• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A quick question

wobbles

I'm just wondering, i will be finding out if i'm approved for funding soon, and i'm hoping to have my surgery with Prof. McMahon at Nuffield, but am i able to request that, or do i get assigned a surgeon at whatever hospital and i have to stick with that, or will i have a choice?

TIA

I'm just wondering, i will be finding out if i'm approved for funding soon, and i'm hoping to have my surgery with Prof. McMahon at Nuffield, but am i able to request that, or do i get assigned a surgeon at whatever hospital and i have to stick with that, or will i have a choice?

TIA

Hi Tia, good luck with getting your funding! I think if memory serves me correctly Im pretty sure that the government fetched in some type of legislation to give patients more choice on who and where they have their op, will have a nosy and get back to you! When will will you find out about the funding?

Yes, the Patients Charter gives you the choice os if they try to assign you to someone you don't want, then ask for who you do want. I had my gastric bypass with the Prof 11 days ago and I feel as though I have had no surgery at all, apart from not feeling hungry. I had no pain at all, just very, very slight discomfort for a couple of days, and since then i have felt great!! Good luck with it all!!

Hi Tia, good luck with getting your funding! I think if memory serves me correctly Im pretty sure that the government fetched in some type of legislation to give patients more choice on who and where they have their op, will have a nosy and get back to you! When will will you find out about the funding?

LMFTO Caroline you make me laaaarrrfffff.

TIA = thanks in advance ;)

Thank you for putting a massive grin on my face this morning :D

Hi, thanks ladies. I found out on Monday i have been approved for surgery and have an appointment with Dr Pollard at St James on the 1st september. I asked if i was able to request which doctor i saw, but was told that no, i don't have a choice, so i guess i'll be sticking with Dr Pollard.
Has anyone ever seen him before?

was just laughing cos you thought tia was wobble's name ;) didn't mean anything offensive :D

dont worry hun, just me with a temperature, second rule for me not to post on her!!, first one is not to be drunk, second one not to be ill lol. p.s got hold of the vits that you told me about thanks for the tip!

Back