• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A very uplifting day, if I do say so myself !!

Hi Bonita

Big hugs to you, you have been so brave and you are right to post this. People should know about every true story related to WLS.

Congrats on weight loss so far xxx

Hi Bonita

sort of kinda lost for words really. It was right of you to share your story. I'm so glad you are getting through it ok and that you still dont regret it.

Without making light of a very serious situation, you sounded like you were in the middle of a zombie movie shoot!

I don't know what I would have done as a bystander witnessing you covered in all that blood let alone your poor husband, it must have been terrifying for him as much as you.

I think one of the lessons I take from your experience is, if when I have my wls done there are any complications, just go straight to the hospital that performed it and not my local a & e.

Take care Xx and thanks once again for sharing

Hiya Bonita, i am so sorry you have gone through such a terrible time with your wheight loss surgery. I applaud your courage for not regretting this surgery even after all you have been through. Good luck for friday and i am sure in 6 months time this will be a distant memory as you step on those scales and watch your wheight disapear. Lots of hugs and healing thoughts janey xx

Hi Bonita,
Thanks for taking the time to post yout horrifying experience.

I must admit It made my insides churn when reading your story but it has not put me off!

You sound has though you are slowly getting better, I do hope you don't have to have anymore surgery I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.
Could you try some savory build up complan soups these have lots of protien ect in them.
I send lots of ((((cyber hugs)))) get better soon.

xxx

Hi Bonita so sorry to hear of the trauma you have experienced post op
I have seen your problem in surgery only three or four times in the many years I have nursed, it can happen with any procedure when there is a large haematoma present and your sounded huge. My own daughter had one after having her appendix out and they drained two and a half litres from her abdomen so I know from both sides of the fence how scary it can be for patient and family.
Thank you for your honest and candid account of your experience.
As you say this surgery is not one you take on a whim, as it is a major surgery.
If you help one person recognise their symptoms post op before they become as serious as yours then you have done a good job Bonita.
I hope you are soon sorted out, and wish you lots of luck and sending you BIG HUGS and hope the rest of your recouperation goes well

Jay xx

Thanks for sharing your story Bonita. At least you know now that you have the inner strength to get through this, you can cope with just about anything life throws at you. I hope you can close the chapter on all the bad stuff and get well and slim now without complications. For protein I relied on shakes but I didn't have problems with bleeding. You have really been though the mill.
Your surgeon and his team are probably the best ones to give you advice. Hugs and healing wishes for you. (((Bonita)))

Hi Bonita, I am sorry you have had such a hard time after your bypass. I really admire how brave you have been through it all, I know for a fact I would be wallowing in self-pity, I am a pure wimp when it comes to pain.:eek:

I will keep you in my thoughts over the coming weeks, hopefully after this hurdle the rest of your journey will be problem-free.:)

Last edited:
OMG Bonita...don't know what to say :eek: apart from please get well soon...your family must have been so afraid for you...sending you all :hug99::hug99::hug99: xx

OMG Bonita, Its very awful what you had to go through that much trouble and i hope none of us faces the same problems. Thanks for sharing your story so frankly as it will help us understand the risks with the op. Also it will make us strong if something goes wrong as we know how you have dealt with it. I hope you are doing well now. lots of hugs for you.

I really hope everything starts to heal very soon for you. I cannot thank you enough for sharing your experience with us. We need know the truth and possible consequences.

OMG Bonita! That is just horrific. You are so brave. Thank you so much for re-living those awful experiences to post them here. Don't worry Bonita, you haven't scared anyone off their surgery - it's so important to know just what can go wrong. Good luck with the rest of your treatment and healing. You are a star - there's no doubt about it! Zxx :winner:

wow, what an amazing story!!!! i'm so pleased to see a true story on the forum about about how things don't always go as planed..... im really glad to hear that you are doing so well, please keep posting :)
love tasha xxx

I'm so sorry you have had such a bad time but you did the right thing telling us all, thanks. I hope to have surgery this year and whilst your story has just scared the life out of me it has not put me off at all. The benefits will be worth it, I'm sure of that. I hope the worst is behind you and your soon out shopping for that new wardrobe!! :)

Hi Bonni, I think this is what needs to be said, I know you had a rough time and I feel really bad for you, just think like alot of the girls said, It needs to be said that things to happen that arent said before surgery. How are you feeling now?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Hi Bonni, I think this is what needs to be said, I know you had a rough time and I feel really bad for you, just think like alot of the girls said, It needs to be said that things to happen that arent said before surgery. How are you feeling now?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm feeling ok at the moment Racheal (for everyone else this is my neice..lol).

Thank you so much everyone for your supporting post's, I really wasn't sure whether it was wise to post all that and sorry its so long.

The problem I have now is it's doubtful that they will stitch it back together again, the reason being that although the skin on the outside and inside will knit together, the fat in between won't. This is because its melting at such a fast rate due to the rapid weight loss. Even if they did try and stitch it up again I would have fluid leaking for months to come. So looks like leaving it open it the best option and let it heal from the inside out.

Its a bit sore today but thats because the district nurse couldn't get a prescription for the dressings yesterday and it needs changing I think, but its itching and thats a good sign..lol

Anyway onwards and upwards as they say, I can only get better now and on the happy side, that ugly denim skirt I used to virtually live in.. IS FAR TOO BIG NOW... Ha Ha Ha!!! Going to have a burning ceremony later...lol

OOoohhh we could all stand on the top of hills with our old clothes and light beacons to signify the beginning of a new life - hhmmm sorry I seem to be having a 'moment'!!!
Glad you are feeling better like you are mending. You look after yourself. x x x

Anyway onwards and upwards as they say, I can only get better now and on the happy side, that ugly denim skirt I used to virtually live in.. IS FAR TOO BIG NOW... Ha Ha Ha!!! Going to have a burning ceremony later...lol

NO NO dont burn the skirt keep it for when you get to your goal weight to see how far you have come and the hurdles you have over come.

I'm so glad you posted your story it proves that the "easy option" isn't that easy
glad your are on the road to recovery with:hug99:

OMG Bonita!
Thats just so unlucky what you have been through, but i think its good that you have shared your story with others, You have been so brave, I really hope your on the mend now, Good luck with the rest of your treatment and Hope you recover very soon. You really do deserve a medal, (((BIG HUGS TO YOU X)))

Its always good I think to hear ALL experiences good and bad,thank you for that. I wish you a good and speedy recovery x

Oh Bonnita I'm so sorry! That was just awful. What a dreadful series of events. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better now, and hope the progress continues. Keep your chin up and good luck for the future.
Love and hugs
lizzy

Back