• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

abnormal smear test

Hi Just to say I'm sure you will be fine. I haven't had a normal smear for ten years, I have had laser twice and colposcopy five times. I have smear tests every six months. The clinics are usually very good and thorough with checks. Hope all goes well. Take care and try not to stress. Best wishes xx

ive had abmormal smear in 2001 (was only 20 yrs old) i had a colposcopy and now have smears every 6 month. the cut the abnormal cells away. cant feel anything but its not nice on ya back with ya legs wide open!!
YOU BE FINE XXX

Hi dont worry, it is quiet common... but you have nothing to wory about... its not a harmful condition and its not cancerous... sometimes you can have a smear and it will show up the condition and a month or so later another smear will show up as clear where it has cleared itself.
if it doesnt it is really easily sorted.. so dont worry hun... its definately not something to worry about xx

thanks you all for your kind words you have all made me feel so much easier about it now xxx

that's why i love it on here they always make us feel better xx take care :)

they sure do angie i feel so much better about monday now x

hi all just an update went for colposcpy yeasterday wasnt as bad as i thought it would be well doc took biopsy said he will write to me in 1 to 2 weeks with results so glad is done and cant wait to get results now xx

hi all just an update went for colposcpy yeasterday wasnt as bad as i thought it would be well doc took biopsy said he will write to me in 1 to 2 weeks with results so glad is done and cant wait to get results now xx
thats great loz :) thanks for letting us know, good luck with the results :) xxx

thanks caren :) think the worse part of it all is the waiting xx

So Glad it wasnt too bad - not had one myself but things like that are always such a worry arnt they. Good luck for the results xx

thanks doughie :)
they sure are such a worry trying not to worry to much til results are back x

I had 3 abnormal smear tests after my last baby was born...he's 26 and a half now so I think that was pre laser treatment. I was worried sick, but it all turned out to be fine. I did have to have a cone biopsy of my cervix before they were happy that I WAS fine, and this resulted in me having very painful periods as my cervix was so narrow and tight. Ended up with a hysterectomy but that wasn't entirely due to the smears; I had a coil that pierced the wall of my uterus and went walkies in my abdomen, so that, along with the pain etc, made a hysterectomy the best choice. I'd had 8 babies by then anyway and was 42 and a grandma of 3, so was happy to have my birth control issues sorted!

Good luck wiv results hun xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

pleased all ok now for ya ruthie :) and thanx tray xx

just an update

hate waiting for things its been 12 days since colposcopy and still not recieved results doc told me a week 2 at most its really annoying x

just an update

hate waiting for things its been 12 days since colposcopy and still not recieved results doc told me a week 2 at most its really annoying x
gawd, thanks for keeping us updated, and on the plus side, if it was bad i think they wouldnt have been in touch straight away :) xxx

Last edited:
thats ok caren and yea guess you right hun but me head all over the place not known xx

thats ok caren and yea guess you right hun but me head all over the place not known xx
yeah i bet, bless ya :( chin up cherry drop :) xxx

thanks hun will try :) xx

Back