• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My quest for restriction - cross everything you have lol

it should really help with hunger because when you hit sweetspot it such a small amount of food that gives u satation that if you do get peckish a few mouthfuls takes care of it. I have a 14ml band my most restriction came at just under 9mls over that and I couldn't drink, I did however prefer extremely tight restriction I could only eat maybe one teaspoon full of chicken 2 or 3 desertspoons of potato and veg at that restriction and that worked well for me that took about 5 fills to get too and I had 6 weekly fills to maintain that often with just a dribble in to tweek, now im totally empty but because of the slippage some days I can eat full dinner plate others like yesterday I got one fishstick in and that was it for afternoon crazy how it goes and how individual it is.

See I have never had that feeling in relation to hunger at all - and I could if I allowed myself to, sit down to a full on meal on a full dinner plate. I could eat a whole chicken and not just a bit of it. I read often of people saying they eat half a chicken breast and a few peas and are full - and that they don't get hungry after. My portion sizes are much bigger (but still within my 1100 cals) but I am still hungry after I've eaten, which then causes me to "graze" to try to curb that hunger a little. I still stick within my 1100 cals and to my own protein/carb limits, but its not easy. Some days, especially if I've had hard gym/exercise sessions then I do eat more and can easily consume 2-3000 cals if I allowed myself to.

Just a little bit of help with the hunger would be fab lol

hi kat can you tell me where you obtained your band insurance from? how lond and what does this cover you for?. my provider is thg, and they only cover surgery for 6 months. if anything was to go wrong after that I would not be able to come up with any more finances, and this is a worry to me,

i need to try and find the paperwork so will have a look later. It was done via my provider though rather than separate so thg may have their own provider?

But I will have a look. My insurance is for 3 years post op and covers everything from slippages to removal. It isn't cheap to purchase but I had it free on offer from my provider bu think to purchase it was worth around £500.

thank you :)

They gave me 0.5ml so am now up to 11ml

She said she could feel a bit of pressure putting this fluid in so hoping that this may help...liquids only now for three days.....

Hope it works for you :)

Hope this fill works for you Top_Kat.

At my last fill the nurse said he could feel some resistance as he put saline in, and I have now got really good restriction and very limited hunger pangs in comparison to what I was experiencing before.

Unfortunately, along with this restriction I have had a a couple of food sticking moments and a few excess saliva / drooling incidents - not pleasant and not pretty, but it has slowed me right down.

Let us know how you get on

Justine x

fingers crossed :) we talked lots about technical stuff today in terms of the stomach and the hunger feelings which helped to explain a lot. But they said early on that restriction in a 14ml band tends to come around 9-10ml but today she said it was really between 8-12 and out of 2500 patients they currently have with a band only 2 are at their full limit and very few near 13 or over.

On a side note they couldn't believe I'd last half a stone in 13 days lol :)

They obviously don't know your will power and determination - there was never any doubt that you would be back on track after your holiday!!! :)

Indeed :) I've set myself another mini target tho and want to lose another stone by the end of November . . .hmmmm lol

im glad you got a fill sorted fingers crossed it helps. iv never had a problem with the fulkl asperations at fills as it only for seconds/minites but I had a complete defill for 7months for my pregnancy and think that is what made me slip

Yes I was talking to another lady on a previous fill who was going through the same, had a complete defill for her pg and was struggling to get back to restriction, had gone beyond what she had in it before, was suffering reflux issues etc, so they defilled it again and then started over again with mini fills. Strange how at one time it can be ok, but something can change so quickly :)

Back