• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 yrs POST BYPASSERS- LONG TERMERS

chrisa

I would just like to ask if I will ever feel warm again. Will we not be shivering and cold all the time. THe only time i am warm is when I have had a hot bath, or a mommentary hot flush the rest of the time I am chilled to the bone, I eat healthily and I take all my meds I have to, just wondering if this will change at all I am now 17 months out. ;)

No help at all this time Chrisa, did feel the cold a bit but not a lot more than usual. Hopefully you will feel warmer soon

M

Snap!! Toonerwife.. I also had surgery in August, and now I'm always cold. I know they say that it's due to the loss of all our body insulation (fat) and such a low calorie intake , which is not enough to generate body heat, so unless we start eating "normally" again (heaven forbid). I would think we will stay cold.. Mind you I'm not complaining! It's a small price to pay for the weight loss... But once I get as far along as you Chrisa, I'll be fed up with the shivers too I'll bet..

Is that true Amanda? I am always freezing, pretty much like you Chrisa, I have 3 duvets on my bed, and always under a duvet when I am chilling (literally) on the sofa. I put it down to getting older, never thought in a million years its cos I've lost the weight. But of course it makes sense when you think about it,

I've been in thermals since mid September at the latest as I'm always frozen lots of layers keep me going so I can occasionally shed one if I get warm. But as a downside if weight loss or continued obesity I'll take feeling the cold any day.
I joke with friends , family & colleagues my body is still learning to adjust to the lack of personal insulation. It's so true.

yep it's true or at least that's what surgeon told me. It makes Sense if you think about it. All those layers of body fat that kept you insulated disappearing, and calories convert to energy which produces heat so less calories less heat.. I Was only prepared for it because I had read about it in a thread on here before I had surgery, hence the investment in a heated duvet, which I am snuggled up under right now LOL!!

sent From my Galaxy Note 2GT 7105 LTE

I would just like to ask if I will ever feel warm again. Will we not be shivering and cold all the time. THe only time i am warm is when I have had a hot bath, or a mommentary hot flush the rest of the time I am chilled to the bone, I eat healthily and I take all my meds I have to, just wondering if this will change at all I am now 17 months out. ;)

Ditto for me. :sigh:

I was never a warm person before the op but get really cold now like I haev a broken boiler with no thermostat working. Should I give the gas board a ring haha?? xx I have gon einto my longjohns under work trousers have had thermal vests on since September time not ben out house today xx

I've got 2 pairs of socks on, am under my duvet and my feet are still blooming freezing, however this is still preferable to being 28st!

I'm wearing a thermal vest and leggings and then a fleece pyjama bottom and sleep sweatshirt lol. And a fleece robe until the heating went on! Love that I can though - this many layers preop and I would have looked like a bowling ball and felt like one!

I have always had fab circulation and been warm even on the coldest days. Now I have 2 blankets (one electric) and a hot water bottle in bed and am just about ok. It's another very weird change since the op!! But I will take cold over excess fat any day!!

Yep I'm the same. Freezing my bum off. Currently got the heating on max, electric blanket on, wearing a fleece onesie and a fleece dressing gown with the hood up. Plus thick slipper socks. I'm still cold, considering gloves. I'm going to heat up one of the dogs heat pads for her arthritis so I can get her to come cuddle up with me in bed lol. She can be my hot water bottle :D Seriously though I think this is a life time thing now but again I agree with Cath, much rather be cold than have the weight back that I've lost :) xx

The best thing I have ever bought since my surgery is my electric heated duvet!! I was really worried about spending so much money on a duvet, but it already has been worth it's weight in gold. I snuggle up under that and the shivers disappear and I'm warm and snug.. On a day like today instead of having the heating on and costing me a fortune, I shall be curling up under my duvet this afternoon to watch a movie and I'll be snug as a bug in a rug lol!! Never have felt comfortable about electric under and over blankets but this duvet is totally different... Cannot recommend it highly enough xx

I got some little slipper socks for Christmas just like little footlets with wool lining I pout them on after a bath and jim jams and then have some knittet boot/slipper off my mam for Christmas pull them on top and my feet stay warm til I go to bed they are lovely. I am only fully warm after a hot bath, the shower just doesnt do enough x

I must be weird then os I don't really get that cold , don't have the hot sweats I had pre op either

Back