• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A very uplifting day, if I do say so myself !!

Bonita, I am so sorry to hear of the rough time you had. Crikey! You don;t do things by halves do you? ;) Thank goodness you are here to tell your tale and thank you for your honesty. It is good to have the real deal so people can see that it can sometimes go awry. Bless ya :hug99:

Hi Bonita, wow you went through sooooo much and stayed strong. I am going to have my surgery in a couple of weeks time and it brought home to me the seriousness of my decision. Your experience also made me realise that wls is definitely NOT the easy option.
Thanks for the wake up call!!

Bonita i think you made the right decision to publish you know i was behind you all the way. you will get there and i look forward to meet up with you in the future - hugs with fairy dust to you xx

I don't really know what to say, the words holy s*** come to mind but thats not very constructive ;) A truly amazing story and you are still so positive so well done to you and well done on the weight loss. I too live in 1 skirt and about 3 tops and can not wait to burn them for GOOD! My op is Friday and whilst after reading your post I am a tad worried :eek: I know I've made the right decision and if I don't feel right in any way I shall remember your story and demand proper attention!

I don't really know what to say, the words holy s*** come to mind but thats not very constructive ;) A truly amazing story and you are still so positive so well done to you and well done on the weight loss. I too live in 1 skirt and about 3 tops and can not wait to burn them for GOOD! My op is Friday and whilst after reading your post I am a tad worried :eek: I know I've made the right decision and if I don't feel right in any way I shall remember your story and demand proper attention!

Sweetheart you will be fine. As I said I saw at least 30 bypass patients pass through the ward whilst in there and besides Lesleys slight hichup and my silly problems the rest were fine.

Good luck for tomorrow and just think, in a day you'll be on the losing side.

(((HUGS)))

Bonita
xx

I'm so angry. I have just got in from visiting my boys and found a message on the answerphone from Anna.

I spoke to her a couple of days ago when she told me that my bloods were ok so I asked her to check on a swab result that was taken almost two weeks ago. Tonight she leaves a message to say that I have an infected wound and will need to go onto yet another lot of antibiotics tomorrow.

I'm so cross about this, they took that swab ages ago, no wonder I have been so sore and feeling sickly all the time.

Mr Khan might be an amazing surgeon but the aftercare at Walsall stinks. I do wish they would start to communicate with each other, things like this shouldn't keep being overlooked.

I've also found out that the wound breaking down in the first place could very well be due to the fact that I spent so long on the pre-op diet when they cocked up the appointments, again another walsall oversight.

I'm going to be bending some ears tomorrow....lol

oh my god comes to mind , i wish you all the best everything , love ,hugs, drs, pain relief
all my best wishes and positive emotions go out to you.
be well and safe

as for food what about egg white omlette/scrambled egg

Oh my goodness Bonita, you really have been through the mill. But what a dynamic attitude for one who has been so poorly, glad you are taking up the mistakes made with your provider. Really hope you get well soon. Thankyou for sharing this and please keep us updated. x

Feeling very down today. I went to Walsall this morning. Mr Khan had a look and decided that a Vacuum dressing would be the best way forward now. At last I thought (they are supposed to be very good at closing up this kind of wound). However he also decided that my local district nurses should be responsible for setting it up.

Now theres the problem. Our district nurses don't do Vac dressings, patients here have to have them done in hospital and as our local hospital won't accept responsibility and are insisting that Walsall do it, I'm in a bit of a stale mate.

I got very cross about the whole thing this morning, particularly the fact that I have had an infection untreated for two weeks, that shouldn't have happened if they taken the trouble to read the notes. Anna avoided me as best she could because I think she knew I was very unhappy about it.

Came home and tried a small banana smoothie which promptly made me throw up, my stomach is very sore from the seat belt even though I had a pillow and nothing seems to want to stay down today.

There were quite a few people waiting to see Mr Heartland for their initial consultation I noticed, all looking very apprehensive, that made me giggle a bit cause at least I'm out the other end now, they looked so scared all of them....Bless.

On the upside I got weighed and have lost another 2kgs. so thats good.

Thanks for sharing your story like this, I can't believe how brave you are I dont think I could have coped. Have they said how long it could take for you to heal? Hope you feel better soon!!
Xx

Hi Bonita - I should think you could write a book about what is happening to you! Serves them right if you go and rattle a few teeth. Good luck with getting your vac dressing (what is it?) and I hope the antibiotics are effective at getting rid of any infection. I hope everything starts healing properly for you. Big hug, Marion xx

Bonita I am not surprised you are throwing up having one infection on top of the other, did they tell you what the wound was infected with??? You must be absolutely fed up, and there oversight of having the infection treated quickly is appalling especially when you have been through what you have. I think you should complain to the Trust, and or Mr Khan and let them know how ineffective their support team is.
Hope you feel better soon Bonita lots of love n hugs

Jay xxxx

Ive not been around for a few days and am just catching up on the posts. I can't believe what you have been through Bonita you really are so brave to still be positive after everything you have been through. Sorry too to hear that they are still not getting it right for you. I really hope it all comes right soon for you. At first as a pre op when i read your post ( well can't repeat what i thought or i'd be booted off) but you were right to post it has'nt put me off i'm a natural coward and i'm so nervous anyway. Wishing you much better times and sending a very gentle but huge hug from sunny Scotland to help you along the way xx

Why is there some argument about "who" is responsible for making sure you are all stitched up and ready to go? This is just so wrong. you are being so brave Bonita x

Oh Bonita i really feel for you - i think for what you have been through you are totally amazing and yes your aftercare i have to say is s***. Your absolutely right what has happened to people communicating with each other and sorting things out - this is your health for god's sake and they don't seem to be thinking too much of this. I am good and angry for you too - sending you special hugs with fairy dust (magical fairy dust to get rid of your infection) xx

Thanks for your kind thought ladies. I don't know what the infection is but it must be quite a strong one because I have to take the antibiotics four times a day for ten days. The district nurses took a swab the other day so I'll ask them.

I also discovered last night that the nurses at Walsall lied to me. One of the nurses came in to the room where they do the dressings with Anna and said that they had spoken to my district nurse and they were very keen to start the Vac dressing (which is exactly what it sounds like, a little vacuum surrounded in foam, thats inserted into the wound. It sucks out all the gunk and pulls it together at the same time. Bit like a drain with a vacuum on the end).

When I told the district nurses what the Walsall nurses said they went mad. Pauline the senior nurse rang every member of her team there and then in front of me, and not one of them had spoken to Walsall hospital at all so I had been blatantly lied to.

Today Pauline is going to try and get hold of Mr Khan herself and is going to have a go about the way they are carrying on and so is my own doctor so we'll see what happens now.

Back