• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Allergic to food and immune to diets: my gastric bypass story

Oh sara how unpleasent for you. How have you coped with dumping and having to carry on working. What did you have to eat? are they new foods to you or have you been ok with them in the past?
Hope tomorrow is a better day for you
carole

Well, I've been a busy little bee working all hours this week and although I've been healthy eating I dumped at lunch time today and this morning after breakfast and then after lunch! I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Taking cheese and crackers in tomorrow in the hope I won't dump.

Hi Sarah poor you, it cannot of been nice dumping at work. It's one of my biggest fears as folk at work dont know about my op. Hope the cheese and crackers work for you...xx

Hope you are feeling better soon. I am also curious what foods made you so ill and so often. Could it be a virus instead? I hope the crackers and cheese are kinder to you today.:)

Hi Charliegirl and Phatgirl,
Thankfully I was fine today but the crackers weren't very filling so I also had a banana.
This week I have dumped on my homemade egg mayo bap (although I'm fine with both when I eat them seperately and the mayo was low fat), shreddies and milk (although I was fine on it the day before, it made me feel sick yesterday) and pasta salad which is usually fine when I eat it in the eveing. It all baffles me!
I think I'll stick to crackers and something tomorrow again to be on the safe side!

Sara this happened not so long ago didn't it, how did it resolve then?

Hi Shel,
Yeah, I went through a phase where everything I would eat until tea time made me dump and it just passed. It led me to bad habits like eating crisps, which don't make me dump, which is why I'm now trying to make a point of eating super healthily during the wee at least.

Now it's not everything I eat during the day, just the odd thing so I'm now avoiding bread at lunch time. I was better on Friday as I had crispbread and soft herby cheese and a banana.

It's that time of month so the scales haven't budged after my healthy week, but I'll weigh myself at the end of next week to see if eating healthily does the trick to lose some weight.

Been busy this week, especially because the traffic was so bad with snow and ice, so I've been getting up way before the sun comes up. I'm helping tutor over the weekend because of mock exams but it was lovely having a lie in today.

Hi everyone!
First of all thank you for all the comments on my new photos. They made me feel like I'm getting somewhere! Lol.
I'm having a good week so far. Made some low fat veg korma last night and had it for lunch and tea today. It was yummy. I made it using fat free yoghurt, some sweetner, stir fried veg and a korma curry powder from Tesco. I didn't dump and it was nice and filling when I mixed it with boiled rice. Great hot or cold.
Also went to the gym tonight and instead of briskly walking on thetreadmill for 20 minutes I squeezed in a full 60 seconds running (good for me as I hate running) and after my usual weights etc I did 50 sit ups, yes 50!! I already feel tired, but tomorrow I'm probably going to suffer big time! The jacuzzi afterwardswas well worth the workout though.
Just wanted to fill you in on the progress towards the new, healthy me...

Hi Sarah you are bound to be tired you had a busy few months at the end of summer and it will no doubt be catching up on you. I had a burst of energy yesterday and did all my house work was pleased as punch till I settled down to watch tv and promptly fell asleep lol...I think its a combination of being back doing ten hour shifts after having three months off and then surgery....but I dont mind I slept like a log...I have yet to get motivated with the gym but I am sure it will start soon, well done on you for running I actually like running well I did before I gained so much weight....xx

Hiya hunny..........
Your doing fantastic, so well done to you.............. remeber to make time for yourself too!!!!! How's Gordon?

Hi Mandy,
Thanks. I hope you're doing alright. You seen to be shedding the ponds like there's no tomorrow. Good for you!
I will make time for myself, maybe this weekend. At least I'm getting some relaxing time when I get my baby guinea pigs out. They are so cute!
Gordon's ill again. Not in hospital, but really suffering with his stomach at the moment. I really wish I could help him...

Hi Sara.
Your very honest personal storym sounds very much like my own. I had Dr Ammori too and found him to be fantastic. I was at the Alex though. well done on your weight loss.
Kind regards R x

Hi everyone,
I'm still being a busy little bee and aching from Monday at the gym. I hope to go again tomorrow night if I build up enough energy! I made a lovely homemade new potato salad for lunch today, which was delicious.
Gordon has had to go to A&E again with his stomach as he's suffering a lot and they suspect that he has an ulcer - again. Will keep you all posted.
I'm home late tonight so going to have a quick omlette tea now and a shower.

Hi everyone,
Not done anything healthy (AKA gym) over the weekend as I have a cold. So lots of relaxing really.Although that time of month is passing, I seem to be putting weight on as opposed to losing it - very frustrating. I just hope it's water retention. Went out for a 3 course meal yesterday, but chose the healthiest options (veg soup minus the bread, mushroom risotto followed by ice cream) and needless to say I didn't finish any of the courses. With the main meal I eat some rice but maily just picked on the mushrooms. I have been suffering loads since then though as I'm assuming that they were quite high in fat, so I've been running to the toilet. Hey, at least I didn't dump, which is miles worse!
Feeling a bit better with the cold today so hoping I'll be alright tomorrow.

Back