• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 Month Post Op

Glad all going well.

I think it was about day 7 or 8 when I had a sudden dip in energy and had to sleep as much as possible for a couple of days so be prepared :-D

Really glad it is going well x

After reading you were taking another week, I though oh maybe I should too...being we were done the same day. But after a day of being out and about I feel a bit better, so I hope I will be ok.

I so need to solve my soup problem though! I wish my husband cooked like yours!

Day 9 post Op....

I had my band which I now call Ferrari........i was saving for a car at the time but paid for the op....Fitted 9 days ago.....I feel absolutely great, a bit tired and sore if I try and over do it around the house but that's it. I have been very lucky and only had the occasional trapped wind.
My husband did such an amazing job of looking after me for a week and making sure I had all my vitamins, fluids and homemade soup every day. I am home alone this week as he had to go back to work, I decided to have the full 2 weeks off because I was feeling a bit rough Friday and could not face going back this week, but as the days go by I am getting better and better.

I have now lost a stone and half since Pre op and feel well chuffed with that. I still haven't felt hungry since the Op which is quite strange to get my head round and have to make my self have my quota of liquids etc.

I feel so positive about my "Ferrari" and the new healthy life ahead of me, my only regret is I didn't do it years ago instead of all the soul destroying yo yo diets. People have already started to notice the weight loss and made nice comments. I get such a buzz. It's the first time in my life I am enjoying being a looser!!.

Love the nickname :-D

It is a grand feeling isn't it! I'm about half an inch off my hips from being a size 20. 5 months ago I was a 26.

I spent time online in those first couple of weeks 'window shopping' for clothes. I spent a 'virtual fortune'

Enjoy that feeling, it just gets better and better every day x

Love the Ferrari name!! I refer to my band as Gizmo!

Sounds like you have been well looked after and you are doing fab!!

Justine x

Thats great news Mia.

Have you managed to get through your daily calories? about 1000?

Only I have been averaging 600-800 if I push it, but seem to have stopped loosing weight. I am wondering if I am not eating enough cals? Myfitnesspal keeps telling me off.

Thats great news Mia.

Have you managed to get through your daily calories? about 1000?

Only I have been averaging 600-800 if I push it, but seem to have stopped loosing weight. I am wondering if I am not eating enough cals? Myfitnesspal keeps telling me off.

I am struggling to be honest...I don't feel hungry at all and have to force myself to eat.....I love milky coffees and bowls of Cornish ice cream so I have a few of those...I have downloaded hat app and yes mine tells me off too....I am sure we will get he hang of it soon and when we hit the mushy stage we should be able to have more of a variety...

Morning Mia and Summerband,

Honestly do not worry about losing at this stage, listen to your body and when you are full stop, hunger will return once you are healing and then you can start to up the calories.

I stopped losing on the second week of liquids, and then again on my second week of mushies. started solids this week and averaging 1200 cals a day plus exercise and this is giving me a loss so far of 3lbs since saturday!

Mia - Be careful with the icecream, i know you don't feel like eating at the moment but you would be much better off with a hot chocolate or soup or horlicks that ice cream. it is a slider food and one which is calorie dense

x

PS I am on that website too, on the left here is my details of my user name, add me as a friend if you like x

sounds like you are doing really well x

Am so jealous of you all....I am 16 days post op now and so hungry! On mushies and have no restriction at all....if it wasn't for the fact I can feel my port I would be questioning if they even put band in! Lol....roll on 28th for my first fill. Well done to all of you x x

New life....Day 14

Feeling really good.......lost a stone and half (since start of Pre op diet). People are starting to notice that's a nice feeling
I have had my first mushy today and loved it.....Fish Pie...yum yum.

Got my date for my first fill.....5th August not sure how I feel about that yet !!!!
Big test today, I am going to a birthday party BBQ......trying to discreetly not eat, I am designated driver so got away with the Alcohol issue. not ready to drink yet.

So glad I have been banded.....should have done it years ago.......food does not rule my life and I am hoping it will just get easier and easier.

I know that 'breaking free' from the hold food had over me is a fantastic feeling.

I had a bypass and now have to remind myself to eat. I can reach for a book without having to go to the shop and buy a box of Maltesers first. I can order a meal at a restaurant and enjoy it more as I've had to think about what I can have and portion sizes, rather than just order a huge mixed grill and chomp my way through and then feel stuffed for the rest of the day. It feels very liberating!

I am so glad your journey is going well xx

First fill

I had my first fill yesterday, I don't mind telling you I was very scared even after reading on here that's its relatively easy.........The nurse was lovely, I made Hubby come in with me, I couldn't believe how easy and pain free it was. I had 1 ml in from the op and she put 3ml in (total 4ml). I only have a 10 ml band in so wasn't expecting that much.
Anyway I feel great, the first drink was very strange I didn't think it was going to go down but I had took too big of a drink, I could feel it go down, very strange feeling.

I hadn't felt the band or any difference in the way I was eating the last week or so and had stayed the same weight loss. I am back on fluids for a couple of days then mushy again and hoping that will give me another boost to concentrate on my intake and portion size. I had been feeling hungry too which I didn't like and after the the drink the hunger.......long may that last, my battle is in my head and I need all the help I can get.

I am now nearly 2 stone down post 5 weeks op..........booked my next fill for 2nd September.......still feeling great and off all other medication which is a bonus for me.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE WISHING YOU EVERY SUCCESS WITH YOUR JOURNEYS. XX

Aw well done you, sound like you are doing fab. I keep reading on here others weight loss and comparing myself....I've gotta stop doing that and remember we are all so different. Am glad ur fill went ok, its nice to get the first one out of the way...at least we know what to expect now! Keep up the good work mia x

Glad it went ok! Do give yourself time between the fills, give it time to settle and if you're feeling ok in terms of restriction etc don't rush them, because it is amazing how much difference a small amount can make, but, the restriction can vary from week to week, and giving it time to settle so you can really know what its like is important with the band :)

Back