• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2007 bander starting over

Had my xray! Everything looks fine and got a small fill. Just about to try out a coffee :)

Here we go the next step. I know I now have to prove myself and I will xxx

Just want to put down some thoughts now I've got through today....

I'm feeling reassured that everything looks Ok from the barium xray but it does make me wonder about the complications they warn about. With how tight I was for so long and some of the food I ate and how much over the years I'm very lucky to be Ok, but maybe they still have lots to learn. And maybe I'm not as bad as I think! I'm very hard on myself. The nurse reiterated that to me today.

So today is day 0, a real fresh start. I'm going to give this band 100% and see what I can achieve. It is only after everything I have gone through that I really realise what this surgery means, and how to live as a bandster. I think that the private companies should insist on more of a vetting process and include mental health stuff. Reading some of the posts about funding I wonder if I would have ever made it through...certainly not back then. But slowly over the years I have started to deal with food demons and I feel like now is the time to really go for it.

I feel disappointed in myself that it took so long to get my head straight but now I'm not battling the band I can concentrate on befriending it! I'm sure I will have difficult patches but this is it, no more messing!

So the plan is liquids for 2 days then mushie for 2 .

Glad everything went well with the fill and barium swallow. Must be such a relief to know everything is ok! Time for your fresh start! Good luck on liquids x

Good luck hon were all rooting for you.

Hey hun sorry not been around passed week been manic and had a bad news sort if week.

So pleased your fill went well. How you been this weekend? When can you mind into mushy foods? xx

Love reading your diary it reminds me a bit of me xxx

Back