• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All went well today at my pre op :)

Hi all soz did not update earlier but was shattered. Yes all went well, only took me 50 mins to get to the hospital so got there at 7.40 and my app was at 9.10, so sat and read in my car, but then tried to walk to the transport unit which is 3 mins walk away then i get a porter as cant manage to walk at all in the hospital but they had not gritted the hospital so could not walk anywhere, then i remembered Meggie told me when her dad was in hospital they had a porter service meet them at the car so i rang up and the porter came and met me at my car and took me to the clinic (Ty Meggie, see we do chat something sensible sometimes in our chats lmao )

Was bricking it as am scared of needles and i physically felt so sick i have no prob with the normal blood tests but the blood gasses one is meant to be very painful and also with the mrsa swab they make u hold up ur belly and swab ur groin, and that worried me as i felt so ashamed beyond belief for them to see my nasty enormous sagging belly, the nurse said to me they have changed things and now for larger patients they swab under their arm in their nose so that was a relief.
I have lost 5 more pounds so that is now 50 lbs since june which am happy about.
I could not do the stress test as my mobility is so bad and getting worse as each month passes, so instead i had another ecg.

The nurse then gave me my admissions letter and booking me in for admission on March 1st and my op the next day, i have to go in a day early for some special treatment to thin my blood.
Am also def on the cancellation list from last week of Jan and i start my 8 week pre op on the 28th Dec, then it will be 8 weeks to surgery :D:D:D

My mobility is getting worse from month to month and its really getting me down big time and just adding to my depression, i wont take anti d tabs as my head is so fogged up with the meds i am on now cant add no more to the equation.
Just hoping and praying i get this cancellation and can have my surgery a bit earlier as i am struggling so much at the mo.

Ty for all ur support take care xxxx

I am glad that your appointment went well. Here's to hoping for a cancellation.

I'm glad to hear that your appointment went well and you got there and back safely. Here's hoping for a cancellation x

Glad all went well Roch.
I hope you get a cancellation but even if not 9 weeks will fly by.
Take care x

:109::47::xmastree::4616:Here is Santa bringing you the best Christmas present ever. Glad everything went well for you Roch, heres hoping for a cancellation for you. Have a great Christmas and a fantastic new year.

Roch so glad you were able to make it to your appointment and it was fantastic you had the information about the porter service at the hospital; Meggie came up trumps on that one for you:clap:

Well impressed you have lost 50lb since June:happy096:

Fingers crossed that you will get a cancellation before March! Still 9 weeks is not too long away from here...

Love Mini xxx

Hey Roch so glad you appointment went well hun was thinking of you:) Not long to go now mate im hoping you get a cancelation:)

Sharon xxx

:) Hi Roch,
I was so,so,so,so pleased that you got to this appoint - well done
You must be mentally & physically exhausted now - I know it does for me when I go out after days of being at home
Here's hoping for that cancellation
Juliex

Hi
sorry what is the bloods gases test ???
omg worrying now

Hi all soz did not update earlier but was shattered. Yes all went well, only took me 50 mins to get to the hospital so got there at 7.40 and my app was at 9.10, so sat and read in my car, but then tried to walk to the transport unit which is 3 mins walk away then i get a porter as cant manage to walk at all in the hospital but they had not gritted the hospital so could not walk anywhere, then i remembered Meggie told me when her dad was in hospital they had a porter service meet them at the car so i rang up and the porter came and met me at my car and took me to the clinic (Ty Meggie, see we do chat something sensible sometimes in our chats lmao )

Was bricking it as am scared of needles and i physically felt so sick i have no prob with the normal blood tests but the blood gasses one is meant to be very painful and also with the mrsa swab they make u hold up ur belly and swab ur groin, and that worried me as i felt so ashamed beyond belief for them to see my nasty enormous sagging belly, the nurse said to me they have changed things and now for larger patients they swab under their arm in their nose so that was a relief.
I have lost 5 more pounds so that is now 50 lbs since june which am happy about.
I could not do the stress test as my mobility is so bad and getting worse as each month passes, so instead i had another ecg.

The nurse then gave me my admissions letter and booking me in for admission on March 1st and my op the next day, i have to go in a day early for some special treatment to thin my blood.
Am also def on the cancellation list from last week of Jan and i start my 8 week pre op on the 28th Dec, then it will be 8 weeks to surgery :D:D:D

My mobility is getting worse from month to month and its really getting me down big time and just adding to my depression, i wont take anti d tabs as my head is so fogged up with the meds i am on now cant add no more to the equation.
Just hoping and praying i get this cancellation and can have my surgery a bit earlier as i am struggling so much at the mo.

Ty for all ur support take care xxxx

am glad everything went wel for u, i hope time passes so fast for u. u deserve this so mch afetr all u have been through xxxx

Back