• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

abnormal smear test

loz31uk

hi all i know this aint weight related but im just wondering has anyone ever had an abnormal smear test mine has come back abnormal on letter says its Moderate Dyskaryosis ive got to go for a colposcopy on monday ive got noone to talk to about this as its not happened to anyone i know and im really scared so just thought i would ask on here :cry:

oh honey, im sure you'll be ok. My sister in law had that about 20 years ago, they lazered the cells and shes fine now, they give her regular smears to keep an eye on her but shes fine now, bless you (((hugs))) xxx

thanks caren hun pleased to hear your sister in law is fine now xx

Hi honey ... don't worry too much. :wave_cry: My daughter had a colposcopy a few years ago, after 2 abnormal smears, & after a few laser treatments, she is fine & now 2 babies on :D xxx

shes never had any probs since, finding it early is great, dyskaryosis happens well before cancer appears :) xxx

thanks twinkletwinkle just feeling really nervous about it all xx glad your daughter is fine :)

thats good to hear caren im glad i didnt wait to go for this smear test the last couple i waited n waited before i went for it been all excited lately with having balloon inserted a month ago and losing 20lb then this xx

My friend had abnormal cells a few years ago, she had the laser treatment and has had no probs since. She now has 2 kids with one on the way!
You'll be fine x

thats good to hear caren im glad i didnt wait to go for this smear test the last couple i waited n waited before i went for it been all excited lately with having balloon inserted a month ago and losing 20lb then this xx
20lb? woop! great loss! :)
does a balloon feel wierd? ive often wondered lol

thanks miss hungry its good to hear the positives just wish it was monday now so i know whats what xx

thanks caren xx yea ballloon felt weird at first its just recently settled as now i sometimes forget i got it in till i have summit to eat n im stuffed after such a little portion x

thanks caren xx yea ballloon felt weird at first its just recently settled as now i sometimes forget i got it in till i have summit to eat n im stuffed after such a little portion x
sounds ideal really doesnt it? why do they have to take it out after 6 months? sorry for all the Q's lol xxx

Hi Loz

I had abnormal cells too, amongst other things as I have now had a total hysterectomy including cervix removal. Its so important to get screened regularly.

It is worrying, when we hear the term pre cancerous cells we panic! but cervical dyskaryosis is not cervical cancer. Cervical dyskaryosis means that some cells of the cervix are abnormal, but are not cancerous. The abnormal cells are sometimes called 'pre-cancerous' cells or dysplastic cells. Depending on the degree of the abnormality of the cells, cervical dyskaryosis is classed as:

• Mild dyskaryosis. This is when there are only slight cell changes. This is sometimes called CIN 1. CIN stands for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia.
  • Moderate dyskaryosis (or CIN 2).
  • Severe dyskaryosis (or CIN 3). This is when the cells are very abnormal, but are still not cancerous.
You will be fine, so try not to worry. Take care xx

I have had abnormal cells for around 10 years. I just go to the colposocpy (sorry spelling) clinic for smears and biopsy. Mine have always stayed at cin 1, but my sisters went to cin 3 and after treatment has now had normal smears since. Nothing to worry about and the biopsy is no more uncomfortable than a smear. X

caren they got to remove balloon after 6 months due to the the gas and acid as it could make balloon errupt hun im hoping to be put in for bypass once removed and psychologist agrees to it hun x

thanks mazza and suzie i feel so much better about things now x

Poor you hun but try not to worry about it. My Mum has had laser treatment 3 times over 15 years and always been fine afterwards - just make sure you have regular smears so you always catch it early.

Which reminds me, I'm due a smear - thanks for jogging my memory x

thanks newcy n believe me everytime im due another i wont be leaving it xx

Hunni I had cin 3 cells 17 yrs ago , the area was too big for them to laser in the clinic , I had to go to theatre to have it done . I then had 6 month smears , to yearly & now have regular 3 yr ones ( well over due atm , but as I don't have periods how can I book in half way through a cycle or whenever it'd supposed to be lol )
Anyway I have had 2 kids since , Yes it was a worry at the time , the perfect way to start married life lol , but please don't panic, they can sort it without too much problem xx

Hope all goes well with the treatment Hun. As others have said, I'm sure all will be well.
Hugs

thanks pandora pleased you ok now hun & thanks loubyloo hun x

Back