• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A very uplifting day, if I do say so myself !!

Oooo Bonita, what a muddle - you really don't need this too. You will be feeling worse because the infection is in your body - on top of everything else, and the fact that you are recovering from major surgery!! My infection made me feel dreadful - emotional and I passed out at the doctors!! I was on 4 tabs per day for 2 weeks. It did the job though.

Bonita I am so sorry that you have had such an awful time. It is so frustrating when there is so little communication. Sending you very best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I don't know what they think they can achieve by being stupid but do they think that you do not talk to other people about your treatment???? Hope your ok in yourself Bonita and that you have all your lovely family around you - take care hugs with fairy dust to keep you smiling xx

Bonita hun i think its terrible the way you have been treated maybe when u r feeling completely better and fully recovered you can make a formal complaint as you have had such a hard time and i feel for you big time hun.
Hope you start to feel better soon take care and have a good weekend luv Roch xx

I've just had a terrible row on the phone with Anna and feel a bit bad about it now.

She rang me up saying 'Bonita my friend', which got my back up a bit because I don't feel she is my friend at the moment.

She has given me the option of going back into hospital for a further two weeks to have this suction dressing fitted or staying at home with the district nurses for the next god knows how many months while it heals on it own. I got the impression that she would prefer me to stay at home and get the scar sorted out a later date by the way she was talking.

I was getting madder and madder as the conversation went on because of some of the things she was saying, yes its a long way to Walsall from here and yes its expensive for hubbie to visit all the time but thats my decision not hers.

Besides she forgets I'm the one with a huge hole in my stomach, I'm the one that can't go out, not even in the car because the seat belt makes it so sore, I'm the one that can smell this stinking wound, I'm the one thats woken up at night because im reacting to the dressings and really sore and I'm the one thats crying most of the time now not her.

I'm sick of all this and want it over as soon as possible, so for me its a case of hang the expense, get me back in and close it bloody up but in reality its not that simple is it?

Sorry for ranting. I'm just a bit wound up at the moment because in one sense she is right we really can't afford for me to go back there for a further two weeks.

I just don't know what to do.

hi bonita go with your gut feeling and you wont go far wrong and dont listen to someone trying to give you guilt trips if you feel you need to be back there then go !! xxheather

Bonita the decission is truely yours and not Ana's to make if you had not had the conversation with Ana would you have thought bouit the financial implications of you being back in hospital for 2 weeks, finances can always be sorted out at a later date, your health and well being can't. If you think that going back in is the best option then go for it, as it can't be pleasant having to put up with what you have described. The weather is set to get warmer and how will that affect your wound and you mentally.

Hi, you have to put your health first. Besides if you chose to stay at home to avoid the costs who's to say you wont need to go in at some point later anyway. Do want you want and ignore them!! X

Hi Bonita,

I have to agree with the others about health coming before finances, but I do know that when all is said and done its not that simple.

Take your time to think about what is best for you and hubby. What does hubby think you should do?

Another update but no further forward. I spoke to the district nurse who said that they were more than happy to carry on with the Vac dressing but they couldn't fit it, that would have to be done in Walsall and they would need at least three days to brush up as they aren't trained, she said that she had talked to Anna about this and this is what they thought was the best thing to do.

That didn't seem so bad, three days in hospital then home with the dressing fitted, so I rang and left a message on Anna's answerphone to say that I'd do that.

Anna then rings me late this afternoon and tells me that there is no chance that I can have it fitted at Walsall because they have no beds. She suggested that I present myself at my local hospital and plead with them to deal with it. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She knows I've already been turned away from our local hospital.

Tomorrow I'm going to speak to my doctor and see if she can get them sorted out, then if she can't I'm off to the press and the PCT. I told Anna if I don't have a bed by 9.30am in the morning she better tell Mr Khan exactly what I intend to do.

Wish me luck, I think I need it...lol

Another update but no further forward. I spoke to the district nurse who said that they were more than happy to carry on with the Vac dressing but they couldn't fit it, that would have to be done in Walsall and they would need at least three days to brush up as they aren't trained, she said that she had talked to Anna about this and this is what they thought was the best thing to do.

That didn't seem so bad, three days in hospital then home with the dressing fitted, so I rang and left a message on Anna's answerphone to say that I'd do that.

Anna then rings me late this afternoon and tells me that there is no chance that I can have it fitted at Walsall because they have no beds. She suggested that I present myself at my local hospital and plead with them to deal with it. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She knows I've already been turned away from our local hospital.

Tomorrow I'm going to speak to my doctor and see if she can get them sorted out, then if she can't I'm off to the press and the PCT. I told Anna if I don't have a bed by 9.30am in the morning she better tell Mr Khan exactly what I intend to do.

Wish me luck, I think I need it...lol

Bonita give PALS a call in the morning and explain to them whats happening and that if its not sorted you want to make a formal complaint. I'll pm you their contact details x

oh bonita i really dont know wat to say except i hope every thing goes well wen you go back to hospital and this time nothing goes wrong . my hart goes out to you but thank you for sharing it with us we need to know wat can go wrong.i have my bypass soon but you have not put me off just made me more aware . hope you are on the road to recovery now .

Hi Bonita, glad you are able to maintain an assertive attitude despite feeling so rotten. You have been treated really badly. Really feel for you. x

Bonita - take no s**t or prisoners it's your health, your body and THEIR mess. Do whatever you need to do and get your health both physically and emotionally sorted. You are a strong and wonderful person and i know at the moment you don't feel that way but you are and you need this done for you. Sending hugs with fairy dust to keep you safe and just make you Bonita xx

Hi Bonita she said present yourself at your local hospital, why not present yourself as Walsall they are the ones that need to sort it and if they don't find you a bed then contact the press and pct. At the end of the day they need to sort it for you and get you well. Hope you get some answers today thinking of you love Sharron ((hugs)).

Hello Hun, Remember me? Karen, the girl who had the bowel problem. I am so pleased your home if onlyfor an interim period. I bet your hubby is too. Good luck for Friday petal, hope they have some answers.Did the new dressings not work then?

I am doing ok. Obviously, it takes time doesn't it and when its not straightforward it takes that much longer. My trouble is I am so inpatient! I am bored to death at home, I just want to get back to work. The good news is I have lost 2 stone 1lb since my op on the 10th June, so you are right, it is sooooooooooo worth it. Have you heard anything from any of the other ladies who were in with us?
Anyway, sending you a healing prayer and hoping Mr Khan can do something special for you petal.

speak soon

Karen

I've just had a terrible row on the phone with Anna and feel a bit bad about it now.

She rang me up saying 'Bonita my friend', which got my back up a bit because I don't feel she is my friend at the moment.

She has given me the option of going back into hospital for a further two weeks to have this suction dressing fitted or staying at home with the district nurses for the next god knows how many months while it heals on it own. I got the impression that she would prefer me to stay at home and get the scar sorted out a later date by the way she was talking.

I was getting madder and madder as the conversation went on because of some of the things she was saying, yes its a long way to Walsall from here and yes its expensive for hubbie to visit all the time but thats my decision not hers.

Besides she forgets I'm the one with a huge hole in my stomach, I'm the one that can't go out, not even in the car because the seat belt makes it so sore, I'm the one that can smell this stinking wound, I'm the one thats woken up at night because im reacting to the dressings and really sore and I'm the one thats crying most of the time now not her.

I'm sick of all this and want it over as soon as possible, so for me its a case of hang the expense, get me back in and close it bloody up but in reality its not that simple is it?

Sorry for ranting. I'm just a bit wound up at the moment because in one sense she is right we really can't afford for me to go back there for a further two weeks.

I just don't know what to do.

Hi Bonita
When someone who is guilty opens a conversation with 'Bonita my friend' you know she's not going to be on the level.

I have jumped in here and may have missed other replies, but you do what is best for you.

I know the hospital is not on your doorstep, but if you can get this wound healed faster (the faster the better) then go for the hospital option...don't worry about expenses as your health, mentally, physically is more important.

You have been through a terrible time and to be honest they are so lucky you haven't taken them to the cleaners.

All the best hon...take care.

{hugs)

Back