• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

12th april 2017

before op I wasn't a good sleeper I used to get out of bed and go downstairs and get on the couch.. but managing to sleep till about 5am in bed.
I used to be able to sleep all the time day time night night anytime now im lucky if i get 5-6hrs

Im not a huge lover of fish unless its from the chippy or in a finger ha! But something tells me its going to be a long time before i can ever try any of that if i can ever #dumping. Im having a problem with sleeping atm the more later it gets the more energy i have. i went to bed last night at midnight didnt drift off till 2am and then awake at 8am is anyone else experencing this...
I have been experiencing this about 12 years if I go to bed earlier I can not drift off for hours, no matter what time I go to bed it always takes a couple of hours to finally drop off. The amount of times I have seen the sun rise well when it gets light. It may have something to do with eating late in the evening, I'm talking about 10 pm onwards which I do on a regular basis. Eating raises your metabolism making you more active in body and mind thus you are stimulated. In my case pain in my arm and obstructive sleep apnoea plays a huge part as well.

I have been experiencing this about 12 years if I go to bed earlier I can not drift off for hours, no matter what time I go to bed it always takes a couple of hours to finally drop off. The amount of times I have seen the sun rise well when it gets light. It may have something to do with eating late in the evening, I'm talking about 10 pm onwards which I do on a regular basis. Eating raises your metabolism making you more active in body and mind thus you are stimulated. In my case pain in my arm and obstructive sleep apnoea plays a huge part as well.
I used to be able to eat late at night but max time now is 8pm and thats the latest i have a coffee as well. Im just wondering if this new energy boost is because of the surgery.

I used to be able to eat late at night but max time now is 8pm and thats the latest i have a coffee as well. Im just wondering if this new energy boost is because of the surgery.
Big possibility I would imagine like myself that your surgery is on your mind 24/7 at the moment making it difficult to wind down and relax. I can remember during my nurse training at university we learned self hypnosis techniques to help relaxation, didn't work for me. Back in those days I was only getting about 4 hours sleep a night for about 18 months. The techniques were to imagine yourself in a tranquil place walking to somewhere you're familiar within concentrating on you're breathing slow breaths in and out. I thought it was a load of bulls..t personally but it may work for some.

Big possibility I would imagine like myself that your surgery is on your mind 24/7 at the moment making it difficult to wind down and relax. I can remember during my nurse training at university we learned self hypnosis techniques to help relaxation, didn't work for me. Back in those days I was only getting about 4 hours sleep a night for about 18 months. The techniques were to imagine yourself in a tranquil place walking to somewhere you're familiar within concentrating on you're breathing slow breaths in and out. I thought it was a load of bulls..t personally but it may work for some.
Well thanks for that stevie i will try that tonight and let tou know if it works. Hopefully it will and tonight i may get a goodnight sleep

LIFE SAVERS!!! Im a week into my liquid only and if it wasnt for these it would be a nightmare. These pots are 120g each and the custard one you can heat up so a normal day for me would be...
Breakfast: 1 weetabix with loads of milk 30-45mins i have a small coffee.
Half pint milk.
Lunch: a cup a soup or a pot in the picture 30-45mins another small coffee.
Half pint milk
Dinner: a warm custard or angel delight or jelly again 30-45mins after a coffee.
Evening snack: half a pint of milk.

Different people react differently above is what i can sustain per day little bits at a time sip by sip its not a contest dont rush it and if you cant finish it in one sitting put it aside and come back to it...
Hi hun can I ask where you got these small pots from please thank you x

Well thanks for that stevie i will try that tonight and let tou know if it works. Hopefully it will and tonight i may get a goodnight sleep
Hiya stevie i have to give you a big thank you. I tried what you suggested and its worked two nights in a row now. My tranqul place is a waterfall feeling the water over my head and listening to it, its amazing. Thank you

Morning guys, right i meed to know what its like when you are dumping. Ive never had this problem but i was hungry last night as i didnt have any dinner so i had a chicken and sweetcorn soup only to find out we are supposed to avoid sweetcorn after i had the soup. I then felt so bloted lile the feeling you get when you need to go to the toilet. I lay in bed with what felt like minor movements in my abdomen like wind i suppose you can say and felt tired. Is this dumping or have i had a lucky escape.

I wouldn't say this is Dumping! Your body can no longer digest sweet corn ... therefore it will sit in your stomach for longer sometimes not allowing the other bits to pass. If it was dumping it probably would be as quick out of you as it was in you. Sounds like very fullness!
Do be careful though and stick to your guidelines as your new tummy is healing! And some other foods you may feel like you can eat but actually it's the damage you do on the inside. Take it easy Xxxx

Hiya stevie i have to give you a big thank you. I tried what you suggested and its worked two nights in a row now. My tranqul place is a waterfall feeling the water over my head and listening to it, its amazing. Thank you
I am absolutely delighted for you the next trick is make variations on the theme, hope that this works as well.
Nighty night
steve xx

I wouldn't say this is Dumping! Your body can no longer digest sweet corn ... therefore it will sit in your stomach for longer sometimes not allowing the other bits to pass. If it was dumping it probably would be as quick out of you as it was in you. Sounds like very fullness!
Do be careful though and stick to your guidelines as your new tummy is healing! And some other foods you may feel like you can eat but actually it's the damage you do on the inside. Take it easy Xxxx
Thank you x

I was naughty this morning i had scrambled egg and one small sauage that was cooked in fry light but its a one off and it was because my dad poped over from manchester to see us i couldnt eat it all tho but not had any problems x

Back