• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A watched waiting list never boils

:/ Sorry to hear that. Is that PALS of any use - is it patient liaison or something? Very frustrating - why can't they just give you a straight answer? x x

Getting really pee'd off trying to get an answer on whether I'm on the list or not. The senior consultants secretary has just come back after 6 months off but her email address has changed from Derby to a general NHS one and had no reply so don't know who to contact.

Just so cheesed off

Can you try pals? It took them a week but they finally got back to me with an answer to my questions

I tried PALS they just sent me a stock response saying we've referred you to the surgical management team (back to square one) they will respond to you directly that was nearly 2 weeks ago now, I've given up. I don't think they realise the stress and pressure it puts you under having your life on hold.....

I know some posters have had good experiences with PALS so anything's worth a try unless both of you are under the same hospital/PCT or whatever the PALS service comes under?

PALS at Derby were really good when I was first trying to get some idea on how it all worked when I was first referred so I've just dropped them a line.

I'm due to take some kids away to Uganda at Easter 2014 so am getting nervous about being through the 'settling down/getting used to it' stage out the other side x

I'm not holding out any hope with PALS, emailed them over 2 weeks ago they fobbed me off with a forward onto surgical management team. I chased PALS on Tuesday to ask when I could expect a reply and I'm still waiting for PALS to reply! Hopeless really, in 4 weeks time it will be 2 years since my first appointment and I'm no further forward.

Ops. Ring and ask to be put through to the chief executives PA. then ask for his email address and also the email address for the Medical Director. If you ring the general switchboard they will put you through.

Pals were no help but that could be because they had been told that I had a letter due. It's dated 21 Jan and confirms I am on the list.

On the negative side, just heard one of the Derby surgeons is leaving so there goes the list going down any quicker!

Rang again. No free lists for Feb at SRH and if I find get it done in Feb that takes me over 6 months waiting since gastroscopy in aug. secretary advised she was escalating to management to see if anymore lists could be put on. Hope up get a call soon. She must be sick of me calling but a shy bairn gets nowt!
Hate the lack of control and being unable to plan things.
Changed my avatar to my dog to cheer me up - SAD!!!

:talk017::wow::talk017:

FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Great news ... keep the waiying bench warm for me hun :)xx

Will do. Bit scared now;) xx

I know the feeling. Its only a week away till I get Balloon done & my stomach does a flip every time I think about it... I think it knows whats coming :p

oh great news ! i had my endo in September 13th so im still waiting to hear. Who do you ring? if you dont mind me asking? not sure who im with ive seen Mr Mawhar for consulatant appointment and Mr Schroeder for endo xxxx

thanks

Hi I call Sunderland switchboard and ask to be put through to Mr small or Mr Schroders secretary. Mr Bulipuri is the surgeon doing mine, I was told today and I have never seen it heard of him before! Try it!!! X

Thanks Borogirl, im going to ring on monday as i am off work. Then i might ring every week haa ha see if i can get a date. I was getting a bit worried because some people have said it was getting to over 6 months wait as they are so busy. Im so pleased for you :) xx guess i will just have to be patient xx

Thanks Borogirl, im going to ring on monday as i am off work. Then i might ring every week haa ha see if i can get a date. I was getting a bit worried because some people have said it was getting to over 6 months wait as they are so busy. Im so pleased for you :) xx guess i will just have to be patient xx

Hi try today as they are doing the lists so you never know! I have hounded them. Xx

I would but cant really make that call at work :( will have to wait till monday but i doubt i will be get my op in feb as everyone who had their endo in august will be before me. Thank you though xx i will let you know if i get anywhere

Back