• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2007 bander starting over

Thanks tweety and fay :)

I'm feeling really positive at the moment. Have had some tummy pain last night, wish I knew what causes it. Will me turn it when I go for a fill as I thought that had all stopped since the defill.

Think I have eaten too much bread this week. I'm only having tiny bits at a time with a meal but maybe the gluten doesn't agree with me. So today I'm staying clear of wheat to see if it helps.

Food today will be..

Breakfast - smoked mackeral strip with a poached egg

Lunch - bolognaise sauce (no pasta) and courgette

Dinner - chicken and sweet potato

Will have a Greek yoghurt as a snack if needed and maybe some fruit as I do get hungry.

Wi this morning and is said 24.6 which is great as when I came back from holiday I was 25.5 at least I'm not the 28st I started at :)

Your doing so well. It can be tough I'm 8 months after band fitted and I've had a bit if a wobble lately but went back had a fill and started fresh, so far so good but maybe starting to realise I'm better staying away from bad food chocolate crisps etc completely as once I start on them portion control tends to go out the window!!

Good luck hope you have another positive day x

Yes I have to stay away from those things too hun. At least you are starting a fresh 8 months out not 7 years like me! I would hate anyone to struggle for the length of time I did and really it was my own fault- although my provider were not helpful in my opinion. But now I have been given another chance with proper support I really don't want to waste it. I can't buy chocolate as I will just binge on it.

Yes I have to stay away from those things too hun. At least you are starting a fresh 8 months out not 7 years like me! I would hate anyone to struggle for the length of time I did and really it was my own fault- although my provider were not helpful in my opinion. But now I have been given another chance with proper support I really don't want to waste it. I can't buy chocolate as I will just binge on it.

Must have been so hard and confusing not having the support and advice from your provider. As I'm starting to realise these bands do sometimes have a mind of their own and react in odd ways.

That's my problem is binging on crap food. I think to myself I will buy it and just have a little each day - which never happens!! So I think I need to stop buying if completely so it's not in the house at all. Might buy some light hot chocolate and see if that will satisfy my sweet tooth x

Could have written that myself! I cannot do just one a day so I'm having to be strict. I am quite liking the muller light chocolate desserts for 99 cals and I don't binge on those so that is my fix if I need it. I was thinking about hot chocolate but have never found a light one I like.

Been uber good with food but I'm definitely hungry most of the time. It's hard to feel like that all the time, I realise now I was never hungry pre band and when I was tight!

Going to have a protein shake in an hour and see if that takes the edge off.

Must be quite a shock going from too tight to hungry? Are you eatibg things with lots of texture as that will help full you up and for longer?

Might try those muller lights as you said there not really a binging sort of food. Bought some galaxy caramel hot chocolate powder if you make it with water rather than milk it's about 100 cals for a mug serving but it's lovely and a lot less than me having chocolate etc x

Have decided to make Saturdays my official Wi day as I have been on and off them so much I'm starting to get obsessed! So today's Wi is 24.4 which is another 2 lbs off and 12 lbs since I came back off holiday which is great :)

I am really fighting the hunger though it is driving me nuts! Have made myself a little xmas challenge to try and keep me focused. I want to be under 300lbs by xmas :)

Off shopping in a bit to try and find some mushie foods to take camping that can be kept out of a fridge. Hope I find some stuff that is vaguely healthy!! Might treat myself to a Costa Coffee too :)

Must be quite a shock going from too tight to hungry? Are you eatibg things with lots of texture as that will help full you up and for longer?

Might try those muller lights as you said there not really a binging sort of food. Bought some galaxy caramel hot chocolate powder if you make it with water rather than milk it's about 100 cals for a mug serving but it's lovely and a lot less than me having chocolate etc x

Morning hun :) Yes it is a shock. I also burped lots and realised I hadn't been able to pass wind up for years which I'm sure contributed to the pain! I am trying to eat the right textures. This morning I had smoked mackeral and an egg. I don't want too much crackers and bread but perhaps I do need to find something more crunchy?? It's bloody hard work trying to find foods that work! I did feel really full after a small bit of spelt and rye loaf and some ham one day but it cost me more cals than I would like.

They are nice the mullers, they also do a fudge one for 99 cal. I might look at the hot chocolates today and see if anything takes my fancy but it has never been something I'm that bothered about.

Feeling really chuffed this morning! Another 2 lbs off according to my scales and also I had a buffet lunch after church and served myself a little bit more than I should just because I didn't want to look weird and still ate just what I needed! Also turned down all the cake and had watermelon for the dessert. It's a real move forward because often in public I would eat more than I should because I was so worried about what people think, but I am fully embracing band living!!

Just bring on the fill so I'm not fighting hunger! X

Yey well done!!

Sounds like you've had a really positive day!

I struggle with eating in public because I always think people are watching/commenting on how little or how slowly I am eating but I'm sure people commented when I was eating far too much so would rather it was this way around.

From a really silly self conscious perspective I'm also worried they are thinking she didn't get fat eatibg like that! Like I said it's an unpleasant thought and u hope these things will improve as I contains to lose weight and feel more confident.

When's your fill booked for xx

Totally understand those feelings! Glad it's not just me! I'm having a barium xray and fill on Wednesday. I'm nervous because I was tight before but I'm sure I'm in yellow and a small one will be fine. I trust my new Dr and nurse :)

Morning all :)

Well had a bit of a leaving party last night and so did indulge a little in wine and nibbles but I'm happy with that as I felt I chose to do it. Back on it this morning with vengeance!

Because we are moving I'm trying to use things up in the cupboards so I think we are going to have some strange meals over the next few weeks lol!

Ooo not long to wait until your fill. Sure they will take it slow with volume of your fills so you don't go back to bring over tight.

Glad you enjoyed some wine and nibbles you can deprive yourself of everything otherwise you will end up miserable and binging. At least this was it was only a little of what you fancy. I'm interested to see what meal combinations you come up with over the following days!!

I am struggling so much today! I'm so hungry and it really is hunger! Maybe it was indulging yesterday??

I have lots of soups and beans mushed up planned after my fill! Not going to enjoy that but if it means I don't feel hungry I can't wait!

wowee what a journey sounds like your doing great now tho! well doen hope this can be your fresh start! Good luck! x x

Thank you :)

Had a crazy but successful couple of days. Today only had about 900 cals and feel fine. That is low compared to what the nurse says but I have chosen good foods.

Tomorrow is the day I find out if my swallow and oesophagus is ok. Really hoping I've not done any damage from being too tight over the years. Anyway all being well I will get my full if everything is ok. Fingers crossed! Got lots of stuff in for liquids as I'm being positive :) not looking forward to the barium though.

Thanks hun! I'm excited to get it done now.
I'm not allowed to eat or drink anything for 6 hours before the appointment so I have got up early to make sure I have had a fair amount to drink and I'm now treating myself to a breakfast of smoked mackeral pate and ryvita! Yummy :)

Back