• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 Month Post Op

Mia2013

Pre op

Starting my pre op liquid diet tomorrow. My journey begins, I wonder what I will be like this time next week

Ha ha...hungry and grouchy if you are anything like me! Lol. Got my op on Sunday, on day 10 of my 600 cals a day liver shrinking diet and it has Ben the toughest 2 weeks of my life! But so worth it, have lost nearly a stone and I proper realise how greedy I was before. Good luck, when your feeling down or tempted just imagine yourself strutting around in a bikini next year! Lol, worked for me x x

Ha ha...hungry and grouchy if you are anything like me! Lol. Got my op on Sunday, on day 10 of my 600 cals a day liver shrinking diet and it has Ben the toughest 2 weeks of my life! But so worth it, have lost nearly a stone and I proper realise how greedy I was before. Good luck, when your feeling down or tempted just imagine yourself strutting around in a bikini next year! Lol, worked for me x x

Don't think I will ever wear a bikini again but I can dream.... I only have to do a week and my op is on Saturday. Good luck with yours x

New life.......Day 1

I can't quite believe I am here DAY 1 POST OP........I feel good, a bit sore around the cuts but that's it, once I get home and get some sleep I am sure I will recover even quicker. It's not the quietest of places if you know what I mean. The staff here are lovely and treat you well. I am going home today. Just had the injection in the tummy, stings a little but not too bad.
I am lucky in the fact I don't need to loose loads of weight it's the quality of life I am trying to regain. I suffer from ME and have for a few years now and really struggle with diet and exercise. It's a vicious circle I excessive I have to sleep for hours then need to eat to regain energy, not easy !!.

Good luck to all who venture this route for what ever reason......Everyone is different!!!

My husband has been fantastic with my decision and journey so far, he is a good support (and a worrier)........ I will check in and let you know how things are going if anyone is interested of course.......Breakfast time...Smoothie and yogurt. Xx

Welcome to the losers bench.

I know for many people their ME has eased a bit post-op. I hope that happens for you.

I was advised with the injections that, no matter how much you feel it would help, not to rub the injection area afterwards as it increases the bruising.

Take care x

Well done Mia - glad you are feeling ok and yes, getting home afterwards is the best feeling :)

Justine x

I am so glad for you, enjoy every minute of the journey and journal on the site so that we can learn and share from your experience.

I am now 1 day post op and I feel great, a bit sore around the incisions and tired but that's about it. Hopefully it will stay that way. The hospital experience was good the staff were lovely. Now my new life begins and I cannot wait x

glad to hear all has gone well! Speedy recovery wishes to you :)

Not had a good day today....sore and uncomfortable, just wanted to sleep today. I was expecting some not so good days.....lets hope tomorrow is a better day.

Mia, you're only a couple of days out. Take it easy and rest, sleep is a miracle medicine (especially after hospital).
I remember the first few days home I just walked from my bed to the sofa and back. And I was told to rest, rest and rest.
Did you have any painkillers prescribed to ease the soreness?

Hang on in there (not that you have much choice) and if you need to sleep, do it. Xx

Mia, you're only a couple of days out. Take it easy and rest, sleep is a miracle medicine (especially after hospital).
I remember the first few days home I just walked from my bed to the sofa and back. And I was told to rest, rest and rest.
Did you have any painkillers prescribed to ease the soreness?

I have had a shower and clean pj's that has made me feel loads better......and your right I need to relax and let hubby do the running around for a change. Xx

Well done so far Mia, just try and relax and give your body some time to adjust. I was the same for a few days and then suddenly 5 days posts op I was full of energy and ready to go x

Day 5 post op

Day 5 post op.......still sore around the incisions but moving a lot better now......I haven't suffered from trapped wind at all, seems I'm one of the lucky ones thank goodness.....I was considering going back to work on Monday but have decided to give it another week to heal properly. I just want to make sure everything is ok as this is for life. I feel better as each day passes....I have just had a nice surprise on the scales since I started Pre Op Diet I am 16lb down (1 stone 2 sounds better)......well pleased with that. My husband made some soup yesterday, that was lovely and i think I will be having more of that today...... When he does something good he kicks the but out of it..lol Have a nice day fellow loosers .....xx

Well done so far Mia, just try and relax and give your body some time to adjust. I was the same for a few days and then suddenly 5 days posts op I was full of energy and ready to go x

Day 5 post op.......still sore around the incisions but moving a lot better now......I haven't suffered from trapped wind at all, seems I'm one of the lucky ones thank goodness.....I was considering going back to work on Monday but have decided to give it another week to heal properly. I just want to make sure everything is ok as this is for life. I feel better as each day passes....I have just had a nice surprise on the scales since I started Pre Op Diet I am 16lb down (1 stone 2 sounds better)......well pleased with that.

My husband made some soup yesterday, that was lovely and i think I will be having more of that today...... When he does something good he kicks the but out of it..lol

Have a nice day fellow loosers .....xx

Back