• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Allergic to food and immune to diets: my gastric bypass story

Yes Ali and Charliegirl, it's so weird having WLS and not being on a "diet". I am HOPING that the weight will stay away for good, but because I'm so used to it piling on after the numerous diets that I've done that it's hard to get my head around the fact that it probably won't come back to haunt me this time!

Hi Sara

Your pictures look amazing. It was finding and reading your diary that brought me to minis which I have found a great help. Hope everything continues to go well for you

M

Well I've just been shopping and spent the most amount of money on food that I've spent since my bypass. I have picked up pastas, noodles and rice that I'm going to hopefully turn into delicious salads with dry roasted peppers, cashew nuts (yummy), mushrooms, aubergines and onion. I've also got some quorn bacon and hot dog sausages (I still can't eat the proper quorn sausages) to add in for protein too. I've bought some fat free yoghurt, passata and salad dressing to make healthy sauces to put on the salads. I've also got some crispbreads and crackers to take with green salad and soft, herby, low fat cheese or egg mayo for when I don't have time to cook the night before. I've made a conscious effort to buy tangerines, grapes and bananas for snacks seeing as I'm going to be working long hours. So packed lunch is well and truly sorted. I hadn't eaten fruit for ages so this will really be a shock to the system.
I got some shreddies for breakfast (I'm fed up of rice crispies and Special K tastes too sweet after the bypass).
For tea I've bought some lovely new potatoes that I will roast in herbs and lots of veg, like broccoli, carrots and sweetcorn with a quorn or egg based dish.I'm even going to try to make a low fat version of korma when I have time.
I think I may have bought too much, seeing as I only eat small portions, but I feel much better even though I've only done the shopping! I'm sure avoiding naughty snacks will prove to be much harder, but I'm definitely going to get that will power working big time! Wish me luck!
P.s. Sorry to go on about what I've bought, but I'm excited!

Sara am loving the new positive outlook to your food and all the prep! That ticker will be doing some shifting if you keep this up!

Lol. I always get excited when I start a new healthy eating plan because I feel like I'm being really good. You'd think after doing so many diets that I'd be fed up of healthy eating but I love my veg etc so it's grrrreeeat!
Roll on the weight loss!
Gordon's cooking his tea and keeps having to remind me that I only have a little tummy now so that I don't over cook. So far I've made enough pasta for five so I'm sorted for tea today and lunch and tea tomorrow, plus Gordon's having some without the veg and our next door neighbour's having some too! Old habits die hard!
Also I've been modelling the suit that I'm going to wear tomorrow and have my bag packed, so all that's left to do is have a bath, wash my hair and do my nails.
Feeling really positive about working and eating healthily because I love having a routine!

I went shopping yesterday and could not believe how much I spent, bought all healthy stuff and like you say with eating so little it will last forever....its totally changed my outlook to food shopping...xx

Just looked at your pics! you look fantastic you must be so proud of your weight loss. just proves it has all been worthwhile eh! x

On the left hand side just under where the profile photo is click on the links there...you may need a certain number of posts before you can view other peoples photos, think its 50 so get posting...xx

Well, I've been a busy little bee working all hours this week and although I've been healthy eating I dumped at lunch time today and this morning after breakfast and then after lunch! I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Taking cheese and crackers in tomorrow in the hope I won't dump.

Back