• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My quest for restriction - cross everything you have lol

top_kat

Im venturing back to Birmingham tomorrow for another fill on my quest to find restriction...

I had one two weeks ago as they are now focussing on some fills closer together to try to find some restriction for me, but it hasn't made any difference. They suggested that a few small fills close together may make a difference so we are trying that....as my others have been spaced out...

Next Monday I will be at 13 months post surgery...am hoping by then I will also have lost the dreaded 11lb I put on during holidays in august :rolleyes: I have lost 10lb of it in 2 weeks but going back to liquids only slows my weightloss....

so if you can cross everything you have that fill number 8 tomorrow will bring a little bit of restriction....if not lots I'd be really grateful! :) :D

Im also looking for that elusive restriction Im 14 mnths out and still cant find it.

Im also looking for that elusive restriction Im 14 mnths out and still cant find it.

I'm sorry you're battling too...but I'm glad there's another person at a similar stage to me..lim surrounded by people who get full on half a chicken breast and a pea lol

Where abouts are you with your fills and are you aware of anything or has your provider said anything about where you're at? :)

Iv got 7 ml in a 10ml band 2 fills back she took all of it out to check the amount and said a small amount was missing and that she would check again next time but because i said i could feel a slight restriction she never did but now that feeling has gone again so i worry that i maybe loseing saline.
I have a fill next tues when i will ask to have it checked again.

i had similar a few fills ago when they took it all out to check it wasn't leaking, if it was the saline would not be cLear but it was fine.

It's very strange but let's hope we get there soon lol, I'm not bothered about what it stops me eating food wise, but I would be good if it took away some of the hunger feelings especially as altho I'm 10 stone down I've still got 3 and a bit to go....

I feel the same iv lost 5 st but still have 3 to go and would love the hunger pains to go.
At the moment i could eat us out of house and home.Theres is nothing left in the cupboards.

Im venturing back to Birmingham tomorrow for another fill on my quest to find restriction...

I had one two weeks ago as they are now focussing on some fills closer together to try to find some restriction for me, but it hasn't made any difference. They suggested that a few small fills close together may make a difference so we are trying that....as my others have been spaced out...

Next Monday I will be at 13 months post surgery...am hoping by then I will also have lost the dreaded 11lb I put on during holidays in august :rolleyes: I have lost 10lb of it in 2 weeks but going back to liquids only slows my weightloss....

so if you can cross everything you have that fill number 8 tomorrow will bring a little bit of restriction....if not lots I'd be really grateful! :) :D

Fingers crossed for you lovely - I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Good luck TK X

thank you :)

I weighed in quickly this morning as I like to check how accurate my scales are to the providers and I have lost a bit more since weigh in last Friday so have now lost the 11lb I put on during holiday...

Lets hope this fill will give me some help re hunger lol

I'm so crossed I'm twisted lol

Good luck Kat x

Well done on the loss Top_Kat and I have everything crossed for you - keeping positive that this will be the fill that does it for you!

Justine x

Good luck..

goodluck and hope this fill is the one for you, have they xrayed and checked your band is doing the business I cant believe you don't have restriction yet I so respect the will power you have had and very well done on getting that11lbs off xx

goodluck and hope this fill is the one for you, have they xrayed and checked your band is doing the business I cant believe you don't have restriction yet I so respect the will power you have had and very well done on getting that11lbs off xx

Thanks moomoo - I had a strange occurrence with my band back in April time when it actually felt really tight but I was also ill so put it down to that as such I struggled to eat anything and so I spent a week on fluids, and then literally over night I went back to being able to eat anything and everything.

When I went back to my provider for a further fill, he emptied it completely, firstly to check it hadn't leaked or that the same amount was in there. It hadn't leaked as the saline came out clear and there was the full amount in there.

But no, we've not had any xray's done yet, they want to try doing a few fills close together. As I've always used my willpower and have been losing, I've stretched the fills out, so its been 2 often 3 months between them. It has been suggested that trying them closer together may help, because if we are close to the sweet spot (which over 10mls in a 14ml band shouldn't be far off) they said that if I do it smaller and more regular it may be that I will just "hit it".

There are two other women I know through my provider who are at a similar point, 10.8mls and a 10.75mls in their band, although they are about 8/9 months out from their surgery. I've got 10.5mls in mine but am nearly 13 months out.

But I'm going to go today and hopefully get a little bit, even if its a 3rd of a ml to see if that will help. The only difference I have noticed since the last fill is that I did notice it when I ate a wrap the other day. I don't normally do carbs or bread, but having taken up running and in addition to a double gym session I really needed something with substance and I actually felt myself eating it which I don't normally do, so it maybe that I am close to something LOL but it hasn't taken away the hunger - am hoping a little boost today may help hit that point.

I will book an appointment for 2-3 weeks again for a small amount and cancel if this fill helps, but if not, I will give it to about 15 months out and then say I want a check done under xray which is included in my care package. I don't want to leave everything to late to then have to pay when it runs out. Although if there's an issue band wise, I have band insurance :)

I'm just hoping that I will get to a point where the band itself takes away some of the hunger . . .the holiday and August wiped me out, took me off focus and I paid the price in terms of weight gain but also in terms of where my thoughts were. I'm back on track but I don't want to go back to that feeling, so I'm hoping that the band and a fill and a bit of restriction will give me the helping hand as I work to get these last 3 stone off.

:)

Good luck Top Kat, I hope that the new approach will help. You've done so well without restriction, you really are an inspiration to us all.

I think you deserve to hit that sweet spot.

from just reading thru do they aspirate all the fluid in your band at every fill? my clinic do so they keep a close eye on whats what?

it should really help with hunger because when you hit sweetspot it such a small amount of food that gives u satation that if you do get peckish a few mouthfuls takes care of it. I have a 14ml band my most restriction came at just under 9mls over that and I couldn't drink, I did however prefer extremely tight restriction I could only eat maybe one teaspoon full of chicken 2 or 3 desertspoons of potato and veg at that restriction and that worked well for me that took about 5 fills to get too and I had 6 weekly fills to maintain that often with just a dribble in to tweek, now im totally empty but because of the slippage some days I can eat full dinner plate others like yesterday I got one fishstick in and that was it for afternoon crazy how it goes and how individual it is.

from just reading thru do they aspirate all the fluid in your band at every fill? my clinic do so they keep a close eye on whats what?

No, they don't do that as a matter of course, because as they have found complete aspirations can effect any restriction that was potentially there (this is what we believed also happened after the defill earlier in the year) even though it was only a temp defill. It is known that a complete defill for surgery or pg etc that it can take a lot more to get back to any level of restriction, but the nurse was explaining to me last time that even a temp defill can cause some changes because it can cause the band to move slightly too.

As such, they don't defill as a matter of course to check. But, if things don't resolve, I will be getting them to do anything and everything LOL

Back