• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Allergic to food and immune to diets: my gastric bypass story

Gastric Bypass tomorrow May 31st!!

Hi everyone!
I am in utter disbelief that I am having a gastric bypass tomorrow! I thought I would be a lot more scared or nervous, but because I have kept busy today I'm just buzzing around like a mad woman and don't even know how I feel, or can't put it into words anyway! Lol.
I've been out to get lots of DVDs to watch (in case I get too excited to sleep) so I'm going to watch them now.
THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH for all your support, encouragement and advice. I really do appreciate it. A few of you have my number, so I will get Gordon to text you as soon as I'm out of surgery and will be in touch via texts and Minimins as soon as I can.
I will see you all on the slimmer side.
Lots of love

Good luck hun, hope you get some sleep tonight!

BEST OF LUCK! i had my banding done monday and it all went fine so im sure u will do great. cant wait to see how u get on. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone!
I made it!Yipee!!
Sorry I haven't been online, but the op made me really tired and I can't snug up on the couch with a laptop as the computer is in the study. My fiancee also had to stay in hospital longer than expected so I'm just getting a little bit closer to normal now.
He won't let me stay on the computer long as he wants to make sure I recover properly, so I will put up all the details as soon as I'm allowed on for a good while.
It all went well though and I'm losing weight. My scars are tiny and I haven't been sick at all!!
Thanks again for all your support!
Speak to you all soon

Welcome back Sara, glad it all went well and you are on the mend. Good luck for a speedy recovery, look forward to hearing all about it xx

so glad to hear from you sara, cant wait to hear all your details. glad you are feleing wonderful and on the way to looking wonderful!!!
super!!!
susie

hi winky glad ur on the mend and im thinking of u all the time, your doing really well so keep it up how was the sheperds pie and plum sauce lol, mandy is now doing well after a blockage, well talk to u soon winky take care xxx

Hi everybody!
I am still under strict instructions not to stay on the computer for long. I am feeling better by the day, but Gordon has said that I only get my freedom back on Sunday in case I do too much!
Georgina, I have new favourites now: Heinz Banana Sunrise baby cereal and liquidized vegetatial lasagne-yum!
I'll fill you all in properly when I'm a free woman again! Lol.

Hiya hun

Nice to see you online but good for Gordon lol bless him xxx

Keep going Sara - you sound like you are doing well, hope you are ok and can hijack the computer again soon, but in the meantime we are all still thinking of you x

Hi Sara

Good to see you on hear even if only for a little while!!!!! will be good to have you back online more often!!!!!!!!!!

M

hi sara, you sound as you are doing very well. hows the weight loss coming? will wait to hear more from you come sunday. god bless
susie

oh goody winky cant wait till sunday lol and that cereal sounds yuk lol, hey but if it works 4u then thats ok hows gordon doing, is it still the blind leading the blind lol, i will give u a ring to c how ur doing, but by the looks of it u dont need advice lol does this mean im redundant? am i no longer needed as ur personal councillor lol xxx

Hi,
Just on for a bit again. Like I say I'll be able to post more over the weekend. I am doing really well. Just a few of the good things since the op:
I haven't been sick at all!
I am sticking to the food quantity rules (even with quirky combinations-well recommended).
I enjoy my food (except smash-yuk).
I have lost 1 stone and a half to date (1 week 6 days post op).
My scars are tiny.
I went swimming today (Georgina I only did 3 laps so don't stress!).
I'm having a gym iduction tomorrow.
I walked the dogs on my own today (freedom!!).
I drove again today - freedom at last!
I had my photo taken for the Manchester Evening News yesterday (for winning Journalist of the Year Award) wearing size 20 trousers (previously size 24).
I can now fit into size 18 t-shirt (previously size 22-24).
I'm working a little this coming Monday.
Some other news not related to the op is:
Georgina is not redundant- you will be my councillor for life smiley!
I sold my house today (after 1 year 10 months on the market).
I passed my Broadcast assignement and Shorthand exam at 100 words a minute.
Gordon's still the same :(
So that's about it for now. Sorry for the bulletin style news, but wanted to keep you all in the picture.
I hope you're all well.

ah winky congratulations on all that u did work hard for it i for 1 am impressed xxx ur supposed to wait 6 weeks b4 u can swim winky i bet u looked a millionn dollars when u had ur pic done keep up the good work im behind u all the way take care xxx

Loving the bulletin - bit like reading the news!! Congrats on all of your successes so far, and heres to many more to come x

Back