

Back