• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

after surgery.

lyndajoan

hi will surgery help with most of my aches and pains??

how has surgery help all of you lovely peeps who have had the surgery and lost the weight, i have read how yous are going for long walks even running.:confused::confused:

i sooo wish i can just do a simple thing like walk the shop if i need a pint of milk with out having to depend on people.:cry::cry:

and i hope it eleviate some of this pain i have,
and water retention. x x x xxxx:cry::cry:

Last edited:
well judging by my previous attempts at losing weight and feeling a lot better, im guessing yes :D

Hell yes!You will feel wonderful.I had joint and back pain,headaches,bad guts,skin probs,could hardly be bothered living most days.Now I never keep still.Had no pain meds since surgery,no leg swelling/bad feet.Blooming marvelous.You might be just as lucky.

you will see and feel a massive difference i was munchin anti inflamitries like smarties not had any for around 4 months now its brilliant

You bet it does using a term I learned from this site this week NSV NON SCALE VICTORY
Not carrying an extra 100+ lbs my back no longer aches my legs work and I breathe and move ITS ALL WORTH IT

Well I have only lost 2 1/2 stone up to now but would definitely say YES ... I am just back from a 4 mile walk pushing a pram & feel great. No bad back in the morning either. You will think you are walking on air, Angie xxx

Hi Ive lost 2 1/2 stone so far. Im 5 weeks post op. The things I no longer suffer with are:

No heart burn
No getting up 4 times in the nite to pee
Not having to rush to the loo when I think I need a pee - usually too late!!!!
Ankles no longer swell
No chest pain or shortness of breath when walking upstairs
No more burping or trumping (well only a couple of times a day) but no longer strips paint!!!!!
No more bloating feeling
Think that just abbout does it!!!!

Cont'd

And most of all no more diabetes or hypertension tablets and only 1 injection of insulin a day (used to be 5).
My blood sugars are now in normal figures around 5. When they used to be in their 20's.

aww thanks everyone reading all your posts are isperational, i know this might sound silly but i got very emotional reading them, the thought of not having such

sore swollen legs and ankles,
being able to breath when i move instead of weezing,
not having to take so many tablets,

also not paying through the nose for clothing that goes up to your size, dont get me wrong i dont mind paying dear sometimes but in my size it really is 3 times the price, suppose its cos they use more matereal,

even down to family photos i am always the one at the back hideing behind someone so all you can see is my head.

carnt wait to start on my new path to health hope i pass the surgons once over. xxx

Hi, I suffered from terrible back pain, and have one swollen leg from previous cellulitus which has damaged my drainage in that leg. My leg is still bigger than the other and probably always will be but is half the size it was, and I love to walk everywhere now, when before I was the one who sat in the car watching, or got the lift for one floor! Had to sit on benches whilst hubby took kids around castles etc.. it really does give you your life back. Plus, your other comment about photos - my daughter said "mum, you always want your photo took now, not like before" and my husband the other day said to my friend - the biggest difference for me is "this" and picked up the camera and showed her lots of photos - I love it now - cos the pictures I am seeing are not hideous - I actually like myself a little!!! (or maybe a lottle!) xx Cant wait for you to experience the other side!!

hi will surgery help with most of my aches and pains??

how has surgery help all of you lovely peeps who have had the surgery and lost the weight, i have read how yous are going for long walks even running.:confused::confused:
Hi Lynda

If you're as lucky as I was, you will notice a marked improvement in a very short time after the surgery!

I too suffered with lots of health problems before the Bypass Operation including pain in my back and joints. I could only manage to walk a few hundred yards before I was in bad pain and out of breath.

Literally within 2 weeks of the surgery, I was walking upto 3 miles with NO pain or being out of puff.

Now I am 6 months out and could walk ALL day!:D

My diabetes is under control (NO meds now)
My blood preasure is normal.
My cholesterol levels are normal.
I now only take a parecetomol for a very rare headache (I think I have taken it twice in 6 months :D)

If you check my before photo album on my profile you can see just how much medication I was on.

Now I only take my vitamin and 2x calcium a day!
Oh .. and the occasional movicol for constipation.

Everything changes,,, for the better!

Hi lyndajoan

Pre-op I was 23 stone 1lb that was 5 weeks ago now. In the weeks before I had permanent back pain which impeded me with everything. I have now got rid of 25lb and my back pain has completely gone. I can now walk without being so out of breath. The difference is amazing, I I’m sure its just going to get better
Stavros

Back