• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Allergic to food and immune to diets: my gastric bypass story

Hi Sara

Probably was high fat with the cream in the risotto but glad to hear your feeling a bit better hun, hang in there xxx

Hi everyone!
I hope that you all had a very merry Christmas. I feel like I've not been on Minis for ages and it's only been a week!
I had a lovely Christmas visiting family etc. It was nice to nip home to Wales yesterday for just over 24 hours. I had a Christmas lunch at Gordon's mum's and then a Boxing day lunch at my mum's. I was actually surprised at how much I could eat, although on Christmas Eve we went out for a meal at the Harvester and failed miserably! I had two WKDs and it got very hot in the place. I was donning a very snuggly off the shoulder jumper as it was cold outside, but after a few nibbles from the salad bar I felt very hot and bothered! By the time the meal, if you can call it that in my case (I'd ordered minestone soup and a corn on the cob), I couldn't face eating anything hot. In the end poor Gordon was forced to go to the toilet to remove his Tshirt as I was huffing and puffing (leaving him to wear his hot hoodie zipped up!) so that I could try on his Tshirt. I was so surprised that it actually fit me, as I used to have to buy XXL men's Tshirts,so I ended upwearing his Tshirt and going out to cool do whilst he started to eat his meal. Aren't I nasty leaving himon his lonesome? Once I'd cooled down I came back and only managed a bite of the sweetcorn and a spoonful of soup! I ended up waiting for him to finish his meal in the cooler bar area! I thought losing weight made you cooler rather than hotter, but with alcohol on board I don't think that it's the case! I felt bad wasting my food, especially when Gordon said that the waitress had asked if everything was alright when collecting the plates off the table where my food lay barely touched. On the positive side we had a lovely time in the bar once I'd cooled down!
Over the last few days I have managed to eat a lot more even with quite a lot of alcohol! I suppose that I have learnt a lesson that even though I may fancy a meal out, sometimes, when my belly randomly decides, I can't! Weird!
I'm now back in Worsley after all the festivities and travelling.
As one of Gordon's Christmas presents I got a balloon saying "Let's set a date" and a diary with a love note saying "I love you and you love me so choose a date, you have 365 days to choose from and I'll marry you in sickness and in health.." as he was relucatant to set a date for our wedding because he didn't want to burden me with him being ill. Of curse he chose a date, as he wants to really, so we're hoping to organise a small wedding for Augusrt 8th if it's not booked up, so watch this space!!

:love047:

:bananalove: :bananalove: :bananalove:

Yay! Congratulations to you both, thats fabulous news! Ooooh now the fun bit starts, all the organising. If you need a hand just shout, I used to organise weddings :D

Thanks to you all and a happy new year to everyone!! I've had a lazy Christmas and New Year so hoping to get back on track now before the BIG DAY!! Put a few pounds on over the hols, but hoping that exercise and healthy eating will get me back on track. I seem to be able to eat almost anything by now, except stodgy stuff, which doesn't help my weight loss. I have also found a solution to get rid of the getting the food stuck between my throat and stomach problem...jumping up and down! Honestly it works for me as it moves it along, much nicer than throwing up! Try it!
On the wedding front we have now booked a church and are looking into a small recetion venue so it's all going ahead as planned. I really need to lose some weight to fit into my dress though, the top half of me is far too big to get into the perfect dress and I absolutely refuse to get a big size!!

ooooh wedding talk :p love it!

:love047::love:Ah that is fantastic news so exciting!! you will be able to choose any dress you like with your wonderfel weight loss. x

woooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo a date finally!!!!!! Hunny you will look amazing in whatever you were, you are alot smaller now, Your weightloss is amazing...........

keep smiling

Aww thank you for all your lovely comments! I'm now busily researching into reception venues and bridesmaids dresses and all the little bits.
On the down side I'm hitting a milestone on Friday. I will be 30, so I'm trying to immerse myself in the wedding and forget all about leaving the twenties!!

hitting 30 is exciting too! think i can just about remember it!!! have a fab birthday and celebrate in style x

Thanks guys. Sorry I've not been online for a bit, but I've been busy planning the wedding. Because it's a bit short notice compared to a lot of weddings these days, I've had to book most things asap as so many things are already booked up!
So far I've booked the church, made a pencilled in booking for the reception (I will get confirmation of availability in a weeks' time), booked a wedding car and a photographer. It doesn't sound like much, but I've had to phone around and visit places to make sure everything is fine before booking.
My mum emailed me photos of when I was a size 8-10 (3 years ago) this weekend. It's really depressing that although I have lost weight I still look fat compared to the photos. Although I made an effort to be fit and eat healthily before Chistmas, it's all gone downhill with the wedding prepaations and having to go out for meals to test reception venues etc. With me it's all or nothing, so I have been eating rubbish and not going to the gym. Having seen these photos of myself, I have decided to use the frustration that I'm feeling in a positive way by taking action big time! THIS TIME I MEAN BUSINESS!
I have 29 weeks until the wedding and want to lose at least 2 pounds a week so that I can feel perfect on my big day. As I work late-ish and don't want to lose my evenings (or what's left of them) I am going to squeeze in half an hour at the gym before work. The gym opens at 6.30 am and I need to leave for work at 7.15 so that should give me enough time to have a quick shower before I leave. I'm also going to be good on the food front (no rubbish and less snacking). I'm hoping that this will make me meet my goal of 2 pounds a week! I certainly hope it will because I have lost weight after the bypass without much effort so with this additional effort it should make a difference.
I'm just worried that if I do manage to lose the weight, like I have before I will have excess skin everywhere (especially on my arms). This hapopened before when I lost weight though diet and execise even though I was trying to tone up in the gym too. So if anyone out there has any ideas about what will work to get rid of this without resorting to surgery I'd like to hear from you please!!
I know everyone sets New Year's resolutions like this but for me I have to do it and am working to a tight schedule. I will keep you all posted on how I get on and whether it's working. Wish me luck!

Good to hear from you Sara, missed you round here! finding a wedding venue big enough to accomodate all the mini's crowd on top of your friends and family must be difficult! ;) jk ;)

How's Gordon doing now? Any news/change?

Tell him I'll be thinking of him then and fingers crossed they get to the bottom of it!

Thanks girls. Well it's been a busy day for me. I was up at 5.45 and after getting ready, taking the dogs out and having shreddies for breakfast I went to the gym for 6.30. I couldn't believe that there was a massive queue of people waiting for it to open!! I did 30 mins on the cross trainer (burnt over 140 calories) and then did 6 weight machines to tone my arms, legs, back, chest etc and finished off with sit ups. After a quick shower I set off for work and was really awake.
At lunch time I walked for 15 minutes outside and had crispbread with philadelphia light. I had to stay late, but then got home to reply to some firewalking enquiries before going out to work again at 5.30. I got home at 8.15 and had an omlette, beans and potato for tea. After such a hectic day I have just had a lovely bath. I feel like I'm now really doing something about my weight and have even packed my bag for the gym tomorrow. I know that I can't go there every day or I'll burn myself out as I work long hours, but I want to go as often as I can to lose these pounds!!
Although I feel really motivated and pleased with myself, my arms and legs are tired now and I'm ready for bed. I'll keep you posted on what I manage to squeeze in tomorrow (hopefully it won't snow too much or I'll have to abandon the gym and set off for work earlier to beat the traffic and go in the evening instead.

Thats a fantastic start Sara, I certainly couldn't manage 30 minutes on a cross trainer!

Back