• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A very uplifting day, if I do say so myself !!

Bonita - that's wonderful! Your story is so inspiring to us pre-oppers. I hope you continue to heal and are rid of your fart machine by the weekend. Take care, Marion xx

Hi Bonita so glad you are getting sorted at last. What an amazing healing process but hope you can leave your little friend behind by the weekend. Take care.

Oh Bonita - that it is truly marvelous it really won't be long now and you'll be able to go shopping in Sainsbury's again!!!!!! lol Take care sweetheart and keep up the good work xx

Anyway all in all I'm feeling so much better, my wound isn't hurting because I don't have a wringing wet packing in it making me sore and I know hopefully this is going to speed my recovery so I'll have a life back soon. The only downside is I can't work out how I can go out into public with this on because the gunk going down the tube doesn't look very nice. You would have thought that they would fit opaque tubes on these things not clear ones. Also every five mins or so the machine farts, which has highly amused my grandsons!!!!! lolol:D:D

I am so glad you got this sorted...but I am so sorry I keep giggling at the thought of you walking around sainsbury's with that machine farting...I can well imagine the faces of the people passing you...My grand-daughters would love it.

But once again...so pleased that you are getting back on the road to a full recovery.

(((hug)))

ps...did you ever live in Bromley, Kent?

Thanks everyone. I genuinely do feel so much better now which is a great feeling.

No Snowcrystal I've never lived in Kent but your not the first person to ask me that. Someone left a message on facebook asking me the same thing the other day.

Must be two of us, now theres a wicked thought...Ha Ha...

Back to Walsall today and had to have Vac dressing removed. That was short lived wasn't it? It seems that some of the skin was growing through the sponge so they thought best remove it.

Mind you I have to say in the week that it was fitted it has shrunk the hole by about half so it was worth it.

Now for the ''GOOD'' news. I got weighed and have officially lost five stone three pounds, I can't believe it. When Anna said that its normal to lose over five stones within the first six weeks I didn't believe her, seems she was right...:D:D

Hi Bonita - was thinking about you today because I was at Walsall too. My appointment was at 11.50, finally went in at about 1.15. What time were you there? x

Hi Bonita, was thinking about you today because I was also at Walsall. My appointment was at 11.50 and finally got into see the team at about 1.15. What time were you there? x x

Back to Walsall today and had to have Vac dressing removed. That was short lived wasn't it? It seems that some of the skin was growing through the sponge so they thought best remove it.

Mind you I have to say in the week that it was fitted it has shrunk the hole by about half so it was worth it.

Now for the ''GOOD'' news. I got weighed and have officially lost five stone three pounds, I can't believe it. When Anna said that its normal to lose over five stones within the first six weeks I didn't believe her, seems she was right...:D:D
wow well done you ! your amazing with what you have been through x

Bonita - fantastic news on your wound healing and your amazing weight loss xx

Hi Bonita, glad yr wound has made some progress. Congrats on massive weight loss - you have certainly suffered for them. Hope fully the next 5 will be lost without pain and infection and vacuum dressings etc (can't quite imagine how those work). Good for you x

Hi Bonita, was thinking about you today because I was also at Walsall. My appointment was at 11.50 and finally got into see the team at about 1.15. What time were you there? x x

I was there dead on the dot of twelve noon. I must have walked past you because I had to go straight down to the treatment room. Did think all the pre-oppers would be thinking I was jumping the queue..lol How did you get on?

Bonita - fantastic news on your wound healing and your amazing weight loss xx

Your not that far behind me hun. How are you feeling now?

Hi Bonita, glad yr wound has made some progress. Congrats on massive weight loss - you have certainly suffered for them. Hope fully the next 5 will be lost without pain and infection and vacuum dressings etc (can't quite imagine how those work). Good for you x

Thank you Jenni. Actually I found the vac dressing quite comfortable because you don't have a wet wound. Now I'm back on the packing its starting to get sore again.

These things are sent to try you...lol

Your weight loss is briliant by the way, well done. xxx

I was there dead on the dot of twelve noon. I must have walked past you because I had to go straight down to the treatment room. Did think all the pre-oppers would be thinking I was jumping the queue..lol How did you get on?

No I didn't - yes I saw you. I was sitting just behind the door! It was my first post op appointment. Went well. They were pleased with me. Got some bio oil samples. Not there now until November. Shame I didn't realise it was you. Take care chicken. Hope you continue to get better. x x

Hi Bonita Sorry to hear the wound was granulating through the sponge that does happen unfortunately but really pleased it has been so successful in the short time you have had it, they are very good.
Hate that you are having to get sore again with the dry dressing but hopefully it should heal really much quicker now.
Bonita I am thrilled that you have lost over 5st already I cant believe it either that is amazing, you must be so so pleased that at least your weight is doing the right thing even though other things are causing or have been causing problems.
Well done Bonita xxxx

Jay xx

Hi Bonita sorry you had to have the machine removed but at least it has started to heal. Could they not have put a new one on? Maybe that is a stupid question because I am not sure what the machine is like. Sorry to hear you are getting sore again having to have the wound packed. Well done on your weight loss it is fantastic.

Yesterday I had to go to the hospital for some bladder tests, I go there regularly and am on first name terms with the staff but not been since I started my pre-op diet so not seen them for a while. They were all very complimentary about my weight loss which felt really good. When I was wired up to the machine I had to sit on this funny seat and the nurse said to me 'you can't be that big, a lot of people get stuck in this chair'. I was so chuffed at that, hope she wasn't just saying it because she knows what i've been through.

Been a good day today, tummy isn't so sore and finding I can move around a lot easier. Even went for a long soak in the bath this afternoon, not supposed to, but changed the dressing myself so that I could and boy did I enjoy it. I also discovered that my bum doesn't hit both sides of the bath anymore which was rather nice.

Its our wedding aniversary today too but as we can't really go for a meal to celebrate (I'm not up to going out for too long just yet anyway), I agreed to give my pet man a good thrashing on the XBox..lol

I also had a call from a magazine that I decided to submit my story to, but will tell you all about that later should they decide to print, bit worried about the gorey pics going to print but still feel that I should publish this story, if nothing else it will shut up those that think this is the easy way out.

The only weird thing about today was for the first time in months and months I actually craved a cigarette. Was only fleeting but it definately was a craving. I was also a little bit hungry this evening which felt odd, but that soon went away with a drink.

I hope you all had a good day too.

Bonita
xx

Fantastic weight loss. Glad to hear things are getting better after all the problems you had with surgery. It is really good to make people aware of complications that happen and its great to read that you are gradually feeling better.

Good Luck over the coming weeks.

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday I was on top of the world, today I feel rotten. Went to the doctor and had my bloods taken, she is concerned that I'm too pale again and maybe not getting the vitamins in I need due to the sickness.

On top of that I got weighed and haven't lost anything since the last time I was weighed. Now that I don't understand because nothing much is staying down at the moment.

Also got the house upside down because we are having a new central heating system installed. I hate mess...:mad:

I told you yesterday that my story is going to be published in a magazine. I've chosen Thats Life magazine. Not sure when its going in (have to proof read it first and they need to contact the hospital for their side of things too), but the headline is going along the lines.... 'If you think Gastric Bypass is the easy way out, think again and read this!'

I was a little peed at someone I know telling me that I was lazy doing it this way, so hopefully this might go some way to changing peoples opinions, we'll see.

Back