• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Allergic to food and immune to diets: my gastric bypass story

hi winky i had an e mail off ur mum i think she feels a bit better now so fingers crossed 4 u ok lv georgina xxx

Well, this week has been a mad one! It seems like I have has a million things to do and although the week has flown, I'm absolutely shattered! I was glad to get my exam out of the way today. I should get the result in a week or two, so fingers crossed! One down, three to go!!
I must admit that I've been a bit grumpy today, I think it's just because I have so much on my mind.
I'm pigging out today - pizza, chocolate, coleslaw and lots of wine. I have a massive glass that I'm sipping while I'm typing this! Ofcourse, I'm doing it because I want to fit in all the naughty food that I'll miss and my liver shrinking diet begins tomorrow!! I've been shopping for low fat everything and crispbreads so I'm all sorted.
So, from tomorrow morning there will be offivially a week to go until my op- SCARY!!

lol getting drunk winky hmmm, did u enjoy ur dvd as well?, im getting excited for u now cos ur op is so close now and i know ul b just fine take care xxx

I wasn't that drunk- 2 bottles of wine lol. Watched Shrooms and it wasn't very good. It's quite scary to think this time next week I will be having the operation. I'm gonna try to focus on my Law revision this weekend though!!
Started liver shrinking diet. Had a small bowl of Special K for breakfast and going to have 2 crispreads with light cheese and green salad for lunch - yum yum!

:DOOooohhh, the pre-op diet does not sound like much fun - hope you enjoyed the last wine supper!! Only a week to go - exciting and scary too I guess. Keep us all posted as to how you are doing with it all - will be reading with interest xx

Ohh the post op diet is great- Not! Well, since I knew I was going for the op, or considering it, I haven't stuck to any diet as I wanted to make the most of food. Today has been so hard being on a "diet". I've been wantng to eat all day just because I can't! I've has, as I said, small cereal for breakfast, 2 crispreads with light cheese and salad and a low fat yoghurt for lunch and it seemed like ages between that and tea! Lol. So I've had an apple and some peas (as veg is unlimited) to keep me going! Having a quorn based dish with 2 tablespoons of rice and lots of broccoli for tea. I really can't wait for next Saturday now because I hate feeling hungry. At least it's only a 7 day plan. I remember sticking to diets for years before, I don't know how I did it!!
I nipped to Tesco for some clear soup, which I can also have on the diet. I felt so frumpy in trackie botoms and Tshirt. At least I knew that it would be one of the last times that I will be going out feeling like this. Soon I will be feeling the clothes get baggier and still feeling like I have a full tummy- yipee for WLS!

hi sara just wanted to say good luck on ur liver shrinking diet hun u can do it will av to catch up on msn for some last minute gossip lol, but i know u will be fine, thanx for leaving me a lovely msg in my thread it meant alot to me take care winky xxx

Hello everybody once again.
Well, I'm on the second day of the liver shrinking diet and I feel terrible. I swapped the order that I eat my food today, havinga ayoghurt for breakfast so that I have my cereal/bread later on when I'm peckish. I've had the same lunch as yesterday and then clear soup. I found that it helped fill me up. It's going to be tea time soon so I'm looking forward. Lol. I'm still revising for the exams and am truly fed up of Law. I went to church this morning, but the hayfever was so bad that I wasn't very alert. I've just finished planning lessons for work tomorrow, so should have this evening to revise some more. Sorry that my posts are boring, but this is what it's like during exams. I will hopefully be a lot happier by Thursday night when they're all behind me. Then It will be time to pack for the hospital!!

keep ur chin up winky u can get through it, and it wont be long for u now wahay lol take care lv smiler xxx

Thinking of you Sara - if you can get through a week of pre-op diet combined with the stress of exams you can do anything!! Keep at it x

Thanks to you both! I'm feeling a lot more cheerful today. I got in at 8.30 from work and have just watched 'Fat Doctors' on TV and it was really inspiring so I'm excited now...
Going to squeeze in a bit of revision for the exam tomorrow before bed now. Can't believe I only have 4 days to go until my op day!!

Good luck for the exam tomorrow. Hope the pre-op diet going well too - let us know how you get on. Lots of luck x

Hi Sara
Good luck with op, having mine on the 26th June. Let me know how it goes, I love to hear from someone who's had it done, then I might know what to expect a bit better.

I was reaaly fascinated with what you wrote it was really heart warming. I too feel like I have always been in the 'don't fit in' gang. I have a BMI exactly the same as yours 43. I am 5 ft 10 and weigh 22 stone 5 pounds. But I have got mine on the NHS with no major health probs. I am having it done at the Regency Hospital in Macclesfield which is a private hospital on the NHS. I think they say that if your BMI is over 40 they will do it without any health probs and over 35 if you do have associated health probs.

I hope it all goes well

Helen

Hi Ali,
Thanks for the good luck wishes!!

Hi everyone!
Well, I've been grumpy again today. I don't know what's wrong with me!!
The exam went well, I think. I'll just have to wait for the results.
When I got home I couldn't be bothered revising straight away, so I went shopping. I tested lots of mattresses in bed shops and treated myself to a memory foam one, which was a bargain. I also bought a blender for my post op food. I did an apple when I got home and it's not exactly what I call yummu! Does anyone out these have tips on post op eating? What's nice for vegetarians like me when it's blended? Can you eat baby food? Is there anything I can stock up on to prevent sending Gordon shopping for me? he's just done all the cleaning, so I don't want to treat him like a slave!
I would appreciate your advice!
I'm now gonna have another delicious liver diet tea before I get down to some revision. 2 more exams to go on Thursday.
Thanks again for tuning in...

Hi Helen,
Wow, you're lucky having yours on the NHS! Did I read on your thread that you're based in Warrington? It's not that far away from me as I'm on the outskirts of Manchester and Bolton. We could meet up after my op when I've recovered so that I can fill you in on it all, if you like. I will try my best to keep everyone posted on how the op goes. Georgina has promised to put a post up on minimins when I text her after the op, in case I can't get to the computer for a bit.
I'm looking forward to getting this month over and done with. i could quite happily just sleep all of May and wake up on June 1st post op and post exams!!

Glad to hear today's exams went well and good luck for Thursday's - nearly all done and dusted now and then you can really "look forward" to the op (if you can look forward to such a thing!!) x

Hi Sara,
I love reading about your progress.
Thank you for sharing it with us all!!

Only a few days to go now!:D
I have another appointment with my Dr in two weeks to see if they will refer me, if not i am going to take your advice and go private.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Back