• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 year surgiversary - pictures

fayz

2 years ago today I had my gastric bypass. I was terrified and excited all at the same time. I can't believe that 2 years have passed and life is good. I believed I'd be one of the few people for whom the surgery wouldn't work at all. I even thought at the beginning, when I was loosing half a pound a week, that my surgeon may have actually forgotten to do the surgery and that I'd been tricked! Of course this wasn't the case and I had 9 months of gradual weight loss. I've lost around 7 stone since surgery and 8 stone from my heaviest. I'm still "obese" and haven't had the desire to push myself under my current 31bmi. This was never about how I look, it's always been about my health and I've achieved my goals of coming off my diabetes, cholesterol and blood pressure tablets. My battle with food will continue all my life. But I'll keep doing my best to maintain this weight, walk lots and eat sensibly. Good luck to everyone starting their journeys and I hope you achieve the goals you've set for yourselves. Here's a picture of before.

Attachments

• image-1653925857.jpg
    image-1653925857.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 173

Butterfly_lady

Congrats hun, glad your health is much improved xx

ladilindy

Happy surgiversary, you look amazing and well done on getting rid of all your meds, that is one of my goals

Lynn x

los in it

Happy anniversary to you!

weegie

Happy surgiversary. What great achievements coming off your meds and looking good and healthy at the same time. :) Inspirational to those of us at the beginning of our journey.

Where were the photos taken ? It looks familiar.

fayz

Happy surgiversary. What great achievements coming off your meds and looking good and healthy at the same time. :) Inspirational to those of us at the beginning of our journey. Where were the photos taken ? It looks familiar.
Thank you Weegie. The photos are in Rhodes. Beautiful place, especially in the old town.

weegie

Thank you Weegie. The photos are in Rhodes. Beautiful place, especially in the old town.

Ah can place them now, my best friend's son got married there so wedding photos taken in the same place :) its lovely. Might take a boat trip over next time I am in Turkey.

:)

Pollyann

2 years ago today I had my gastric bypass. I was terrified and excited all at the same time. I can't believe that 2 years have passed and life is good. I believed I'd be one of the few people for whom the surgery wouldn't work at all. I even thought at the beginning, when I was loosing half a pound a week, that my surgeon may have actually forgotten to do the surgery and that I'd been tricked! Of course this wasn't the case and I had 9 months of gradual weight loss. I've lost around 7 stone since surgery and 8 stone from my heaviest. I'm still "obese" and haven't had the desire to push myself under my current 31bmi. This was never about how I look, it's always been about my health and I've achieved my goals of coming off my diabetes, cholesterol and blood pressure tablets. My battle with food will continue all my life. But I'll keep doing my best to maintain this weight, walk lots and eat sensibly. Good luck to everyone starting their journeys and I hope you achieve the goals you've set for yourselves. Here's a picture of before.

Well done with your weight loss I'm just beginning my journey.I also had my bypass for health reasons I have diabetes, high blood pressure,high cholesterol and arthritis so hoping to get off some of my medication and feel healthier in the near future good luck with your journey :)

NorthamptonGirl

Happy surgiversary!

You look great x

fayz

Well done with your weight loss I'm just beginning my journey.I also had my bypass for health reasons I have diabetes, high blood pressure,high cholesterol and arthritis so hoping to get off some of my medication and feel healthier in the near future good luck with your journey :)
good luck Pollyann. It's certainly possible to get all those conditions under control. I wish you every success x

BFB

Wow, well done, looking fantastic. Happy surgiversary. Thanks for posting pics, it really inspires me :)

fayz

Ah can place them now, my best friend's son got married there so wedding photos taken in the same place :) its lovely. Might take a boat trip over next time I am in Turkey. :)
I did exactly this - boat from Fethiye to Rhodes. Am now back in Turkey and loving all the delicious food.

fayz

Wow, well done, looking fantastic. Happy surgiversary. Thanks for posting pics, it really inspires me :)
Thank you. I found pictures so helpful too. Helps to focus your own goals. It also helped me to be realistic. I'll never be thin but I feel "normal" and that's thin enough for now.

fayz

Thank you. I always found pictures helpful too. It helped to focus my mind and helped me be realistic about my own goals. I'll never be "thin" but I feel "normal" and that's thin enough for now.