• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Message to Myself ... diary to remind me where I have been and where I am going

Thanks ladies we all have a similar destination even though the route maybe different. Maintaining is a totally different mindset I agree Yvessa ... No longer getting all the praise and motivation ... I have to keep my eyes on the prize as I don't want it to disappear, so to speak. I honestly have loved sharing my journey with other lovely people on here :D support and being surrounded by similar minded people really does help, whether the words are nice or sometimes brutally honest and pointed everyone's perspective has been/is valued ... Thank you again xxx

I haven't read you diary yet. I just want to get onto your thread so I can keep up to date. You posted your experiences somewhere else and I'm sure following your progress is going to come in handy. #inspired :0)

Dinner

250 calories, 16g protein. Lemon sole, 60g carrots, 30g asparagus, 40g potato .... Cannot eat it all today. Happy pooches having healthy leftovers :rolleyes:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 23
Only 90% angel ;)

All my own work at the weekend ... Planned in ... 355 calories for 1/8th of the cake ... You can make a cake and eat it :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 25
It was. LOL I don't even normally like cream, but whisked with egg white and vanilla it was beautiful and not too bad calories-wise. I am inspired by great British bake off :rolleyes: wonder what tomorrow's show will bring :D

Maintainers Breakfast

100g mango yoghurt, 15g bran flakes, latte with 200mils semi skimmed milk, 255 calories and 13g of protein ... A lower fat equivalent would be c 50 calories less, but I don't limit fat or carbs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 21
Oooooooops ... Confession

The band does work, but the brain doesn't change. A weeks holiday....and five pounds gain. Daily clotted cream Icecream and a huge Devonshire size milk mountain consumption of fudge ... Been and bought lots of fresh fish and veggies this afternoon ready to be a good bandit again from tomorrow :sigh:

But just think of how much harder it would have been to lose it without the band.

Everyone loves a good bandit :) don't beat yourself up get straight back on it :) it was your holiday so in my book its allowed lol You have done so amazingly well ........its good to read about a long term successful bander x x x x enjoy that fish n veggies x x x x

I look better for the gain in all honesty ... It's just easy to remember those bad habits :) I had 3/4 a Macdonalds hamburger for lunch today and much as junk food gets a bad rap ... A full one is only 250cals and 14g of protein ... Far far better than what I have eaten for the last week :sigh: hey oh, I no longer do the guilt thing, it's all about moderation. Got a massive pan of homemade vegetable and barley soup cooking now ... Yum xxxx

Glad you had a good holiday! Wouldn't worry about the gain u know it will drop off again. Some treats and junk food are a part of life don't think I could ever say 100% I'd not eat those things again cos I would be lying! X x x

A weeks holiday....and five pounds gain. Daily clotted cream Icecream and a huge Devonshire size milk mountain consumption of fudge :

Now I love my clotted cream ice cream and fudge, but just like a plumber never does any work in the house - living in Devon, I never actually get to eat it. Probably a good thing in weight loss terms.

I agree moderation :) i have my treats sometimes daily but i factor them in so all's good. Nothing worse than being on such a strict diet you cant have anything. For me i feel this is real life now and having a little of what i fancy is fine, i don't want to feel deprived for the rest of my days lol mmmm homemade soup yummy :) x

Holiday gain lost. Whoop :massmoon: 5 of those bad boys gone again

Hi flutterby hope all is going well.just wondering how much fill u have in your band that u r going to live with permently I don't seem to b able to get it quiet right I don't want it to tight for a long time but if its not tight enough it doesn't help much.

I had my last fill over 2 years ago and that took me to 10.5 mils in a 14 mil band. I still get hungry sometimes tbh but the band limits me eating too much. I can eat well over 2000 calories (prob 3000) a day if I eat /drink the wrong things but if I stick to high protein and band friendly foods 1600-1700 is about spot on for me to maintain and feel satisfied. I do sometimes get tempted to consider another fill as I read the fill 'disappears' slightly but I quite like this level, i am in control just with the band in the background to stop me going really off the rails Been pretty good tracking all my food since I gained holiday weight a couple of weeks ago taking me to 10.3 and I am now back down to 9 8 without tooooo much effort :) I think Mimi that a lot of people are tempted to go too tight. That frightens me :eek:

Yes it scares me too I don't want to have problems in the future with band cutting in to the stomach.

Glad to have read this. I have a 14 ml band with 7.5 ml in. I am going for a fill next week and was wondering how much they will put in. I can eat a full English breakfast and a full plate of mince and tatties. Though I do try not to...but on the odd occasion I have eaten far to much with no adverse effects. I can eat anything at all without bringing it back up. My dietitian said I defo need this fill

I do get hungry but most of the time I'm ok once I eat.

Worried about the band cutting Into my stomache as well

Thanks for the I fo

Back